Trip Report **COMPLETED** The trip that almost didn't happen (thanks to Baltimore)

Hey everyone!
We got back about a week ago now from a short trip. I debated about even writing a TR but I have a bunch of photos so why not?

Who?
The usual...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_9478.JPG

Where?
The Boardwalk :)
I stole this photo off the internet - for some reason I did not take any daylight photos of the Boardwalk
P23682_EXT_ZEF253.JPG

When?
November 15-18, 2018

Why?
No reason other than we wanted to attend a Christmas Party and I was able to shuffle a few hours around so I could miss a Friday of work (since I only work 4 hours on Fridays anyway)

Day 1 November 15, 2018
I had to work my usual Thursday and thankfully got out on time so I could get to my parent's house and get ready to head to the airport.
IMG_7357.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

I was a little stressed out because there was a storm approaching Buffalo and it was supposed to hit right at the time our flight took off. Before we left for the airport it was already delayed 15 minutes but that did not seem too bad so we headed to the airport and of course got there in no time. The Southwest counter was actually quite crowded but we still breezed through security.
We stopped to get something to eat at the Anchor Bar
isBrFZskTJGG2lidp8MkgA.jpg

We split our usual appetizer platter of wings, boneless wings, and regular wings with a side of fries (because apparently the rest of it was not fatty enough...)
DCAf9e3wQmKYFkg5AM0EwQ.jpg

Ga4LPCDCTyCJfMrjtXqmMw.jpg

Our food was fine but I was starting to get so stressed out because nearly everyone around us had their flights canceled or super delayed. It was a bit odd because it wasn't super bad in Buffalo but it must have been bad everywhere else.
We went and sat at our gate and our flight was delayed by 30 minutes at this point so we decided to get a sugary snack to kill some time.
We actually thought this snack was turtle chocolates and it was popcorn :joyfull:
QHRhqsm+RTyaowutK9g4pQ.jpg

Next up: more airport drama

Last edited:

BrerWayne

Day 3 continued
Christmas cup!
View attachment 331450
My Mom got a drink for us to share called Tilt-a-Whirl (Absolut Citron Vodka, Chambord, and Lemonade)
View attachment 331451
View attachment 331452
It was not as good as we thought it would be and my Mom ended up knocking it over by accident anyway so we barely drank it :joyfull:
After our pool time we got dressed so that we could head to Epcot
But first, some random Boardwalk photos
View attachment 331454

View attachment 331456
View attachment 331457
View attachment 331458
View attachment 331459
View attachment 331459
View attachment 331460

Next up: more randomness
Hi Doc! I have followed a couple of your trip reports. Yhey are so well done. I have always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk since it was first built but never got the opportunity. I want to take te family again in 2020. Just curious since you have obviously been to the World once or twice, what was you impression of Boardwalk? How did it compare to other resorts you stayed at? Would you stay there again? Thanks in advance!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thank you! I'm mentally preparing myself for NYE - even just packed a book under the assumption that the crowds will get to me and we will be spending a lot of time at the resort :hilarious:

I’m doing the same thing!! Hopefully it won’t be to bad but either way it’s Disney!! I’ll have to keep an eye out for you after reading your past few trip reports! Where are y’all staying next trip?[/QUOTE]

We are staying at the Contemporary :) Wanted to be close to MK so we could walk home

Great trip report. Just missed you. We left on 15th!

Aww bummer!!! Thank you for reading !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So sorry we didn’t get to meet again but it looked like you had a great trip.

Thanks - I'm sorry we missed each other too!

Hi Doc! I have followed a couple of your trip reports. Yhey are so well done. I have always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk since it was first built but never got the opportunity. I want to take te family again in 2020. Just curious since you have obviously been to the World once or twice, what was you impression of Boardwalk? How did it compare to other resorts you stayed at? Would you stay there again? Thanks in advance!

Hi! Thanks for reading! This was our second time staying at the Boardwalk. We love how close it is to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. What we don't love is no true quick service for breakfast/lunch. I think that is the only downside. Otherwise we love the pool and the feel of the whole resort :)

BrerWayne

Thanks - I'm sorry we missed each other too!

Hi! Thanks for reading! This was our second time staying at the Boardwalk. We love how close it is to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. What we don't love is no true quick service for breakfast/lunch. I think that is the only downside. Otherwise we love the pool and the feel of the whole resort :)
Thanks for responding. Yeah, with two kids no quick service would make life tough. Thanks for responding and not making fun of my typos. I hope you do a trip report for your next trip!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Enjoyed reading your TR! Didn't you say that you are going back for New Years?

Thank you! And yes I will be there for NYE :)

Thanks for responding. Yeah, with two kids no quick service would make life tough. Thanks for responding and not making fun of my typos. I hope you do a trip report for your next trip!

Honestly did not even notice typos :joyfull: You are welcome! Yes with kiddos I do not think Boardwalk is necessarily the best option

monykalyn

I’ve been MIA as we are taking a break from Disney for a few years (or so I thought - oldest dd is now talking about applying for her THIRD college program next summer).

Lovely pictures and how fun to do a trip for a Christmas party!! We enjoyed Spice Road this past June (illuminations viewing). But yeah- probably not a repeat anytime soon.

And a POG mimosa:oops::hungry: yum!

And have fun on NYE. Did that last year and froze-at least this year will be warm! Feels like nearly 90 today- we are here at Universal. Like how Universal decorates every corner of both parks! Unfortunately not staying for New Years-leaving tomorrow (back to 30 degree weather :cry:)

Safe travels!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Hi Megan! Loved your TR. I really hope to get to MVMCP someday. They look like lots of fun. Hope you have fun on your NYE trip!

MVMCP should definitely be on your list its really nice :)

I’ve been MIA as we are taking a break from Disney for a few years (or so I thought - oldest dd is now talking about applying for her THIRD college program next summer).

Lovely pictures and how fun to do a trip for a Christmas party!! We enjoyed Spice Road this past June (illuminations viewing). But yeah- probably not a repeat anytime soon.

And a POG mimosa:oops::hungry: yum!

And have fun on NYE. Did that last year and froze-at least this year will be warm! Feels like nearly 90 today- we are here at Universal. Like how Universal decorates every corner of both parks! Unfortunately not staying for New Years-leaving tomorrow (back to 30 degree weather :cry:)

Safe travels!

Aww I just saw this! But thank you for reading :) And the POG mimosa was delightful!

wild01ride

Hey! I love your TR’s, detail and all the fun you put into them!
Just coming to the defense (?) of Boardwalk as a passionate DVC owner there:
As far as the “quick service”, Boardwalk has the Belle Vue Lounge (on the Inn side) which, admittedly offers a limited selection of coffee, made to order coffee drinks and limited pastries. In addition, The Boardwalk Bakery is my take on their “quick service” option. While, yes, it is physically outside of the lobby of the resort, it offers, what I would say is the equivalent of the quick service at other resorts. It isn’t the “pick things up individually by hand and take them to the register” kind of place like some resorts but my feeling is that it offers the same options as other resorts: kids meals with kids side choices, pastries, breakfast sandwiches and lunch sandwiches, desserts, all matter of drinks, etc., etc.
Proximity-wise, I feel like it is no different than , for example, The Mara at AKL or other similar resorts.
For sure, the format is different than some of the other resorts but I wouldn’t say that it would be a reason to NOT take kids to the resort.
Just sayin! 😉

Anyhow, keep up the great sagas!
Following along always!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Hey! I love your TR’s, detail and all the fun you put into them!
Just coming to the defense (?) of Boardwalk as a passionate DVC owner there:
As far as the “quick service”, Boardwalk has the Belle Vue Lounge (on the Inn side) which, admittedly offers a limited selection of coffee, made to order coffee drinks and limited pastries. In addition, The Boardwalk Bakery is my take on their “quick service” option. While, yes, it is physically outside of the lobby of the resort, it offers, what I would say is the equivalent of the quick service at other resorts. It isn’t the “pick things up individually by hand and take them to the register” kind of place like some resorts but my feeling is that it offers the same options as other resorts: kids meals with kids side choices, pastries, breakfast sandwiches and lunch sandwiches, desserts, all matter of drinks, etc., etc.
Proximity-wise, I feel like it is no different than , for example, The Mara at AKL or other similar resorts.
For sure, the format is different than some of the other resorts but I wouldn’t say that it would be a reason to NOT take kids to the resort.
Just sayin! 😉

Anyhow, keep up the great sagas!
Following along always!

Oh yea I agree the Bakery is super close and convenient. I guess we are just used to the full menu of the other resorts that offer more than just pastries or egg sandwiches (not a big egg fan these days) :) I always just think about my nephew who loves Mickey waffles for breakfast and Mac and cheese for lunch which the Bakery does not offer (he would by no means eat the turkey sandwich which is their kids meal :hilarious: ). I don't think my sister would take him to a resort without a full food court to sit in just based on his age but definitely when he is older. I love the Boardwalk and I think my nephew would adore the pool and all the space there is to run outside!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom