Concerns about the Matterhorn...

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

They can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 1. It would ding the integrity of the ride 2. It would provide Disney yet another source of price gouging their customers 3. That flash can be ridiculous, and if I was an epileptic, I wouldn't be able to ride Space Mountain.
sums it up nicely plus #4 IT WOULD BE TACKY AND LAME. If the original imagineers who designed the ride wanted on ride photo ops or thought they would be a good idea they would have put them into the initial design. changing it after the fact is ruining the original intent and artistry of the imagineers who created the attraction.

Miru

They can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 1. It would ding the integrity of the ride 2. It would provide Disney yet another source of price gouging their customers 3. That flash can be ridiculous, and if I was an epileptic, I wouldn't be able to ride Space Mountain.

Alrighty then, point taken.

sums it up nicely plus #4 IT WOULD BE TACKY AND LAME. If the original imagineers who designed the ride wanted on ride photo ops or thought they would be a good idea they would have put them into the initial design. changing it after the fact is ruining the original intent and artistry of the imagineers who created the attraction.

Yeah, I guess we should honor them by not adding that kind of flash effect. Better than how they haven’t rebuilt Mission to Mars, for example.

SirWillow

Except that the time the ride was built there weren't ANY rides anywhere that had on ride photos. The tech to do it didn't exist back then.

That's almost like arguing that if George Washington had thought it wise to make a video phone call to the king of England he would have done so.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Except that the time the ride was built there weren't ANY rides anywhere that had on ride photos. The tech to do it didn't exist back then.

That's almost like arguing that if George Washington had thought it wise to make a video phone call to the king of England he would have done so.
Photo technology existed back then.

SirWillow

Photo technology existed back then.

Automated cameras that could capture an image of a fast moving vehicle did not. Nor was there a way to transmit the photo electronically at the time- it was all film, not digital. So somehow you had to get a way to get the picture from the camera to a place to develop the film, and there would not have been a safe way to do that. Nor would there have been any way to develop that film, then print photos of it, in such a way that people would be able to see it getting off of the ride.

On ride photos really did not happen or exist until digital cameras began to appear, and that was in the late 1980's, with the first one being available to the public in 1990 and really not being practical until the mid to late 90's. Remember, the Matterhorn was opened in 1959. The designers had no thoughts or clues about on ride photos as there was absolutely no such thing, nor even any concept of any such thing, at the time it was built.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Automated cameras that could capture an image of a fast moving vehicle did not. Nor was there a way to transmit the photo electronically at the time- it was all film, not digital. So somehow you had to get a way to get the picture from the camera to a place to develop the film, and there would not have been a safe way to do that. Nor would there have been any way to develop that film, then print photos of it, in such a way that people would be able to see it getting off of the ride.

On ride photos really did not happen or exist until digital cameras began to appear, and that was in the late 1980's, with the first one being available to the public in 1990 and really not being practical until the mid to late 90's. Remember, the Matterhorn was opened in 1959. The designers had no thoughts or clues about on ride photos as there was absolutely no such thing, nor even any concept of any such thing, at the time it was built.
If they could make talking pirates and ghosts and parrots they could make on ride photos. they didnt and haven't in the decades since when 100% for sure the tech was available because it is a stupid idea not needed.

SuddenStorm

If they could make talking pirates and ghosts and parrots they could make on ride photos. they didnt and haven't in the decades since when 100% for sure the tech was available because it is a stupid idea not needed.

Look up how much film costs.... and film cameras.... and how dang expensive that stuff is to maintain.

Factor in the time it takes to develop film, and how many ride photos are not really worth buying.

The technology needed to make selling ride photos at all feasible didn't exist when Mansion or Pirates were created.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Look up how much film costs.... and film cameras.... and how dang expensive that stuff is to maintain.

Factor in the time it takes to develop film, and how many ride photos are not really worth buying.

The technology needed to make selling ride photos at all feasible didn't exist when Mansion or Pirates were created.
But it has since then and they have not done so because it is stupid is my point

Rich T

Honestly just curious.
How would an onride camera effect your experience?
Every additional on-ride photo setup cheapens the park, increases the Mickey-Just-Wants-Your-Money vibe and pushes DL further toward Carny territory. A few such setups are more than enough, and yes, some rides lend themselves to the concept. Mission Breakout is probably the best ride at DLR for the photo op--it fits the crazy atmosphere of the attraction.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD. We don't need any more ride photos. Enough's enough. Everyone just photographs the monitors without buying the photos anyway. :D

Miru

I have this cool idea for the Matterhorn if a version is ever made for another park, for example (or maybe even for a revamp). It would make the bobsleds work like actual bobsleds, turning it into more of a bobsled coaster. This allows for a variety of turns and twists as the bobsled moves along the track.

Phroobar

I have this cool idea for the Matterhorn if a version is ever made for another park, for example (or maybe even for a revamp). It would make the bobsleds work like actual bobsleds, turning it into more of a bobsled coaster. This allows for a variety of turns and twists as the bobsled moves along the track.
A bobsled coast relies on much larger tubes to move the coaster. It's almost like a raft water slide without the water. Those coasters aren't very fast or thrilling. I remember always feeling like we would get stuck on it since it didn't go very fast.

EP15_Schweiz_Bobbahn_02.jpg

The_Alpine_Bobsled_roller_coaster.jpg

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
A bobsled coast relies on much larger tubes to move the coaster. It's almost like a raft water slide without the water. Those coasters aren't very fast or thrilling. I remember always feeling like we would get stuck on it since it didn't go very fast.

EP15_Schweiz_Bobbahn_02.jpg

The_Alpine_Bobsled_roller_coaster.jpg

Do I smell a Frozen coaster?

planodisney

It would ruin it.
I know you feel it would ruin it, but I’m asking how?
The flash?
Aren’t there a few rides that you don’t even notice the picture spot?

Never mind. I read a response above that probably describes most people’s opinions who are against the on-ride photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom