Complimentary Transportation Bus ever discontinued?

Pepper's Ghost

Law of diminishing returns. Not that Disney management are right-minded folks, but there are several reasons they should never even consider it, some of which has already been said in some form:
  1. Eliminating transportation to the parks would mean more people having rental cars to leave property and spend those precious dollars elsewhere. If you have a rental car, you might decide NOT to go over to Epcot in the evening for dinner, and go to a better restaurant off-property for considerably cheaper. I think that getting rid of Disney Express will also have this impact. They might not equate or recognize it, but there's zero doubt more folks will get rental cars which gives them other options.
  2. Eliminating transportation would add cost and travel-time to customers anyway, so why not just stay off-property in a nicer room/hotel for considerably less. Since you're not getting the cost-included transportation, may as well stay off property to decrease cost to offset the increase cost for rental car, parking, travel time, etc.
  3. Additional surcharges for transportation to/from parks, again, law of diminishing returns. I'm paying more, and more, and more to stay on property. Everything has a tipping point that pushes people away rather than filling Disney's coffers. Charge more, provide less. Eventually people will choose other options. Maybe they stay off property. Maybe these decide to go to Universal instead. Maybe they decide to buy a car instead of going to Disney, which they could use/enjoy for years rather than just a few days.
IMO, Disney has already done so much damage to push customers away. There's already a backlash by so many, but eventually it will be enough to vacate the parks. Once you push people away, it's hard to get them back due to the sour taste it leaves in the mouth. They might not turn away the once-every-10-years families, but those who attend annually or near-annually... eventually it just becomes too much and you lose those people for a long time, if not forever.

Last edited:

Introvert

The day they start to charge for bus transportation to the parks will be the day I sell my DVC and say good- bye to WDW. Just added up all the increases in prices from food , Genie + , souvenirs and incidentals I feel that I have adequately contributed to their losses in 2019/2020.

Deadphish

I'm wondering, with all the budget cuts within the park and services. Could it be possible for Disney to discontinued their bus services from resorts to parks? If I were to look at the graph's this would save so much money for the parks. I could see Disney selling this as:

You can take Uber's, there are endless Drive share app's nowadays!
Buses doesn't fit the needs of a COVID world.
You pay a ticket price to use the transportation bus. Like Lighting Lane, the Bus Ticket's could be a flat fee for daily entry to the park. Such as $15 per guest, daily.

Prior to 2020 and 2021, I would never thought this or consider it a possibility, but honestly, I wouldn't be surpised if Disney does make this decision.

Also, what are some awful ways Disney could do to make extra money? How about we pay a fee to enter a souvenir shop? This is a joke btw.
Eliminate the child prices. Everyone pays the same price for theme park admission and buffets, the adult one. No longer offer free admission for children under two, make the parents pay full price at the parks and buffets. Life begins at conception, therefore pregnant women will now have to pay twice

Pepper's Ghost

Eliminate the child prices. Everyone pays the same price for theme park admission and buffets, the adult one. No longer offer free admission for children under two, make the parents pay full price at the parks and buffets. Life begins at conception, therefore pregnant women will now have to pay twice
There's some good stuff in that there post. 🤣

Bpmorley

I highly doubt this could work. Uber and Lyft are already in low supply. The demand at the end of a day in the park would crush the system. Plus, less people would go. Now that they charge people to park at the resorts. So either way you would be getting hit in the wallet.

Club Cooloholic

But what about the people with cards that want to pay child prices at a buffet?

Archie123

I would usually not put anything past Disney when it comes to making some extra cash for something that is currently free but I would say that Disney will never directly charge for their transportation. Now could they start charging a resort fee and sneak it in that way...yes but they will never say they are actually charging for their busses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom