Condensed Trip Report 6/7-6/15.

Cast: Me (age 40)
DW (39)
DD (13)
DS (4)

Resort: The Polynesian. We were displaced from the French Quarter. We've stayed at the Polynesian before so it wasn't a tough choice at a once in a lifetime rate. We're were in 2315 Fiji. Great view of the marina, Grand Ceremonial House, back of the volcano pool, and the Contemporary. A very partial view of the Electrical Water Pageant (better seen from the dock). We always wondered what it took to get these rooms. Now we know, send in a fax request. Mousekeeping was good. Polynesian was beautiful, as always.

Magic Kingdom: our favorite park. Hit all the rides. If you do extra magic hour you really make out. Even on a regular opening day we still did all of Fantasyland in about an hour. FYI, at 9:07 Dumbo had a fifteen minute wait on a Thursday morning. Crowds were generally worst at Splash and Big Thunder. Big Thunder Fastpasses seemed to start with later return times than the usual one hour spread. We saw the alligators (2) in the Rivers of America. One was camped out by the Turkey Leg stand. The otherone was about halfway to the Steamboat dock. I have pictures of one if anyone would like to see them.

Epcot: DD and I rode Mission:Space on 6/11. We saw people coming out of the gift shop and went to see if it was open. It and the ride were. Great ride. I won't go into detail since others already have. We walked on with no wait. Expensive ride. Gift shop cost Me $100 for a polo shirt, tank top (for DD), two different license plates, and two pins. No ladders. Apparently they were a cast member exclusive. LOL. DD, DW, and DS then did TT while I walked on to M:S again. Now I'm spoiled. It won't be near as much fun when there's a line. Didn't see the new China movie. Did take the time to actually really walk through each country. A worthwhile experience.

MGM: New spiel on GMR is unremarkable but not bad either. Did WWTBAM PI! Didn't make the hot seat but came close. All three fastest finger winners admitted that they just guessed quickly. Could this be a viable stategy? I'm beginning to wonder. Stars Wars weekends were fun. We didn't sign up for any of the events but did do a number of photos. Kids wouldn't do Darth Vader. Darn! Limited Disney characters however. A Fantasmic note. They don't decide on whether or not to cancel due to inclement weather until about 15 minutes beforehand. They will go with light rain. We had drizzle and the theater was only about 80% full. We walked right in with 5 minutes until showtime and got great seats.

Animal Kingdom: Some new characters, for us, in Flik and Stanley. My guess is that they put Stanley at Planet Watch to get people to go out there. Did Breakfastosaurus at Restaurantasaurus. Good food, good characters. Enough said. Nothing else really notable.

Blizzard Beach: Very crowded midweek. Long line to get in. Reasonable lines once inside. Longest were, of course, for Summit Plummet. Castaway Creek had no tubes at some entry points but the were allowing you to float/walk without them. Kids loved this. Various misters make the lines seem shorter. Snow cone stand is one of the best ever.

Miscellaneous: got my second ever 999,999 on Buzz. Got stopped with inside the second room. The top target on the volcano got me up there. The inside left hand on the robot is still best at 100,000 per pop. Friends had a Pal Mickey. The accidentally dropped him. He complained about it to them. Cute. Toy stores have new Ho scale Magic Kingdom Railroad with station. Nemo is cute over at the TandT Center. They have music and bubbles. Seaweed friends are gigantic. Some smaller kids might not like them. I have a photo if anyone is interested.

Pins: on the day we were leaving they had a limited edition M:S pin being released at Epcot Pin Central. No problem, right? Just run over and get it, right? There was a line complete with temporary barriers. They had two registers rumming and had a cast member controlling access. I swear the one person in front of me had 6 or 7 bags of pins. Now I know where all the pins on E-bay come from.

That's about it. I'm tired of typing. Any questions, just ask.

Debbie

(a vacation at WDW) sure beats a root canal! Glad you had a nice time. It's nice to see a mature contributer to these forums.

BTW Did you see we tried to wish you a Happy Birthday?; don't know if you saw that:)

Katherine

Really enjoyed reading your trip report! I would kill to stay the Polynesian I love that hotel!! :lol: Anyways sounds like you had a great time!

Thanks for sharing and thanks for the picture of the bus stop. I hope it is done by our arrival on aug. 15th. How was the construction going at rarotonga? Was there alot of dirt, dust kicking up etc. Our one ds has asthma so I want to keep him away from there as much as possible. Any comments about where you ate? Good or bad? Thanks.

disneydentist

Original Poster
Originally posted by marypopmom
Thanks for sharing and thanks for the picture of the bus stop. I hope it is done by our arrival on aug. 15th. How was the construction going at rarotonga? Was there alot of dirt, dust kicking up etc. Our one ds has asthma so I want to keep him away from there as much as possible. Any comments about where you ate? Good or bad? Thanks.

We didn't even notice the construction at Rarotongo. No noticeable dust, etc... from any of the construction. The only place we ate at the Polynesian was Captain Cook's. Standard Disney fast food. No complaints from us. We are not an "eating" kind of family.

disneydentist

Original Poster
Originally posted by careship
Would love to see your pics of the gators.

Great trip report. Thanks!!

This is the one we saw nearer to Splash Mountain. My guess on both would be 3-4 feet in length but don't hold me that too closely. I'm a dentist not a herpetologist.

showphoto.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom