Concierge level question

docdebbi

Original Poster
my question is about how you get into the actual concierge lounge.

Now here is why......I am just beginning the planning process for a cruise on the Dream. I would like to get a one bedroom suite concierge level, which officially sleeps 5. But there are 6 of us. If I do this, I would plan to get an extra inside cabin for one person, knowing that we will all just stay in the nicer room anyway, No one knows or cares where we actually sleep. (and yes, our three little guys will all fit together in one queen bed- they all sleep together in one twin at home- despite having their own beds- because they are inseparable)

so my question concerns whether we would be able to take advantage of the lounge, and the private sun deck. If, like the concierge level at the hotels, any room key will open the door, and no one checks each individual person, then I should be able to get the extra 3 year old in with us. But if it's like magic band use, each person scans, we can't get in.

So, any experience anyone?
thanks

Tom

Beta Return
They're going to know how many people are using each room, first of all. The stateroom hosts are there, essentially, 24/7. And the ones on the Concierge deck are even more attentive, because they have fewer staterooms assigned to them, and because - well - it's Concierge.

They'll know if you have 6 people staying in a room designed for 5. And the stateroom host for your "extra" room will absolutely know that nobody is staying in the room. And that will likely send up red flags.

I can't say first hand how strict they are about these types of things, because I've never attempted to exceed the posted occupancy in a stateroom (or a resort room, for that matter), but it's an expensive risk to take. Why not just book an adjacent or nearby Concierge stateroom to the 1BR, so that you're all actually staying together, and are all Concierge guests.

As for the lounge, yes, it requires your KttW card to open the door. As for them checking each and every person - no. But like the stateroom hosts, they're VERY attentive. They get to know the Concierge guests, and will mingle with you in the lounge while you're visiting. There are very few Concierge staterooms, so as with the stateroom hosts, the lounge hosts will know the name of everyone in your family by the time the cruise is over. It's not at all like the Club Level at the resorts, where there are usually a large number of guests/rooms, and the Cast Members aren't really invested in getting to know guests. It's very small, and intimate. If someone brought in a non-Concierge member, I predict they would notice.

My advice is not to attempt this, especially given what you're spending on the rooms. Spend the extra bucks and get 2 rooms in Concierge, which will also give you a bit more room. One adult will need to be listed in each room, regardless, as kids cannot be in rooms without adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom