Concerns about the Matterhorn...

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
as of last Sunday it was still just one track. It was pretty obvious where the patch had fallen on the other and it didn't look like there was any work going on. Not expecting it to be open anytime soon.
Every news report that came out clearly stated that rock never fell onto any track. The closure is due to them needing the space to work on it and perhaps make sure no other pieces from that area do fall on track. That piece that broke took years of water pounding on it. Honestly I'm surprised plaster in that area hasn't fallen sooner.

The mountain isn't falling apart. It was water damage. Erosion. They will fix it and life will move on.

lazyboy97o

Every news report that came out clearly stated that rock never fell onto any track. The closure is due to them needing the space to work on it and perhaps make sure no other pieces from that area do fall on track. That piece that broke took years of water pounding on it. Honestly I'm surprised plaster in that area hasn't fallen sooner.

The mountain isn't falling apart. It was water damage. Erosion. They will fix it and life will move on.
Building envelopes are not supposed to erode. Water intrusion is almost never isolated.

beachlover4444

I watch Fresh Baked alot on youtube because were going there for our first trip in 3 weeks and he seems to think there is big news about to break on matterhorn. on the disneyland website it shows it's down for refurb oct 21 to nov 1. i was excited because we go nov 5 but he cautioned me not to be too excited about it reopening. He said he cant go public yet with what he thinks he knows. Since it's our first trip and Autopia will be down while were there and Indiana is closed also I will be quite sad if we dont get to ride it before it could possibly be gone forever.

SuddenStorm

I watch Fresh Baked alot on youtube because were going there for our first trip in 3 weeks and he seems to think there is big news about to break on matterhorn. on the disneyland website it shows it's down for refurb oct 21 to nov 1. i was excited because we go nov 5 but he cautioned me not to be too excited about it reopening. He said he cant go public yet with what he thinks he knows. Since it's our first trip and Autopia will be down while were there and Indiana is closed also I will be quite sad if we dont get to ride it before it could possibly be gone forever.

Number one rule of watching Fresh baked..... Ignore every rumor they claim to know. They say a lot of nonsense in their videos.

beachlover4444

Number one rule of watching Fresh baked..... Ignore every rumor they claim to know. They say a lot of nonsense in their videos.
good to know. I just love seeing the park and hearing his thoughts to see if he is close at guessing or not but on this subject he seems to have a source but you know how that can be.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

Hope they check for mold.

Sharon&Susan

Don't tell anyone, but a Disney bus driver told me they're adding a loop to the Matterhorn.

VJ

"Insiders" from a few smaller forums and discords I'm part of. I put air quotes because I don't know if they're actual insiders or if it's the bus driver once more.

It's also why I'm not labeling this thread as a breaking rumor because this could all be bunk.
My uncle's friend's brother's uncle's uncle's uncle said that the Matterhorn has to close immediately and turn into a Frozen ride because they discovered there was a yeti infestation. It was confirmed. I don't know how true this is but considering the person I heard it from is Bob Iger, I think you should take it with a grain of salt. It's probably not true.

T.Will

Original Poster
My uncle's friend's brother's uncle's uncle's uncle said that the Matterhorn has to close immediately and turn into a Frozen ride because they discovered there was a yeti infestation. It was confirmed. I don't know how true this is but considering the person I heard it from is Bob Iger, I think you should take it with a grain of salt. It's probably not true.
How does he know my uncle?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom