Concept Art Help

Nland316

Original Poster
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask in, so forgive me if it isn’t.

I’ve been going crazy looking for a picture of this very specific piece of Disney concept online that I saw a while ago and was wondering if anyone would be able to recognize/link me to it if they know?

The rendering seems to take place in a queue of some sort, set in outer space. The environment itself seems to be inside of a spaceship with the focal point being a giant oval window looking out into space. The window is massive too with a few guests looking out into it.

I assumed it would belong to something like Space Mountain, Future World, or even the Sea pavilion. The artwork itself looks very reminiscent to a Tim Delaney style, but I’m having no luck in finding it.

Any points in the right direction would be super helpful!

kap91

I’ve been going crazy looking for a picture of this very specific piece of Disney concept online that I saw a while ago and was wondering if anyone would be able to recognize/link me to it if they know?

The rendering seems to take place in a queue of some sort, set in outer space. The environment itself seems to be inside of a spaceship with the focal point being a giant oval window looking out into space. The window is massive too with a few guests looking out into it.

I assumed it would belong to something like Space Mountain, Future World, or even the Sea pavilion. The artwork itself looks very reminiscent to a Tim Delaney style, but I’m having no luck in finding it.

Well a couple things come to mind

C6B741F6-A608-40D9-AAFD-321602E7AEDC.png

it could be the preshow for the Star Wars hotel.
245A98CD-3465-4740-865E-FEF703CA0F06.jpeg
245A98CD-3465-4740-865E-FEF703CA0F06.jpeg
6480BA0B-9B73-4A22-A898-6D89B98C2A11.jpeg

Or concept art for the space pavilion that evolved into Mission:Space

It could also be concept art to Journey into Imagination, or the space restaurant, or perhaps the space scenes of Horizons.

those are my initial guesses.

Mickeynerd17

Here are some that I know about that might fit that quota! I'm a big nut on Horizons and the Space Pavilion concepts that were proposed to replace it.

Here is one that sounds similar, but might not be exactly what your looking for.
1608135203223.png

This one I personally think is the closest to your description that hasn't already been mentioned yet in this thread:
1608135387443.png

Hope some of these help! If you want more information on the space pavilion, I highly recommend checking out this video on the history of Journeys in Space and Mission Space!

DlpPhantom

1608300534386.png
1608300514007.png

Here are a couple for DLP's Discovery Mountain they could be by Tim Delaney as he was the lead Imagineer on the project. Hope these help if I think of anything else it could be I'll reply again.
(Edit)
1608301238024.png

I found this art for Hong Kong Disneyland's Space Mountain boarding area which also fit your description and was also lead by Tim Delaney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom