Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Princess 10K (and other adventures) !

Hello everyone! We got back from Disney World yesterday and it is very cold here (and slightly depressing) so I am going to start my trip report right away!

Who?
The usuals - my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan) - some people refer to us as the M and M's :)

Where?
Wilderness Lodge :)

When?
February 22 - 27, 2019

Why?
Well - as the title implies we went down for the Princess 10K! It was originally supposed to be both of my sisters and us but for various reasons it ended up being just the two of us :)

Day 1 February 22, 2019
Since our flight was scheduled for very early in the morning my Mom and I decided to stay at a hotel across the street from the airport. We did this once before thinking it was a good idea and again it was not. Any sleep we hoped to save by staying closer was lost due to horrible beds and loud other guests :oops:
In any case, we dragged ourselves out of bed at 3:30 AM and got ready for the airport. The breakfast at the hotel did open at 4 AM so we checked it out but there was nothing good so decided to just head on over to the airport.
We look super duper awake...

Anyway, at the airport we had some bagels then headed to our gate.
(oops sorry accidentally hit post before finishing this post)

About 10 minutes before we were supposed to board we noticed that the time for our departure changed by like 15 minutes. I did not think much of it until they made an announcement that all the computers systemwide at Southwest went down and they could not tell us when we would actually leave and could not board because they could not get a accurate weight of the plane without the computer.

I was beyond frustrated at this point as we have had many issues in the last several months with Southwest and delayed flights. Overall we were only delayed by an hour but it was still pretty annoying. This is also like the third time in two months that Southwest's computers went down . It actually happened the night before too and they canceled over 400 flights due to this and/or weather. The flight attendants more than made up for it though with their charm and witty jokes (one especially good one about Tom Brady which naturally an entire plane of Buffalo people loved).
Anyway, our flight was fairly fast which was good. I think we watched a bit of Netflix :)

FONORAIL!

Then, the usual picture...(don't worry we did not travel from freezing Buffalo in shorts we changed in the airport to help save some/aka make up some time).

Next up: some Expo fun

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We stopped for another PP picture after this

Then we actually went on Aerosmith :hilarious:
A light for you...

After our ride we headed over towards our next FP: Indiana Jones. We haven't seen the show in years so I figured we should see it again just in case it does get cut eventually.
I tried to get a picture of Gertie blowing smoke out of her nose - you can kind of see it

Waiting for the show is when my Mom and I were really debating about half marathon vs. 10K after seeing everyone with their medals. As I said we still don't know what we would prefer but we did decide we think we would like to run again next year.
Apparently I did not take any photos of the show but it was good. I feel like I missed the entire end though as I was distracted by a kiddo who got sick :hungover:
At some point we ran into the Storm Troopers

After this we headed over to Toy Story Land

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
These 30th Anniversary banners are so cute and they are different depending on what area it is.
I got my Mom a slinky dog MB which matched the poster :joyfull:

We popped into the new Incredibles area briefly

Then we wandered around the Chinese Theatre

Still wandering

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued

This clothesline is so cute - it's in the Muppets gift shop :)

Anyway we finally made our way over to Mama Melrose's for dinner

We had a super short wait before we were seated. I feel like they are usually running behind but not today!
We were seated at a nice table for 4 so we could spread out

Our lights obsession actually started at Mama Melrose's...

I wish I could remember our waitress' name but she was fantastic! We chatted about how they took the strip steak off the menu. She said that happened because they got a new chef and they tried to tell him how many people love it but he wanted to try new steaks. She laughed and said they lasted all of 2 weeks without the strip steak :hilarious: And, she said it shall always remain on the menu.
Of course that is what I ordered, but first bread

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Strip steak

Spaghetti and meatballs for my Mom

Then we decided to eat some dessert
My Mom had a cheesecake and I had the chocolate and cherry tort

As usual everything was fantastic. P.S. this is the first of 3 Italian dinners we eat in a row :joyfull:
My Mom made me take this photo on the way out but everyone was looking at us so we were laughing and it is blurry :)

We had yet to see Toy Story Land in the dark (just dusk) so we headed over there to see it

It is so pretty at night!

We intended on taking more photos but noticed Slinky Dog was posted as only a 30 minute wait ....what?!?! Naturally we hopped in line!

Next up: more SDD

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
The attention to detail is incredible - I love how you see where Andy started peeling off stickers

We were in line with this fellow Mom and daughter duo (of a younger sort) and the daughter could not contain her excitement when we said it was our first time riding at night. She said it was her favorite time to ride it!
Our wait was only 25 minutes!

Oh my gosh and she was right! It was somehow even better at night and we had an absolute blast. For me it was one of those moments where I could not wipe the smile off my face! Disney is so magical sometimes - I wish I could bottle it up and take it home or share it with people who don't understand why I go to Disney so often !

Anyway, we somehow missed the memo that we got in line for Slinky Dog right around park closing time (hence the short wait). There was still Fantasmic going on and the fireworks were starting soon, though, so we escaped before the crowds.

Something in me could not tolerate a bus ride home (or the walk to it...sore legs from running) especially when a bunch of people were about to exit the park so we took a Minnie Van home!

Then it was off to bed!

Next up: Epcot!

LisaBelle

Your Mama Melrose pictures are making me hungry! That steak is my favorite Disney meal. I haven't seen Toy Story Land at night yet. Hopefully I will get to do that during a future trip. It looks so pretty.

Kiwiduck

Day 3 continued
View attachment 357000
View attachment 357003
This clothesline is so cute - it's in the Muppets gift shop :)
View attachment 357002
Anyway we finally made our way over to Mama Melrose's for dinner
View attachment 357005
We had a super short wait before we were seated. I feel like they are usually running behind but not today!
We were seated at a nice table for 4 so we could spread out
View attachment 357008
View attachment 357009
Our lights obsession actually started at Mama Melrose's...
View attachment 357010
I wish I could remember our waitress' name but she was fantastic! We chatted about how they took the strip steak off the menu. She said that happened because they got a new chef and they tried to tell him how many people love it but he wanted to try new steaks. She laughed and said they lasted all of 2 weeks without the strip steak :hilarious: And, she said it shall always remain on the menu.
Of course that is what I ordered, but first bread
View attachment 357013
View attachment 357014

I'm still raging that my visit to Mama Melrose fell in the two week period that they decided to remove the strip steak!!!:mad::mad:

Dory71

Loving the trip report. We were there that weekend also. Too bad I didn't run into you. It was so hot for February but we still had a terrific time.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Your Mama Melrose pictures are making me hungry! That steak is my favorite Disney meal. I haven't seen Toy Story Land at night yet. Hopefully I will get to do that during a future trip. It looks so pretty.

Pictures do not do it justice it is so pretty at night! Mama Melrose's is one of my favorites as well

I'm still raging that my visit to Mama Melrose fell in the two week period that they decided to remove the strip steak!!!:mad::mad:

UGH! That's awful!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm all for chefs trying to inject new items to freshen up a menu, but if something is that popular, don't mess with it.

Right? That was the waitress' point for sure she said it was a mess when it was gone

Loving the trip report. We were there that weekend also. Too bad I didn't run into you. It was so hot for February but we still had a terrific time.

Aw really ? Bummer we did not run into each other ! It was super warm!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 February 25, 2019
We got up around 7 am, got ready and headed to breakfast at Roaring Fork. We were not in the mood for anything prepared food wise so we went with a chocolate croissant and a hazelnut chocolate glaze something something donut.

We ate a banana each as well to balance it out :hilarious:

I am actually not sure why I even picked out the donut as I typically do not like them - but it was good!
Anyway, we finished up and headed to the bus stop so we could head to Epcot after this

We stopped for a PP picture right away

Then we headed to Starbucks :)
It was SO empty inside - I feel like even right around the time the park opens it's still usually packed

I actually started to get a migraine right around this time so we just sat outside in the sun for a bit so I could get some caffeine in me.

Next up: more Epcot

Songbird76

Day 3 February 24, 2019
We slept in until 7 am which after two days in a row of getting up somewhere around 3 am was glorious !
We had afternoon plans this day so we decided to get some brunch at Trails End. IMO Trails End is super underrated. We were going to eat there at a later date this trip but remembered it was brunch on the weekends so moved it to this day 😋
View attachment 356122
We took the boat over to Fort Wilderness :)
View attachment 356123
View attachment 356124
When we got off the boat at the FW a man jokingly said "you got done touring MK already ?!" :joyfull:
We had some time before our reservation so we wandered around a bit
View attachment 356137
View attachment 356147
View attachment 356148
View attachment 356150
View attachment 356151
View attachment 356152
View attachment 356153

Next up: more FW
I love your top!! So cute!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We wandered around a bit on our way to our next FP

Here we come Frozen Ever After !

:hilarious: our ride photo though

We did get quite a bit wet as usual it seems.
Anyway I took another excederin and finally my migraine started to improve so I was a bit hungry.
I wanted to try some Festival of the Arts food so we stopped to get my Mom some lunch first (this is how we survive festivals since she never really wants to try the food :joyfull: ).
La Cantina - kids cheese empanadas and nachos

My Mom said it was delicious as usual.
Our first stop was Pop Arts
Here we got the Almond Frangipane Cake layered with Raspberry Jam and Callebaut Belgian Chocolate

This is how my Mom wanted to pose for this photo :happy:

Next up: more Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom