Confused by similar member avatars!

_caleb

Original Poster
Anyone else here find themselves confusing one member with another because they have similar profile avatars? I just had a whole conversation in a thread with two different members that I thought were one and the same-I was really confused!

Maybe I’m just a visual memory person, but I tend to lump the Brers, the Figments, the John-from-CoPs, and even the Rocketeers (besides myself) together! There are even two members with actual photos of themselves and I confuse one for the other! I should definitely pay more attention to the screen names.

Maybe it’s just me?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Anyone else here find themselves confusing one member with another because they have similar profile avatars? I just had a whole conversation in a thread with two different members that I thought were one and the same-I was really confused!

Maybe I’m just a visual memory person, but I tend to lump the Brers, the Figments, the John-from-CoPs, and even the Rocketeers (besides myself) together! There are even two members with actual photos of themselves and I confuse one for the other! I should definitely pay more attention to the screen names.

Maybe it’s just me?

I don't think I have ever done that, but I do relay more on Avatars the names to recognize members. People who change their Avatars often fall off my radar when I am scanning through threads.

_caleb

Original Poster
I don't think I have ever done that, but I do relay more on Avatars the names to recognize members. People who change their Avatars often fall off my radar when I am scanning through threads.
I do this, too! One of my favorite members to follow recently changed their avatar and I found myself missing them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom