Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Princess 10K (and other adventures) !

Hello everyone! We got back from Disney World yesterday and it is very cold here (and slightly depressing) so I am going to start my trip report right away!

Who?
The usuals - my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan) - some people refer to us as the M and M's :)

Where?
Wilderness Lodge :)

When?
February 22 - 27, 2019

Why?
Well - as the title implies we went down for the Princess 10K! It was originally supposed to be both of my sisters and us but for various reasons it ended up being just the two of us :)

Day 1 February 22, 2019
Since our flight was scheduled for very early in the morning my Mom and I decided to stay at a hotel across the street from the airport. We did this once before thinking it was a good idea and again it was not. Any sleep we hoped to save by staying closer was lost due to horrible beds and loud other guests :oops:
In any case, we dragged ourselves out of bed at 3:30 AM and got ready for the airport. The breakfast at the hotel did open at 4 AM so we checked it out but there was nothing good so decided to just head on over to the airport.
We look super duper awake...

Anyway, at the airport we had some bagels then headed to our gate.
(oops sorry accidentally hit post before finishing this post)

About 10 minutes before we were supposed to board we noticed that the time for our departure changed by like 15 minutes. I did not think much of it until they made an announcement that all the computers systemwide at Southwest went down and they could not tell us when we would actually leave and could not board because they could not get a accurate weight of the plane without the computer.

I was beyond frustrated at this point as we have had many issues in the last several months with Southwest and delayed flights. Overall we were only delayed by an hour but it was still pretty annoying. This is also like the third time in two months that Southwest's computers went down . It actually happened the night before too and they canceled over 400 flights due to this and/or weather. The flight attendants more than made up for it though with their charm and witty jokes (one especially good one about Tom Brady which naturally an entire plane of Buffalo people loved).
Anyway, our flight was fairly fast which was good. I think we watched a bit of Netflix :)

FONORAIL!

Then, the usual picture...(don't worry we did not travel from freezing Buffalo in shorts we changed in the airport to help save some/aka make up some time).

Next up: some Expo fun

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Some construction photos from the Peoplemover

Just a random photo...

After this we went on the Carousel of Progress ... as much as I love this I was so tired at this point I think I almost fell asleep :joyfull:

Finally it was time for our last FP....to meet Mickey and Minnie! I was excited to see them in their birthday outfits!

They look adorable in their outfits! I still don't understand why its so dark in there though - the pictures are never all that great

We picked up a 4th FP for IASW. I could tell I was fading by this point because my photos are not even centered :oops:

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
IASW continued

After our ride we headed over to the Tangled area to rest (I suppose the rest portion of the rest rooms :joyfull:)

While we were sitting down there were a ton of runners around us who were stressing out about the half marathon the next day. It was at this point my mom and I were pretty happy we were already done running :p
Anyway, it was time to check in for dinner so we headed over to… Liberty Tree Tavern! While we were training for our race we both came up with this as the place we wanted to eat after our run! It's the little things that get you through training runs sometimes and thinking about where we wanted to eat was one of the things we would talk about :)

We sat at the same table and had the same server as our last trip here :) It was the first time we were offered alcohol but we declined as we were already struggling to stay awake :happy:

Next up: more dinner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Salad to start

Some rolls

Instead of getting platters of food we actually each got our own plate of food. It was pretty awesome! It saved us from overeating essentially but it was also just super convenient. I'm assuming this happened because we were a table of two (although we are always a table of 2 here and it has never happened before). Everyone else still got the platters.
Roasted Turkey Breast, Pot Roast, and Oven-roasted Pork with Mashed Potatoes, Green beans, Herb Stuffing:
The Mac and cheese still came on the side and for once it was actually really good. The gravy was also on the side obviously. My favorite part is always the pot roast and it did not disappoint!

They now have a trio of desserts: 1. the regular ooey gooey toffee cake 2. warm banana cake (with butter pecan ice cream) and 3. apple fritters

All of them were really good!
As usual our dinner was excellent !
After dinner we decided to head out and relax at the WL since we were pretty exhausted.
We got some PP pictures on the way out.

Next up: WL

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
The sunset was really pretty so I took a few photos

Back at the WL I spotted a Kingdom Strollers truck and tagged them and they put it in their story :hilarious:

My Mom suggested we go the hot tub so help our legs out so we did that. It was a beautiful night out !
Enjoy my beautiful waterproof camera photos

Then we headed back to our room and watched HEA from our balcony!

And then off to (early) bed we went :joyfull:

Next up: Day 3

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I kept looking in your race photos to see if we were in your background at all! I didn't spot us though! Glad you had a good race. It was a fun one. We haven't made the leap to the half yet, but we always talk about it!

It was super fun...the half is awesome just because of the MK but overall the 10K was way more park time which was nice !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 February 24, 2019
We slept in until 7 am which after two days in a row of getting up somewhere around 3 am was glorious !
We had afternoon plans this day so we decided to get some brunch at Trails End. IMO Trails End is super underrated. We were going to eat there at a later date this trip but remembered it was brunch on the weekends so moved it to this day 😋

We took the boat over to Fort Wilderness :)

When we got off the boat at the FW a man jokingly said "you got done touring MK already ?!" :joyfull:
We had some time before our reservation so we wandered around a bit

Next up: more FW

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued

We were seated almost immediately after we checked in :)
Some food plates for you to see

These cookies were amazing - my Mom got a twin one :)

Yum yum yum...our brunch was delicious as ever!
After our meal we headed back over towards the WL

Figured I would take some last photos of River Country while it is still there ☹

So back at the WL we stopped at the DVC desk to ask if we could tour Copper Creek since I bought there. The woman at the desk asked if my Mom was a member and we said no so she signed us up for a tour that was happening right then. My Mom got another gift card out of the deal and she told us we would each get 3 bonus FPs again. This particular tour was in a Cascade Cabin (really wanted to see the rooms 🤷‍♀️) and was a group tour. I genuinely thought this whole thing was odd - sitting through a 45 minute intro tour when I already was a member but whatever.
There was couple on the tour who were clearly just there for the gift card because they scoffed at going to Disney at least once every 3 years (what?) and the guy straight up was saying he never planned on coming back with his family ? It was weird. There was also a Mom and a small boy who were really nice and generally interested. After the tour we got to walk around the cabin.
I took a bunch of photos - my Mom was pleased they are not as close to the water as we thought :)

Next up: more cabin

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued

The cabins are amazing! However so so so many points that I doubt I will ever stay there :) Like 2 nights would be all my points :hilarious:
So we finish looking around and head out to inquire about our FPs. The CM was like - are you already a DVC member (he saw my DVC MB) ?! I said yes and he pretty accusingly said "well you should not have been on this tour did (forgot her name at the DVC desk) know you were one?" "I said yes and explained I asked to see Copper Creek since I recently bought there. He got nicer after this but was confused about what to do. He said something about not getting a gift card (which I knew) and asked someone else and they said I would not get any FPs either but my Mom would (super helpful....). I was pretty mad since we were promised these Fps (had they not said it to me I honestly would not have cared) and I just wasted 45 minutes on an informational tour that I did not even ask to be on. I dropped it though and just thanked them for their time. They promised us transportation to DS after this but I didn't dare ask for it so we headed to the bus stop instead.
I was fuming all the way to DS but my Mom was saying hey at least we got to see the cool cabins and we got a gift card out of it. True...so I finally dropped it.
They had these cool Run Disney banners at DS!

We mostly just walked around. We did some window shopping but did not buy anything. For some reason most of these pictures are of me :hilarious:

We debated about getting something small for lunch there but decided we would just head back to Roaring Fork

Next up: back to the WL

HauntedMansionFLA

Day 3 continued
View attachment 356193
View attachment 356194
View attachment 356195
The cabins are amazing! However so so so many points that I doubt I will ever stay there :) Like 2 nights would be all my points :hilarious:
So we finish looking around and head out to inquire about our FPs. The CM was like - are you already a DVC member (he saw my DVC MB) ?! I said yes and he pretty accusingly said "well you should not have been on this tour did (forgot her name at the DVC desk) know you were one?" "I said yes and explained I asked to see Copper Creek since I recently bought there. He got nicer after this but was confused about what to do. He said something about not getting a gift card (which I knew) and asked someone else and they said I would not get any FPs either but my Mom would (super helpful....). I was pretty mad since we were promised these Fps (had they not said it to me I honestly would not have cared) and I just wasted 45 minutes on an informational tour that I did not even ask to be on. I dropped it though and just thanked them for their time. They promised us transportation to DS after this but I didn't dare ask for it so we headed to the bus stop instead.
I was fuming all the way to DS but my Mom was saying hey at least we got to see the cool cabins and we got a gift card out of it. True...so I finally dropped it.
They had these cool Run Disney banners at DS!
View attachment 356213
View attachment 356216
View attachment 356217
We mostly just walked around. We did some window shopping but did not buy anything. For some reason most of these pictures are of me :hilarious:
View attachment 356218
View attachment 356219
View attachment 356221
View attachment 356222
We debated about getting something small for lunch there but decided we would just head back to Roaring Fork

Next up: back to the WL
Good thing you were able to “Let it go”

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Back at the WL we headed to Roaring Fork to grab some lunch.
We decided to share the Western Nuggets (aka chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce)

They were delicious but we were glad we shared because we could not even finish them :)
My Mom also got this cute campfire cupcake

After lunch we headed down to the pool to relax (like we haven't been doing that all day essentially :joyfull: )

We really loved the Boulder Ridge pool - it was much quieter which was nice!
After our pool break we got ready and headed to Hollywood Studios.
Funny story...I was looking at the app on the bus and what do I see..

We both got those bonus FPs after all! I have no idea how we ended up with them but all that whining I did was for nothing :rolleyes:
This was actually our first experience with the long bus stop walk - we got out of it one way or the other before this :) We stopped for a PP picture when we finally got there.

We headed towards our first FP Aerosmith after this

Next up: more HS

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Yes !!! So nice (totally misread this --- at first I thought you were talking about the dip pool at the cabin - or were you ?)

I was. I thought it was a hot tub...at least that's how it was explained on a vlog I watched recently because of the timers by the post you were standing next to. Or maybe I'm confused....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom