Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Princess Half Marathon: Training Not Required but Strongly Encouraged

Hey everyone - we got back last night and usually I would wait to write a trip report, but I have a few work trips coming up so this may take me awhile to finish :) So---here we go!

Who?
The usuals - my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan) PLUS a special guest appearance - my sister Jill!
The last time just the 3 of us went to Disney was way back in 2017
All my actual photos from that trip are on my other computer so here is a selfie I found :)
file-183.jpg

When?
February 22-29, 2020

Where?
The Yacht Club (again :hilarious: ) - we stayed Club Level because it was the only room I could find. Not that I am complaining !
IMG_7991.jpg

Why?
Well as the title indicates we were down there to run the Princess Half Marathon. My Mom and I signed up after @sheriffwoody and some other people talked me into it :hilarious:. It really did not take much convincing - we haven't run a half since 2016 and I was looking to do another one. As soon as we found out it was Cinderella themed (my favorite Princess) we were sold. Well....a few weeks later Jill texted us to let us know she signed up for it too!
Full disclaimer - races make me very nervous and post - race makes me very lazy. That being said, I did not use my actual camera a lot this trip so most of my photos are from my iPhone because it was more convenient and my photos from the first day are lacking due to my nerves.

The Title ?
Well...some of us actually trained for the Half and some of us did not (**cough Jill cough**).
Jill was not sure if she was actually going to run so it was a game time decision.

Day 1 February 22, 2020
My Mom and I stayed at a hotel across from the Airport just to save a little time/ get more sleep.
Here we are soaking our feet in the hot tub at the airport hotel (hoping it would make us run faster :hilarious: )
DVLtcvPFRoeSJz%5HhTtAA.jpg

We got up at 3:30 am (at least it's better than 3 am if we were at home ?) and got ready to head across the street.
We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened.
We waited by the kiosks while a giant line of people waited to check in at the counter. Guess who was checked in before all of those people :hilarious::hilarious::happy:
pliq1SZ0SImG8gRLKqGxYg.jpg

Jill got to the airport right around the time the counter opened :)
We all got through security very quickly and then grabbed some bagels for breakfast and a bear claw (for Jill)
xYxp3YTyT%mDriuHWOdJNA.jpg

She said she's sorry for taking a bite before the photo :)
2I56auKKRLWviceet1rknQ.jpg

Usual dates sign - I have no idea why we continue to take these photos other than my Mom makes us :)
Jill was making this face because she was not sure she was going to run.
DSC_0340.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0342.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

Next up: more traveling

slipperalwaysfits

She said she's sorry for taking a bite before the photo

I make my family apologize for bites before photos, too. :banghead::facepalm:

Usual dates sign - I have no idea why we continue to take these photos other than my Mom makes us :)
Jill was making this face because she was not sure she was going to run
SEVEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :geek: :geek: :geek: Also, I LOVE the pic from 2017 of the Shamrock shirts, those are adorable!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yay! So glad to find a new @Doc Disney TR! Can't wait to read all about the Princess Half. I would love to do another runDisney race some day! Following!

I feel like Run Disney is a major addiction :)

I make my family apologize for bites before photos, too. :banghead::facepalm:

SEVEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :geek: :geek: :geek: Also, I LOVE the pic from 2017 of the Shamrock shirts, those are adorable!

Thanks :) I know we were very lucky with this long this trip!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following along. I’m a runDisney addict now after my first races in January.

Oh my - I'm so addicted to Run Disney !!

YAY! Welcome home to snowy/cold Buffalo! ....wait...that was Saturday. Today it is a balmy 45. What is it with this weather? Excited for the adventure! :)

Funny - I was cold in Florida when it was like 62 and this morning I was like what the heck its so hot out haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom