Concierge, worth the extra points?

ConstanceIrene

Original Poster
We are going to spend a few days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge during our WDW vacation next summer. Has anyone stayed on the concierge level and is it worth the extra points?

bgraham34

My wife's cousin has and said it is worth it. They had snacks when they wanted it and enjoyed it. For me i have never done that at Disney so i dont know.

ZapperZ

Don't you also get to go on the Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom if you stay at the Concierge level?

Zz.

RickEff

That's a lot of points though. At value season it's 49 points per night on a weekday and 88 on weekends.

You may want to check to see how much it would cost and see if you'd be further ahead renting points at $10 a point and paying cash. Especially if you're going to stay on weekends. You didn't mention when you were going but if you have an annual pass the rate including tax for Concierge is $406.68 a night, so renting out 41 points per night may be better. That's the "best rate plan" for stays starting in January (60 days out)

ConstanceIrene

Original Poster
RickEff said:
That's a lot of points though. At value season it's 49 points per night on a weekday and 88 on weekends.

You may want to check to see how much it would cost and see if you'd be further ahead renting points at $10 a point and paying cash. Especially if you're going to stay on weekends. You didn't mention when you were going but if you have an annual pass the rate including tax for Concierge is $406.68 a night, so renting out 41 points per night may be better. That's the "best rate plan" for stays starting in January (60 days out)

The room will be 50 points per night for our 3 night stay during weeknights in August. The rate that I saw on the Disney website was $480.00. Our annual passes have expired and we won't purchase new ones until next Summer. Thanks, though, for such a knowledgeable response.

Regarding the sunrise safari: yes, we will do it, but it's not included with the concierge booking. It's an additional $49 per person.

After our 3 nights at AKL, we'll head "home" to the Boardwalk for a week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom