Condo purchase if you had the choice (area)

Badger Brent

Original Poster
. were a couple years away from moving to Florida, but on the next few trips down we want to start looking at areas to buy a condo. Between orlando and Tampa, but no more than 30-40 miles from Orlando. We will be in our mid to late 50's when we make the move. Give us your 1st choices on where you would locate. TIA!

Probably the biggest question to ask before buying any home in Central Florida is whether the home can be offered for short term rental?
That makes a huge difference about how you can make best use of the home if you decide to move on.
Once you decide, that will really help your realtor to find the best condo options for you.

Mouse_Trap

Depends if you want to be close to the beach I guess.

I would be quite happy with a place near Disney/Universal, but equally being a little closer to the beach would be nice.

I don't know how prices compare to be honest, but I'd imagine the closer to the parks then the more likely you are to be able to rent out the place.

I think when it comes down to it, for a retirement place....I'd take the beach.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We usually rent a house or condo when we head to Disney. My favorite location so far has been in Emerald Isle, just 5 minutes to the parks and 10 to DTD. It's also a good place if you are ever going to rent it out when not in the area. Happy house hunting!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacquelinn

. were a couple years away from moving to Florida, but on the next few trips down we want to start looking at areas to buy a condo. Between orlando and Tampa, but no more than 30-40 miles from Orlando. We will be in our mid to late 50's when we make the move. Give us your 1st choices on where you would locate. TIA!
I live in Windermere, Fl (literally right off Disney's doorsteps) and love the area. I also work here so my commute is nice and short. I'm actually in the process of selling my current townhome so I can buy into another one in the same area.

lilian silva

I always had this dream about living in the Orlando, Kissimee, area and I finaly did.

I live in Celebration which is a wonderfull city with excellent options to dine and have fun. In fact the city was created by the Walt Disney Company. However, in your case, since You wont be moving in a near future, I would recommend to buy a condo that you could rent as vacation home and at the same time, live in a real community and feel at home. There are some options like this available now. I know the Avex at Chelsea Park. You can just take a look. I can also introduce You to the realtor that helped me to find my home. She is really great and would support you in everything you need. Just let me know if you want her contacts ok

MAGICFLOP

I wouldn't buy a condo.. I don't want my finances tied to my neighbors... Also, you are a bad neighbor away from the price dropping..

macefamily

Funny, but that's my wife and my plan. I'd like to hang onto my current job for a few more years, then sell my house in PA, and move down to the Orlando/Kissimmee area. My friend who lives over in Daytona tells me that we need to move closer to the beach. I have no problem driving for an hour to get to a beach. Heck, we currently have to drive 3 1/2 hours to get to a beach. Our family has been to Disney/Universal 21 times. Only recently have we started renting a condo in Kissimmee area, and we love it. I can certainly see living there full time. When the time gets closer, I don't know if I'll be able to pick up and move away from my three kids. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom