Connections Cafe and Eatery

Thelazer

The commissary over at the studios had / has more detail than this place.
Heck there used to be a "show" inside the studios commissary when it first opened.

Sir_Cliff

The mural is so out of place, it's not even funny.
Maybe if they stuck it in the land, it MIGHT kinda fit the theme.

But in a modern theme (or is it no theme??) fast casual eatery?
I don't know, a mural about people all around the world coming together over food seems pretty apt for a place serving food called Connections. What mural would fit here? Seems like the kind of vaguely utopian vision that fits with whatever Epcot is these days.

TikibirdLand

We ate at EU (or whatever it was called) in 2019. Mediocre at best.
Well, some of my family's best memories are in the Electric Umbrella. When they were little, they lived on burgers and nuggets. Were they the best ones? Not really. But, they were happy and jabbered about wanting to eat upstairs. When the inevitable squalls came through the legs of Spaceship Earth, we'd duck in there and find a table upstairs to ride it out. We must have run into a lot of guests not on this board; they were pretty busy all the time!

Oh, and Columbia Harbor House was another favorite. Their Fish & Chips reminded us of Long John Silvers and I could get my picky eaters tummies full. Its upstairs was a great place to crowd watch while waiting for FoF. Kids ate their first shimp at this restaurant.

EPCOTCenterLover

Well, some of my family's best memories are in the Electric Umbrella. When they were little, they lived on burgers and nuggets. Were they the best ones? Not really. But, they were happy and jabbered about wanting to eat upstairs. When the inevitable squalls came through the legs of Spaceship Earth, we'd duck in there and find a table upstairs to ride it out. We must have run into a lot of guests not on this board; they were pretty busy all the time!

Oh, and Columbia Harbor House was another favorite. Their Fish & Chips reminded us of Long John Silvers and I could get my picky eaters tummies full. Its upstairs was a great place to crowd watch while waiting for FoF. Kids ate their first shimp at this restaurant.
We're big fans of Columbia Harbour House- and you can't beat the views.

V_L_Raptor

That has to be the most GENERIC DULL boring artwork I've ever seen..
Good god, it's like "how bland can we make this..." Hell they even duplicated one of the jean jacket ladies in it twice.

Also pretty sure that mural in the background there, was lifted right from the Denver airport.

I mean, we're talking about the place re-branding itself with "The Magic of Possibility," so...

TrainsOfDisney

It kills me how he bends over backwards to try infusing some kind of meaning for what's essentially a hopped-up McDonald's. Not the first time, either. Imagineering patter does not experience make, Zach.
I think that’s a lot of the criticism. Electric umbrella was basic, yes. But it wasn’t trying to be anything fancy. It was just the Epcot quick service place. It was fun and quirky just to be fun and quirky. Same with Mouse Gears.

V_L_Raptor

I think that’s a lot of the criticism. Electric umbrella was basic, yes. But it wasn’t trying to be anything fancy. It was just the Epcot quick service place. It was fun and quirky just to be fun and quirky. Same with Mouse Gears.

Although he does that with pretty much everything at this point. As evocative and familiar elements of Epcot slowly and surely get hauled away in favor of bland upon bland with splashes of color, he seems to think he can give everything meaning by posting paragraph captions on social media. It's like he's the Anti-Rohde.

EU was what it was, without fuss, as a QSR should be. Stop in, eat a sandwich and drink some fluids, maybe people-watch a little, go enjoy the park. Maybe stop in to get a drink while you're avoiding a rainstorm. It had quirky decorations, and yeah, it was fun. It didn't need some disingenuous BS about connecting with strangers over food, because it was a place you could feed your face for relatively little dough and time when there was a whole park to enjoy. Now that the park's diminishing, the flagging experience throughout gets propped up with Instagram essays about every little silly thing that wouldn't have needed to be a focus 20 or 25 years ago.

It would be comical, if he weren't so desperate for sincerity on a park he most assuredly doesn't understand, and that's with all the resources in the world to help him.

ImperfectPixie

Although he does that with pretty much everything at this point. As evocative and familiar elements of Epcot slowly and surely get hauled away in favor of bland upon bland with splashes of color, he seems to think he can give everything meaning by posting paragraph captions on social media. It's like he's the Anti-Rohde.

EU was what it was, without fuss, as a QSR should be. Stop in, eat a sandwich and drink some fluids, maybe people-watch a little, go enjoy the park. Maybe stop in to get a drink while you're avoiding a rainstorm. It had quirky decorations, and yeah, it was fun. It didn't need some disingenuous BS about connecting with strangers over food, because it was a place you could feed your face for relatively little dough and time when there was a whole park to enjoy. Now that the park's diminishing, the flagging experience throughout gets propped up with Instagram essays about every little silly thing that wouldn't have needed to be a focus 20 or 25 years ago.

It would be comical, if he weren't so desperate for sincerity on a park he most assuredly doesn't understand, and that's with all the resources in the world to help him.
He's not writing the posts...they have editorial oversight. Blame the PR department as a whole for thinking every little thing needs to be marketed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom