Confession: This Trip is Probably too Important to Me

cw1982

Original Poster
Is it sad that this trip I'm planning with my son literally feels like the only positive thing I have going on right now?

Goodeone

Is it sad that this trip I'm planning with my son literally feels like the only positive thing I have going on right now?

Not at all. A trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) can definitely act as a "light at the end of the tunnel" to look forward to. It's a nice escapism that allows you to think and dream ahead at all the memories you will be making.

Enjoy the wait!

cw1982

Original Poster
Not at all. A trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) can definitely act as a "light at the end of the tunnel" to look forward to. It's a nice escapism that allows you to think and dream ahead at all the memories you will be making.

Enjoy the wait!

I'm so glad it's almost here. I definitely need a light at the end of my tunnel right now.

ddbowdoin

No, it’s an amazing time and be thankful you can go.

I’ve avoided the forums for the last few years because my DW and I were saving for a house, then purchased the house, and the saving was replaced by trying to start a family, etc. With our first on the way and the stress of figuring out maternity leave, short and long term solutions for daycare, disney trips are looking grim. Even though I know I’ll find a way to make it happen, I WISH I could be planning trips!

Remember, enjoy what you have rather than focusing on what you don’t

Goofyernmost

I'm so glad it's almost here. I definitely need a light at the end of my tunnel right now.
I felt the same way shortly after my divorce many years ago. I was all depressed for the first few hours and then went to CoP and listened to how there was "A great big beautiful tomorrow" and it, literally changed my life. It somehow struck a responsive nerve and made me decide to buckle down and make a new life for myself. I have never regretted the change in attitude and how positive it was from that point on. Smell the roses (just don't pick one that happens to have a bee hovering over it.) 😀

cw1982

Original Poster
I felt the same way shortly after my divorce many years ago. I was all depressed for the first few hours and then went to CoP and listened to how there was "A great big beautiful tomorrow" and it, literally changed my life. It somehow struck a responsive nerve and made me decide to buckle down and make a new life for myself. I have never regretted the change in attitude and how positive it was from that point on. Smell the roses (just don't pick one that happens to have a bee hovering over it.) 😀

I'm not depressed about the divorce. That needed to happen. But... he's been doing everything he can to make life difficult for me, to the point where even my son's teacher made a comment about feeling bad for me when I met with her the other day. I just want to be able to find someone new and be happy, but I don't think anyone is ever going to think I'm worth his level of crazy.

cw1982

Original Poster
No, it’s an amazing time and be thankful you can go.

I’ve avoided the forums for the last few years because my DW and I were saving for a house, then purchased the house, and the saving was replaced by trying to start a family, etc. With our first on the way and the stress of figuring out maternity leave, short and long term solutions for daycare, disney trips are looking grim. Even though I know I’ll find a way to make it happen, I WISH I could be planning trips!

Remember, enjoy what you have rather than focusing on what you don’t

Honestly? I'd give anything to be starting a family with someone. All of those things you're stressing about would be worth giving up Disney trips for a while. My trip is my distraction from the fact that I don't have those things.

Congrats on the pregnancy.

Goofyernmost

I'm not depressed about the divorce. That needed to happen. But... he's been doing everything he can to make life difficult for me, to the point where even my son's teacher made a comment about feeling bad for me when I met with her the other day. I just want to be able to find someone new and be happy, but I don't think anyone is ever going to think I'm worth his level of crazy.
I honestly wasn't even aware of you having a divorce. I was using my example just as an example of how some of the smallest things can register in a way that turns things around in our thinking. If I might be so bold it sounds like you are considering yourself to be a victim of judgment from others when you need to realize is that you have gotten yourself out of a very bad situation and now should be looking forward and taking steps toward the future instead of wishing for it. You might find someone new, most people do, but in order to do that you need to be able to be happy with yourself. That will be more of an attraction then a situation that seems desperate.

Goofyernmost

Honestly? I'd give anything to be starting a family with someone. All of those things you're stressing about would be worth giving up Disney trips for a while. My trip is my distraction from the fact that I don't have those things.

Congrats on the pregnancy.
Didn't you say that you were planning the trip with your son? You have or had those things, now you are taking yourself and your existing family and building a new, exciting and rewarding life. That's a pretty good base.

cw1982

Original Poster
Didn't you say that you were planning the trip with your son? You have or had those things, now you are taking yourself and your existing family and building a new, exciting and rewarding life. That's a pretty good base.

Yes. It's me and my son. But he's four. I don't miss my ex, but I painfully miss having a partner in life. I thought I had found someone a few months ago, but turns out he was lying about some pretty important things that I'm not going to put on here.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative of your advice. I really am thankful. My heart just aches. But I really am working on it... hence the Disney trip.

Tommye1078

Disney is always a great way to start fresh. Its amazing how people just pop into your life from out of nowhere. Right under your nose. It always happens when you least expect and when your ready.

cw1982

Original Poster
That great!!! I’m always down around November. I’m one of the guest chefs at for party for the senses

How fun! I'd love to be able to go in November, but I doubt Thanksgiving week is a good time anymore lol. My work schedule definitely gets in the way of me spending more money at Disney (which is probably a good thing lol)

Tommye1078

The best part of being a guest chef is Disney pays for it!!!! Lol. I love anytime between sept - dec in wdw. Nothing makes me feel more at home than being there. Call me crazy

cw1982

Original Poster
The best part of being a guest chef is Disney pays for it!!!! Lol. I love anytime between sept - dec in wdw. Nothing makes me feel more at home than being there. Call me crazy

Now I'm jealous! Do you enjoy cooking in your every day life? Or is that something you save for Disney?

Tommye1078

I do love to cook but it can be hard to find the time at home. I work a lot so when I’m off I like to have a different chef do the cooking. What about you. Love cooking?

cw1982

Original Poster
I do love to cook but it can be hard to find the time at home. I work a lot so when I’m off I like to have a different chef do the cooking. What about you. Love cooking?

I need to learn to love to cook lol. It's just me and my toddler at home, and I've had weight loss surgery... so I tend to not cook as much as I should. 🤦‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom