Computer Error From Travel Agent makes hotel prices $.98!!!

LoriMistress

Original Poster
I saw this on my local news last night about a computer error from this travel agency for ALL Value and Moderate WDW resort hotel 98 CENTS and all Deluxe resorts were $1.38. So there were many people booking rooms and only paying $5-10 total for their room(s). I tried to find the articles from three different local news websites but I couldn't find anything.

Maybe someone knows exactly what I'm talking about and can post the article.

Man...if I found out at the right time about the Deluxe resorts being $1.38 per night, I would have booked a trip for ten days on the spot!!!

LouDisney

It was on the Today show this morning and it was Holiday Inn.
I would have loved to have known about this and only paid $10 for my stay. :D

Captain Hank

I saw an article about this somewhere (I'm looking it up now). It wasn't the WDW properties, but the Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Blvd. that was heavily damaged in the hurricanes, and it was $.93. They were re-booting up their reservation system, and apparently a few decimal points were misplaced. They're going to honor these prices, and in fact are putting out a special--stay for four nights, get the fifth for $.93.

LoriMistress

Original Poster
Thank you for the correction. And thank you for reassuring me that the media didn't "make it up." LOL :hammer:

nicholas

Captain Hank said:
and in fact are putting out a special--stay for four nights, get the fifth for $.93.

What a great attitude about the mix-up! Good for them for not only honoring the price mistake, but for using it to their advantage in marketing. :)

Pioneer Hall

That's nice of them to honor the prices, they don't have to do that. I remember about 2-3 years ago I went on the Disneyland website and they were having a glitch. I was quoted around 150 dollars for a week at the Grand Californian with the Deluxe-everything but mickey to tuck you in at night package. I booked, and was later told by Disney that there was a glitch and they could not honor the price (which I knew would happen, I booked with no intent of ever going).

iluvmybeast

im on the mailing list that they mentioned on the today show.. and yes, i booked 2 nights in november for 1.83 :lol: :sohappy:

i booked the deluxe room, with a view and balcony, 2 double beds and a sofa...

1disneydood

That's one time that I could actually warrant staying offsite. ;)

I can remember getting in on a glitch and having 5 gallon buckets of salt (for my aquariums) shipped free to my door. I picked up on 8. :lol: That ups guy must have hated me. :drevil: :D They weigh over 50 lbs each. :lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I work for the corporate parent company of Holiday Inn, Intercontinental Hotels Group, and our Orlando reservations office which books corporate hotels only in Orlando was slammed with phone calls and people cursing out reservations agents when we could honor their price at our hotel.

Interstate Hotels (the owner of that HI) did good as far as guest service went on that, but p*ssed off every other HI in Orlando, as well as their corporate office.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
mkt said:
I work for the corporate parent company of Holiday Inn, Intercontinental Hotels Group, and our Orlando reservations office which books corporate hotels only in Orlando .........
wow, i know who to PM if i have any ?'s about local orlando hotels off property and which has the best rate. cool job rob.

i can imagine that they were a little p*ssed off.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
we actually had someone physically come to the hotel where my office is at and start shouting at the poor desk clerks as to why we wouldn't honor their price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom