Confused about Dinning plan?

magicstar01

Original Poster
I am really confused about how the dinning plan works, i read the stuff on it from disney but i just don't get it lol :brick: so i have a few questions if anyone can answer them that be great!

1. Is it easy to use?
2. Do you have to show your card to your server before you order?
3. What happens if you run out of meals, can you get more added on?

Epcot82Guy

Count me in on this one. It seems like it is great, and we are considering it for our trip this summer. Would like to hear more of the operational details of it.

Having been to Disney in each of the last 10 years, I have had some experience with the dining plan. First, it depends on what type of plan you would like whether it be a restaurant in the parks or at the Boardwalk area. A few years ago I took part in Mama Melrose's at MGM and the Fantasmic dining plan. You receive an automatic, guaranteed seat in the show after you eat at MM. This turns out really well if you want to see Fanstasmic.

There are a few ways in which you can do this. You can book the dining plan as part of your stay, or you can decide to take part by dialing Guest Services in your resort room. I hope this helps!

"Now approaching, Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center."

JPVonDrake

magicstar01 said:
I am really confused about how the dinning plan works, i read the stuff on it from disney but i just don't get it lol :brick: so i have a few questions if anyone can answer them that be great!

1. Is it easy to use?
2. Do you have to show your card to your server before you order?
3. What happens if you run out of meals, can you get more added on?

I'll be glad to answer your questions...

The Disney Dinning Plan is part of the "Magic Your Way Package Plus Dinning" vacation package. This package includes a stay at a Disney owned and operated resort for 1 to 10 nights, a Magic Your Way theme park ticket of your choice, and the Disney Dinning Plan for the length of your stay. Everyone in the room must be on the same package with the same theme park ticket options. The Disney Dinning plan is not sold separately.

How it works...

For each night of your stay each Guest (age 3 and over) receive:

1 Table Service Meal (Appetizer, Entrée, Desert, and Non-alcoholic beverage OR Full buffet, non-alcoholic beverage)

1 Counter-Service Meal (Entrée or Entrée Combo , dessert, non-alcoholic beverage)

1 Snack (Choice of 1 item: Frozen Ice-Cream Novelty, Popsicle or Fruit Bar
Single Serving Box of Popcorn, Grab bag of Frito-Lay Chips, Single Piece of whole fruit 20oz Bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, 24oz Dasani Water, Medium Fountain Soft Drink or Apple Juice)

For meals at participating locations, you can choose from the entire menu. There is no cost restrictions on your menu choices. Guests age 3-9 however will be required to order from the children's menu where one is available. Also note all taxes and gratuities are included, so feel free to order the most expensive items on the menu!

For example, a family of four Guest (all age 3 years old or older) staying for 5 nights would receive 20 table service meals, 20 counter service meals and 20 snacks. These entitlements can be used in any order, for any meal period (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) by anyone in the room, at anytime from the moment you check-in or register at your resort until they are fully depleted or until midnight on the date you are scheduled to check-out.

The Plan can be used over 100 restaurants, including Character Dinning and Dinner Shows. Due to cost of an average meal at select signature restaurants and Dinner Shows, these locations will count as 2 of your Table Service Meal entitlements per guest. You can find snack locations throughout the parks and resorts. Nearly all cart locations selling included snack items accept the plan.

Simply present your Key to the World Card (resort ID/room key card) to your server prior to ordering so the restaurant knows to charge your meal to your Dinning Plan.

Your meals and snack usage will be tracked electronically, and you will receive a receipt with each use of the plan, listing your remaining balance of entitlements.

If you have any specific questions on the plan, included participating locations, feel free to post or PM me.

I am always glad to help! :sohappy:

jesserin

Clark Griswold said:
Having been to Disney in each of the last 10 years, I have had some experience with the dining plan. First, it depends on what type of plan you would like whether it be a restaurant in the parks or at the Boardwalk area. A few years ago I took part in Mama Melrose's at MGM and the Fantasmic dining plan. You receive an automatic, guaranteed seat in the show after you eat at MM. This turns out really well if you want to see Fanstasmic.

There are a few ways in which you can do this. You can book the dining plan as part of your stay, or you can decide to take part by dialing Guest Services in your resort room. I hope this helps!

"Now approaching, Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center."

This was how things were done in years past... it's quite a bit different now... the dining plan they are asking about is the new plan... :)

jesserin

Adding to JPVonDrake:

As for as your question for adding meals... no additional meals can be added to the dining plan - once you've used all your meal options (which by the way is difficult as they provide so much food - you'll find that eating more than 2 meals a day is tough!) Anyway, once you've used up all the meal options you will need to purchase any additional meals seperatly...

It is a wonderful plan and has made dining at Disney highly affordable! :) in the past the meal plans were very costly and difficult to get your money's worth... not any more! :) The new dining plan is a wonderful chance to really experience Disney Dining at it's best!

Justa' BigKid

Some will probably considered this cheating…

At many of the counter service locations, if your child (ages 3-9) does not want to eat off of the "limited" child menu, one of the adults can make all of the orders at the register and pay for them with his/her room key. This will allow the child to choose something like a large burger instead of macaroni and cheese.

All of the meals are in one large pool and can be used in any way you see fit. What I mean by this is that there is no way for them to seperate the child meals from the adult meals.

For that matter, if you have a picky eater in the group, there is nothing saying that other members of the party can't use the meal portion of that picky eater for some other day. This can really stretch the $$$$.

Dwarful

JPVonDrake said:

. Also note all taxes and gratuities are included, so feel free to order the most expensive items on the menu!

I am always glad to help! :sohappy:

Wow! This is nice to know, I did not realize that gratuities were included on this. I think that if we don't renew our AP's for the next trip we would go this route. Seems Disney has figured out how people "save" on their trips and are making the most out of that. Seems like a lot of food for a family of four. All I'd have to bring money for is Dole Whips and Rice Cream!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom