Trip Report **COMPLETED** We're 3 happy chappies, with snappy serapes. You'll find us beneath our sombreros! Sept 2018

*Record scratch* *Freeze frame*
tenor.gif

Yep, that's me. So you're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.

Long story short... I'm no longer at Disney World :cry: Kaitlyn and I returned home last Thursday and have been settling into our new place and finally only got wi-fi yesterday. For those of you who didn't get around to reading my pre-trip report, my friend Kaitlyn and I moved into our first apartment a couple weeks ago, just a few days before we left on our trip to Disney. She moved from Saskatchewan to my hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We have been to Disney together once before in April 2015 in celebration of our graduation from University (along with 2 other friends). Kaitlyn has been back once since then, and I have been back to the World a few times since, including my family trip in February which my sister @krause wrote about.

Here's a quick review:
Who: Myself (Emily) and my friend, Kaitlyn. Here we are with the Big Cheese himself.
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_413302986965.JPG

Now, you may be thinking, “she says there’s only two people on the trip, but her title references the 3 caballeros”. Not to worry! We’ll get to that.
What: Pure, unadulterated Disney fun!
When: Thursday, September 13, 2018 to Thursday, September 20, 2018
Where: B Resort and Spa (a Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel with EMH and bus system).
Why: For fun, mainly. It was also a great way to kick off our being roommates!
How: With determination and by emptying our wallets :hilarious:

Our travel day on September 13th started early. After finally falling asleep around midnight, we were up and at 'em at 3:40AM and in the taxi on the way to the airport by 4:10. We were very much looking forward to the change in weather.
IMG_8945.PNG
IMG_8947.PNG

Luckily, Winnipeg's airport is both small and near the centre of city so it only took us about 15 minutes to get there (we probably could have been there a minute earlier but had to stop for a skunk that was crossing the road! I really wish I had got a picture of this) and were through security by 4:48, through customs and at our gate by 5:15!
IMG_8948.JPG

IMG_8950.JPG

We made it to our layover in Minneapolis by about 8:00. Our flight to Orlando boarded and departed just after 9AM. And, finally, we landed in Orlando shortly after 1PM.
IMG_8953.JPG

Fonorail selfie!!
IMG_8955.JPG

Coming up: Our first-ever attempt at Uber… good or bad?

AKemily

Original Poster
Final thoughts

I actually can't believe I finished this thing. It's a miracle! I feel truly honoured to have had you all read along and join Kaitlyn and I on this adventure.
SpiritedJointAsiaticmouflon-size_restricted.gif

I have so many people ask me if, because I've been to Disney "so many times", I ever even experience anything new. With that in mind, here are all the new things I experienced this trip:
- The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History
- Dumbo
- Churro Sandwich
- Toy Story Land! and everything involved
- Beaches and Cream and the No Way Jose
- Mickey & Minnie in Hollywood Studios
- Kusafiri Bakery
- Up! Bird Show
- Dole Whip with Coconut Rum
- Satuli Canteen - actually sitting in, we mobile ordered in February but @krause picked up the food
- Sleepy Hollow Fruit & Nutella Waffle
- Casey's Corn Dog Nuggets
- Moana Meet & Greet
- Halloween version of Space Mountain
- Halloween version of Pirates
- The longest Epcot security line of all time
- Club Cool
- A few different food and drinks at the Food & Wine Festival
- Ample Hills
- The majority of Morocco
- The majority of France
- Baymax Meet & Greet
- Queue for Flight of Passage
- Pizzafari
- POFQ Beignets
- Flame Tree BBQ
- Kona Cafe and Tonga Toast
- Mailing postcards on Main Street
- Hall of Presidents
- Columbia Harbour House

I think that's pretty good! And that's probably not an exhaustive list. I'm gonna have to pull this up next time someone says that to me.

Here are the things we never got around to doing that I regret a little bit:
- MILF :hilarious:
- Toy Story Land at nighttime
- Living with the Land
- Test Track

Ummmm that might be it. There were definitely other things that we didn't get around to doing but those are probably the ones I feel the saddest about missing. That being said, I'm not devastated about any of those :p Probably Toy Story Land at night is the thing I'm saddest about, and that's just because I haven't experienced it before.

Overall, it was a fantastic trip that did include a lot of firsts for both Kaitlyn and I and we had a lot of fun! I asked Kaitlyn if she had any final thoughts and she said that all she knows is that she'd like to go at Halloween again! We certainly had a lot of fun at the party. We would potentially plan for lighter/cooler costumes next time! Although last time I went to the Halloween party it was in October and not nearly as hot! Lately I've been feeling like I have to go at Christmas again (not on Christmas, obviously, but in November or early December)! The decorations are just beautiful. Anyway, we'll see.

I am sad to say that I do not have another trip planned. I am going to Mexico this winter so who knows when I'll get back to Disney. Kaitlyn has a trip with her parents planned for early 2020, which I may join them on. I don't typically plan my life out that far in advance so I haven't confirmed 100% yet haha. But who knows!

Until next time, folks!
giphy.gif

krisri18

Now, if you've been paying shockingly close attention to this trip report you'll have noticed that one very important ride has been missing from this trip report. The reason being? Kaitlyn hates it. With such a passionate loathing that I don't think I'll ever truly understand it. However, I told her every day we were there that I was not leaving Florida without riding it. In fact, as much as she refused to go on it, I NEEDED to go on it. She finally agreed that this was the time. So I hopped in line by myself.
View attachment 332529
How can you hate the happiest cruise that ever sailed?!?
View attachment 332530
View attachment 332531
The ducks are my second favourite thing, right after...
View attachment 332532
the hippo with the lazy eye!:joyfull:
View attachment 332533
View attachment 332534

I sent the following picture to my family, telling them how I was riding this alone. I had the row to myself but I'm pretty sure the people behind me thought I was crazy :hilarious:
View attachment 332535
View attachment 332536

Hey, that's me!
View attachment 332537

Hey, that's me again (and somehow even blurrier than the first one)!
View attachment 332539
If it helps, it's not just Kaitlyn who hates it. P hates Small World with such a passion that he wanted me to skip it on my October trip (he wasn't even with me) for fear that our unborn baby would be traumatized in utero. Lol needless to say, I rode it twice, baby was dancing around and still does if I play the song in the car or hold my phone to my belly!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Small update: the temperature dropped where I live overnight and it is currently -31 with wind chill (that's -24F). :cold: Currently wishing I could be escaping the September Floridian heat in Hall of Presidents:joyfull: Heck, I would even take the December Floridian heat.

Dang that’s cold. We don’t get that cold here... until maybe late Jan or Feb. I can’t imagine it starting this early in the winter. Warm thoughts your way!🌴

Great trip report! I enjoyed reading along.

Songbird76

We took the ferry back to the TTC that night. We sat at the end of the boat so we could watch as we sailed away from the Magic Kingdom.:cry: It always makes my heart hurt a little bit, but I have to do it.
View attachment 332578
View attachment 332579
View attachment 332580
View attachment 332581
View attachment 332582

We were on the bus back to the resort by 11:20 that night. I'm sure we got back around midnight. And about 4 hours later we were waking up to get to the airport. Worth it! I have to say though, our Ubers really bookended our trip well. On the way there we had fun pop music and on the way back to the airport our driver was playing very sad music, including but not limited to Total Eclipse of the Heart. :hilarious:

Back on the fonorail.
View attachment 332583

It became immediately clear that we were not in Disney anymore with the service we received at the Orlando and Minneapolis airports. In Orlando, I had possibly the slowest person ever working the breakfast line. All I wanted was a breakfast sandwich and it probably took 40 minutes. She literally got every. single. order. wrong. She would read the receipt and then put the wrong thing in the bag. Every time. And then when we got to Minneapolis I went and got a coffee order and I ordered a coffee frappe and when the girl gave me just black coffee I told her that's not what I ordered and she vehemently disagreed and blatantly told me I was wrong. Well, alright then. Good thing I like black coffee.:rolleyes: (To be fair, that is what she charged me for).

*Sigh*, if only all service could be like Disney service.

Final thoughts on our last MK day?
It was amazing, as always! As the trip gets further away, it is getting harder to remember my impressions from each day. I'm looking back at my notes and see I forgot to mention that Kaitlyn bought and mailed some postcards from Main Street. They had a cool Magic Kingdom ink stamp (in addition to postage stamps) at the store there too. It was really neat! I wish they had sold those ink stamps. It was also nice to go try Kona Cafe for the first time. I liked having the evening EMH even if it meant getting pretty much no sleep that next night:hilarious: It's just fun to get a couple more hours in the park with fewer people there, and not have to get up extra early for it. Anyways, here's our stats from the day:

View attachment 332584

Coming up: Final thoughts on our trip
I have learned to always watch the screen while I'm ordering to make sure they enter it correctly, because inevitably, people will hear me incorrectly, or assume they couldn't have understood it right, and I can catch it BEFORE they fill the order. And then I check the food BEFORE I go sit down to make sure what was entered is actually what's in the bag. I can't tell you how many times we've had to go back up to the counter because we got the wrong thing. One time, at McDonald's, my husband ordered a breakfast sandwich with sausage, while DD and I had ours with bacon. It was just before they stopped serving breakfast (they only serve breakfast till 11 here. :( But they used to not have breakfast at all, so we're headed in the right direction at least) So we knew we were on the tail end, but we ordered before 11, so they still had to serve us. We got the bacon ones, but they told us they were making sausage, they'd bring it to us when it was done. We went and sat.....and sat.....and sat. DD and I and DS were long done and DH still didn't have his, and we were the only people there when we got there. We watched several other people come in and order....and then we watched one get a breakfast sandwich with sausage....hey....where's ours? So I go up and I ask how long it's going to be on that sausage sandwich, and the girl told me they weren't serving breakfast anymore. I'm like....we ordered it 20 minutes ago when you were still serving breakfast. She says they are out of sausage. I point out that those people over there, who came in LONG after we ordered, got theirs with sausage while we were still waiting for ours. Finally a manager came over to see what the problem was, and she looked...they had completely forgotten we were there and were still waiting for food. They finally did get him his sandwich, but I feel like they owed us some free drinks, or something. Now when they say they'll bring it to us when it's ready, we say "We'll wait here, thanks." They can't forget about you when you are standing there looking at them.

Last edited:

AKemily

Original Poster
If it helps, it's not just Kaitlyn who hates it. P hates Small World with such a passion that he wanted me to skip it on my October trip (he wasn't even with me) for fear that our unborn baby would be traumatized in utero. Lol needless to say, I rode it twice, baby was dancing around and still does if I play the song in the car or hold my phone to my belly!
Hahaha I'm sorry P doesn't enjoy the ride but glad your baby seems to love it! They're a Disney kid before they're even born! I love it:joyfull:
Dang that’s cold. We don’t get that cold here... until maybe late Jan or Feb. I can’t imagine it starting this early in the winter. Warm thoughts your way!🌴

Great trip report! I enjoyed reading along.
Yes, it is freezing! Luckily, we have some warmer weather coming our way this week (hovering around the -1 Celsius mark so practically balmy!:hilarious:) Thanks for reading!
I have learned to always watch the screen while I'm ordering to make sure they enter it correctly, because inevitably, people will hear me incorrectly, or assume they couldn't have understood it right, and I can catch it BEFORE they fill the order. And then I check the food BEFORE I go sit down to make sure what was entered is actually what's in the bag. I can't tell you how many times we've had to go back up to the counter because we got the wrong thing. One time, at McDonald's, my husband ordered a breakfast sandwich with sausage, while DD and I had ours with bacon. It was just before they stopped serving breakfast (they only serve breakfast till 11 here. :( But they used to not have breakfast at all, so we're headed in the right direction at least) So we knew we were on the tale end, but we ordered before 11, so they still had to serve us. We got the bacon ones, but they told us they were making sausage, they'd bring it to us when it was done. We went and sat.....and sat.....and sat. DD and I and DS were long done and DH still didn't have his, and we were the only people there when we got there. We watched several other people come in and order....and then we watched one get a breakfast sandwich with sausage....hey....where's ours? So I go up and I ask how long it's going to be on that sausage sandwich, and the girl told me they weren't serving breakfast anymore. I'm like....we ordered it 20 minutes ago when you were still serving breakfast. She says they are out of sausage. I point out that those people over there, who came in LONG after we ordered, got theirs with sausage while we were still waiting for ours. Finally a manager came over to see what the problem was, and she looked...they had completely forgotten we were there and were still waiting for food. They finally did get him his sandwich, but I feel like they owed us some free drinks, or something. Now when they say they'll bring it to us when it's ready, we say "We'll wait here, thanks." They can't forget about you when you are standing there looking at them.
Yikes, talk about bad service! We did it by mobile order so I know it wasn't entered wrong and thankfully I noticed before I even made it back to our table, but that kind of thing can definitely be annoying! Especially if it happens all the time!
You guys look so fun to travel with! I loved your report, thank you!
Well, thank you! I appreciate you reading along!:happy:

riverside

Your family must not realize what they're missing! One day E may be glad you recorded these memories of your trips with her and J! On that note, have you booked another trip yet?:happy:
Awwww--thanks!! Speaking of--I better get back to wrapping mine up!!
I think it will be neat for me to go back a few years from now to read them myself but I think it would be pretty cool for J to read them & see what his reaction is to them!! Heck, I can't remember what I did yesterday so in a way doing the TR's help to preserve the memories. I bet E would enjoy it too--esp. since J is her son & he plays a big part in our trips.
Unfortunately I have not. E & I were talking the other day about going next month & I told her I'd start playing around with the airfare & room rates. I haven't gotten around to it b/c I've been so busy with work & preparing for Christmas. Hopefully I will get to it in the next few days!!

Rista1313

Awwww--thanks!! Speaking of--I better get back to wrapping mine up!!
I think it will be neat for me to go back a few years from now to read them myself but I think it would be pretty cool for J to read them & see what his reaction is to them!! Heck, I can't remember what I did yesterday so in a way doing the TR's help to preserve the memories. I bet E would enjoy it too--esp. since J is her son & he plays a big part in our trips.
Unfortunately I have not. E & I were talking the other day about going next month & I told her I'd start playing around with the airfare & room rates. I haven't gotten around to it b/c I've been so busy with work & preparing for Christmas. Hopefully I will get to it in the next few days!!

I like going back and reading mine when i have the lack of vacation blues...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom