Trip Report *COMPLETED* That time I paid for a dessert party and couldn't eat anything: I Kidani you not! A December 2018 trip report

Hello All! This is my first trip report, so please bear with me! I have loved reading all of your trip reports on here for a long time and may (just may) be slightly obsessed with them. So, here goes my crack at it.
I guess I'll start with the basics:
Who: Myself (Katie), my husband (Mike), and our 8 year old son (Ben). We are from Michigan and I am the major Disney fanatic in the family. Mike mostly just goes along for the ride to keep me happy, but he does enjoy it, too. And Ben of course loves our trips as well. This was his third trip so far, as we have been going every two years. I would love to go more often, but convincing Mike to do yearly trips hasn't happened yet. I mean, what's his problem?! :rolleyes:
AK_PANDORASMFALLS_20181204_414819621339.jpg

When: Dec 1st-Dec8th. We have historically gone the week before Thanksgiving, but decided to give the first week of December a try this time. I like going this time of year because of the cooler weather. I cannot handle walking around in the heat and humidity of Florida. I give major props to all those on this forum that go during the summer! Ben missed a week of school, but I'm ok with that. He's in 2nd grade right now and his teacher had given him a homework packet to do on the trip.

Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village. Standard view studio. This was our first time staying at AKL. We decided to rent DVC points this year, which was also a first. We went through DVC Rental Store and it was a very easy and good experience. We ended up saving quite a bit on the room as compared to booking rack rate. However, it was still a bit pricey, so I opted for the studio room (1 Queen bed with pull out couch) with a standard view to save a little more money. Since there are only three of us, we don't really need that much room.
Also, I am a veterinary technician with a degree in zoology, so anything animal related is totally up my alley!!
IMG_0030.JPG

Saturday, December 8th:

We left Detroit Metro airport around 10am on Saturday. The flight was uneventful and we landed at MCO a little ahead of schedule.
IMG_0010.JPG

I had been debating prior to our trip about whether to have Magical Express take our luggage to the resort or just do it ourselves. I had packed our carry-ons with bathing suits and change of clothes, just in case we didn't have our main bags and wanted to go swimming when we got to the resort. We have had them handle our luggage in the past, but I know it can take a long time sometimes. However, on our way to the airport I suddenly remembered that I had left our ME luggage tags at the house. Mike asked if I wanted to turn around, but we were already on the freeway so I just figured we'd take our own bags after all.
When we got to the Magical Express area at MCO....IT.WAS.INSANE!!! Now, we have used ME many times in the past and we've never had the luxury of just walking onto a half full bus, and we have always had to wait in some sort of line before getting on the bus. In fact, I keep telling Mike that I read on here all the time about people just sauntering on to the ME bus, no lines, and he thinks I'm full of it :joyfull: . I kept saying "Maybe we'll get lucky like the folks on my Disney blog"! Well, that was definitely not going to be the case today. I have never seen the line so long and crazy. It was stretched out way past the elevators and you couldn't even see the ME check point. CMs were trying to guide people into some sort of organized lines. It probably took a good hour before we were on the bus! Ben got on and wanted the very last seat on the bus. You know, the one directly next to the bathroom :bored:. But, soon we were on our way. We stopped at Coronado Springs first and then AKL Jambo House, and then AKL Kidani Village.
When I stepped off the bus, it was warm, overcast, and a little windy. As I waited for our bags from the bus, I just kept looking around like "Oh my god, I cannot believe I am finally here!". After so much time planning this trip, we were here! And the sounds and smells from AKL were so wonderful, I may have teared up just a little.
Here are some pics I took from the front of the lobby area
IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Light fixture for @Doc Disney !

I had received a text while on the ME that our room was ready. I was crossing my fingers for a partial savannah view room and had put in a room request as well, but I knew it was a long shot. No need to check in at the front desk, so we went directly to our room on the 5th floor. I knew as soon as I stepped off the elevator that I would not be getting my wish, but that's ok.
Our room was very nice. It had a balcony that faced the hotel entrance, so while there may not have been animals, it was at least good people watching! Our room had a queen bed, a pull out couch, a small kitchenette area with microwave, mini fridge, sink, and toaster. The bathroom was pretty standard, but nice. Everything was clean.
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

KatieLVT

Original Poster
BOG Continued:

We had preordered our food so we cruised on by the giant line of people waiting to order and found a table in the Rose Room. Is that even what it's called? The West Wing? Rose Gallery? Anyway, Ben had been too scared of it on our last trips, but this time he was looking forward to eating in there. Even though it was hard to see our food, it was really cool.

IMG_0145.JPG

I ordered the French onion soup and a lemon meringue cupcake. The soup was very good and the cupcake was just meh. The actual cake part was very good and lemony, but the icing and meringue were pretty flavorless. It was very beautiful though.

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

I think Mike had the Croque Monsieur, but I forgot to take a pic so I don't really remember. Ben ordered the kid's grilled cheese with green beans and turkey noodle soup.
IMG_0147.JPG

We really enjoyed this room and all of the effects. And it wasn't nearly as loud as the ballroom area. Ben was obsessed with the painting of the prince once he saw that it changed to the Beast with the thunder and lightning strike. He became determined to catch a picture of it in Beast mode with my phone and was not satisfied until he got his shot! He was very proud of this picture. Seriously, he would not shut up about it! I think he thought it deserved some sort of award in masterful photography :hilarious:

IMG_0159.JPG

We wandered around the rest of the restaurant on our way out

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

Next we were on our way to Dumbo. But, not before stopping to take a picture with King Triton. Ben thought the belly button on the statue was hilarious!!:hilarious:

IMG_0171.JPG

KatieLVT

Original Poster
MK Continued:

We headed over to Dumbo. I rode by myself and Mike rode with Ben. I only have one pic because I was too busy trying not to fall to my death out of the elephant. Am I the only one that always feels like they are going to fall out while riding Dumbo?! It's so weird.

IMG_0172.JPG

We then trekked over to Small World. I know this ride gets a lot of groans and eye rolls, but I love it. I even like the song!!

IMG_0174.JPG

I always have to take a picture of the Scottish guys, since that's where my family is from. Plus I just love this scene with the thistles.

IMG_0175.JPG

I do think the Africa room with the jungle animals is my favorite though. Love these guys! Hearing the hyenas laughing as you ride past is so great.
IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

Last edited:

KatieLVT

Original Poster
We also rode Barnstormer at some point. I think that was our 3rd Fast Pass. Ben likes it, but Mike and I could take it or leave it. It's just so short!
We did Mickey's Philharmagic, which is another favorite of mine. I definitely noticed how out dated the 3D technology is on this past trip, but it's still a great show. I love the songs!

IMG_0182.JPG

Mike and Ben wanted to do the teacups, so we walked over there. I cannot do any rides that spin without getting horribly ill. So, I sat this one out.

IMG_0183.JPG

We then did the People Mover again and Monster's Inc. We talked about getting ice cream at the Plaza, but the line was crazy long. The MK was starting to get very crowded by this point in the day, so we decided to head out and go back to the resort for a break before heading out in the evening. Some random pics I took on the way out:
IMG_0186.JPG

Ben liked these guys. This one looks like he's super annoyed with all the tourists coming to pose and take pictures with him. :hilarious:
IMG_0187.JPG

This was a MVMCP night and when we left it was about 3:30pm. The line to get in to the MK for the party was INSANE!! We took the bus back to AKL to relax.
IMG_0189.JPG

Mike and Ben were relaxing in the room with TV and tablets, but it was so nice outside I couldn't stay inside. So, I cracked open my bottle of wine and had a couple glasses by myself on the balcony. It was heaven!! We may not have had the best view, but the weather, the wine, and the balcony all made up for that. There were also CMs outside the lobby playing African drums and then the sun started to set. I probably sat out there for an hour by myself and was happy as a clam! :inlove:

Next up: Epcot

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Still Day 1 - Epcot in evening:

Wow! It's hard keeping up with this report during the holidays. I just got a break from the craziness right now so I will try to add a little more.

So, we left for Epcot around 5:30pm. We had a FP for Spaceship Earth so that was our first stop. I just love this ride so much!! I did not take too many pics this evening, but here are a few from SE.

IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG

We then headed over to the Land. We had a Soarin FP for the next day, so I wasn't worried about that. We walked on Living with the Land right before it closed. I think we were the second to last boat to come in. No pics, sorry. I was just trying to look at everything and take it all in. Ben said "I feel sorry for Living with the Land. There's hardly ever a line, which means it's not very popular. It's like people don't even know what an awesome ride it is!" Hard to argue with that! :joyfull:

My "planned" idea was to have dinner at Sunshine Seasons. Well, about this time is when Ben became HANGRY. So, a little bit about Ben: when this kid doesn't eat at fairly regular intervals he turns into a gigantic monster!! Like, not just cranky or moody, but down right unreasonable. He becomes emotional and angry and it's all down hill from there. I try to get him to eat often, but it's challenging sometimes. Anyway, around this time was when it all went down. We looked over the menu at SS, but not seeing a burger on the menu, Ben turned into Mr. Hyde and refused to eat there. Now, some of you are probably thinking "Are you really going to cave in to your 8-year old's whim?". Well....yes. Yes I am. None of us were in the mood for a fight, it was late, and I needed to get food in this kid.

So, we headed over to the Electric Umbrella, which we knew would have burgers. Now it was my time to pout! The Electric Umbrella?! :hungover:
But, you know what? It was actually surprisingly good as compared to the last time we were there! I got the flatbread pizza and it was downright delicious! No pictures again, sorry. We were busy shoving food in our mouths! The atmosphere in there leaves something to be desired, but the food was pretty decent.

I think we watched the fountain for a while (Ben is obsessed with it), walked around and then headed out. We'd be back the next day.

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

This picture makes me think we must have walked over to World Showcase maybe? I don't know, I have no memory of that.

Up Next: Day 2

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Monday Dec 10th-Epcot

While were in The Land the night before, Ben had mentioned that he wanted to go to Garden Grill. I reminded him we went once before, but he said he wanted to go again because he liked looking down into Living with the Land. So, later that night at the hotel I snagged a breakfast reservation for the next day. I didn't tell Ben, I was keeping it a surprise. Mike was excited, because he remembered the cinnamon rolls!

So, we got up early, had a quick snack in our room and headed out to the bus. We had a FP for Soarin' first thing, so we walked right back to The Land and got on our flight. We were put in B group! Yay! So, off we went traveling around the world.

After we got off the ride, I had Ben try and guess what my surprise for him was. After a couple guesses, he said "Is it that restaurant that turns around?" Yes, it is! We walked up to the desk and were given a beeper. We only had to wait a minute or two before it went off and we were seated in a booth on the lower level. Perfect!

Dale came around first
IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

The Glorious Skillet of Deliciousness!! We may have eaten some before I remembered to take a pic.

IMG_0198.JPG

POG juice! :inlove:
IMG_0199.JPG

KatieLVT

Original Poster
The character interactions were ok. I always think it's a little awkward at table meals. They don't have handlers to interpret their gestures or make up things to say, so you end up trying to think of interesting things to say and play charades. :joyfull:

Next up was Mickey, followed by Chip and Pluto
IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG

Fun story: As we were finishing up, Mike was trying to persuade Ben to eat more eggs and not just cinnamon rolls. Ben stuffed a whole bunch of eggs in his mouth and tried to eat them at once. Well, that didn't work so well. He ended up choking a little, which in turn caused him to throw up right there at the table!! :oops:

Most of it went on the floor next to us, so at least it wasn't all over the table. The waitress came by and we apologized and explained what happened. She seemed pretty annoyed (can't blame her) and gave us a stack of napkins and asked us to clean it up. Not that I expect people to clean up my kid's messes, but I was a little confused as to why she wasn't bringing a mop or wet rag or something. So, she went off again and Mike and I cleaned up the mess as best we could with napkins. The waitress then came back again with a plastic garbage bag. She seemed nicer now and explained that she wasn't allowed to clean up bodily fluids (totally understand) and that if it was a lot she would have to call in a special cleaning team for it. Fortunately, it was not a lot and we were able to clean it all ourselves. Then she asked if any got on the table. I said I didn't think so, but there may have been a speck on one of the bowls. Into the garbage bag the bowl went! She told us that anything that gets infected has to be thrown away, they do not wash it. So, if he had gotten sick on the table, all of the plates, glasses, silverware, etc would be tossed into the trash. I never knew that! It makes sense when you think about it, but it just never occurred to me.

So, after that debacle and leaving our waitress an extra big tip, we slinked out of there. Oh, and Ben was fine by the way. Not even phased! :bored::hilarious:

On that lovely note, I will continue my report probably in a couple days. Off to do Christmas stuff!!

Zipadeelady

Your time on the balcony at AKL sounded lovely. And Garden Grill :hilarious:, I have to admit I had to laugh because I could picture that happening to anyone trying to stuff their mouth full of eggs.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Songbird76

We have a rule on vacation that we get to eat what we want....you only want cookies from the buffet? We're on vacation. And with DS being EXTREMELY picky (I've never met anyone pickier, and when I tell people how picky he is, they agree....he's the pickiest kid on the planet) we will go to 2 different places so he can have what he wants, and we still get what we want. Yes, it takes time, but we're all happier for it. No judgement here!!

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Epcot continued:

According to my pictures, it appears we went over to visit Figment after breakfast. Ben had never been on this ride ( I know, blasphemous!), mostly because I think it's just so out of the way and we never think of it. But, he had requested going on it because there's Figments all over Epcot merchandise and he had never even seen the ride.
Obviously, we walked right on.
IMG_0210.JPG

Here's Ben's Figment he made at the end. Named Hup, apparently. :joyfull:
IMG_0211.JPG

Then we went into the photo booth there. I had bought Memory Maker a couple days before our trip, but it didn't actually kick in until this day. I think this is the first time I used it on this trip.
WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBECMGEAR3_20181203_414849125581.jpg

Next, we headed over to Test Track. I think I had a FP for this earlier in the day but it was down.
IMG_0213.JPG

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_20181203_414807921330.jpg

I really thought that was a real dog when I saw this photo the first time. I'm 99% sure it's a stuffed animal, but I swear it looks real! :hilarious:

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Next up, Ben and Mike wanted to try Mission Space. This is a no-go for me, since I am extremely claustrophobic along with getting motion sickness. They did Green I think? Whatever the easier one is. Meanwhile, the skies were looking very dark and the wind was picking up. I decided to grab a coffee at Joffrey's before heading for some cover. Just in time too, the sky opened up just as I got to Innoventions.

It was mostly a ghost town inside so I just sat on a bench and drank my iced coffee while I waited for the guys. I had asked for a cold brew iced coffee with cream and sweetener at the coffee stand. There was a bit of a language barrier that caused some confusion between me and the cast member taking my order. Her and the other CM there were talking back and forth and they kept making sure I wanted cream and seemed kind of annoyed that I was asking for it. Then she said they didn't have unflavored syrup, but I could add sugar from the little station. Then the second lady that was making the drink, took the pitcher of cream from the station on the side and added it to my drink.

So, I figured that the confusion and slight annoyance from the CMs was that they thought I was asking them to add cream to my coffee when I could very well have done it myself! But, I didn't realize that the stuff was all over to the side like that. Oh well!
Also, was I started drinking it, I realized it was pumpkin spice flavored (not what I wanted, but it was drinkable).
IMG_0214.JPG

By the time the boys were done with Mission Space and they walked over to Innoventions, the rain had stopped. We decided to head over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends and then check out the aquarium.
We are all aquarium junkies in our family. We love beaches, aquatic life, the water...anything that involves sea life. So, we can spend quite a bit of time just walking around checking everything out.
I have about a million and a half pictures from the aquarium. Don't worry, I wont post them all! Every time Ben saw something he thought was cool (aka every 5 seconds), it would be "Mom! Take a picture!". Eventually I think I just gave him my phone and let him take them.

I love the manatees!! I like that they try to rehabilitate them and release them (except for Lil' Joe, who I think has to stay in captivity due to not knowing how to live in the wild). They are so amazing to me!
IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

I generally do not advocate dolphins in captivity, unless they are being rehabilitated. I won't get on my soap box here, but I do feel sad for them. They are such beautiful and intelligent animals. That being said, yes I bought a ticket to WDW, so I realize I am actually supporting their captivity in the end.
IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

After admiring our fish friends, we went to meet our favorite personal healthcare companion.
This meet and greet was a little awkward. There was not a handler with him, us the photo pass guy. And since Baymax can't really move around or act out anything, you just kind of get your hug and a fist bump and you're done. Haha!
EPCOT_BIGHERO6CHAR_20181203_414809757553.jpg

EPCOT_BIGHERO6CHAR_20181203_414809757571.jpg

So squishy!!!

EPCOT_BIGHERO6CHAR_20181203_414809757577.jpg

Seeing these picture reminds me that did go in to MouseGear at some point because we bought the hat Ben is wearing here. He really loves Steamboat Willie lately, I'm not sure why. But, he has been practicing trying to whistle just so he can whistle the tune like Mickey. So, when we saw that hat in the store we had to get it. It's actually a pretty cool hat, too.

KatieLVT

Original Poster
We then walked over to the Visa cardmember meet and greet. It was hard to find and we had to ask a CM where the door was. Once in line, I think we waited about 15 minutes or so. Which isn't too bad, but you're kind of crammed in a little hallway waiting for your turn, since the characters are a surprise until you walk in. There was a window at least, so we did some people watching while we waited. And Ben liked the designs on the walls.

IMG_0255.JPG

Mickey and Goofy!! I think last time we went it was Minnie and Goofy, so I was happy to see the Big Cheese there. This was a fun meet and greet.
EPCOT_VISAMEET_20181203_414810159891.jpg

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20181203_414810217232.jpg

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20181203_414810162055.jpg

Now, if I remember correctly, after the meet and greet we hung outside by the dancing fountains near Imagination. Ben was having fun with them and Mike and I sat down and relaxed for a while. Then we decided to walk over to World Showcase. We also stopped at the Agent P station to figure out how to do it. This was something Ben was really looking forward to and another first for us. It was pretty strait forward and we downloaded the app before heading to our first pavilion.
Mexico was first, so after saving the world with Agent P, we wound up at La Cantina de San Angel. I like this counter service restaurant. The location is great, it's convenient, and the food is pretty good.

Mike and I split the Nachos and a margarita and Ben got the kid's chicken tenders meal. All were tasty!
IMG_0257.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG

We originally had a nice seat by the water, but a rain shower started up again as we were eating. So, we moved more inward where there was more cover. Shortly after this, it down poured! Everyone in the vicinity of the restaurant ran in under the roof. We sat there finishing our meals, but were pretty jammed in with people trying to stay dry.

IMG_0259.JPG

Once the rain subsided some, we walked back across the street. There was one essential thing we didn't do yet.
IMG_0263.JPG

This is must-do for Ben! I don't know why, but he loves it! Especially the song. Then he was 4 years old on his first trip, he kept calling it the Three Burritos. It was so funny! Now we just call it that all the time.
IMG_0264.JPG

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Ok, I'm going to try and wrap up this Epcot day.

There was one thing close by that was on my Disney bucket food list. So, I stopped by the Joy of Tea for a Tipsy Ducks in Love.
IMG_0265.JPG

This was really good! I was trying to figure out what the taste was like at first. Then Mike tried some and he said "Oh, it tastes just like a Tootsie Roll". That was it! As I got further into the drink, the alcohol showed up in full force! Apparently I did not mix it very well. :hilarious: So, I made sure to stir it up really well after that. This is definitely a strong drink, especially by Disney mixed drink standards, so I was pleasantly surprised. Yum!

We walked around WS some more. We did more Agent P missions, in China and France I think. And of course you can't visit France without a trip to Les Halles! But, for the life of me I cannot remember what we got and I didn't take any pictures. Pretty sure Mike got a chocolate mousse of some sort and I probably got a pastry. I'm sure whatever it was was delicious!

As we were doing the Agent P thing, we were inside the building where they show the France movie. We were standing there and in walks Belle in her beautiful Christmas dress! We were the only ones there, so I pointed her out to Ben. Now, Ben will be the first to tell you that he is "allergic" to princesses and will then proceed to make a vomiting gesture if you bring up the subject. :rolleyes:

But, he also likes collecting character autographs and he did not have Belle's yet. So, I "gently" mentioned that if he went over there and got his picture with Belle, he could add her autograph to his book. And to my surprise, he obliged!

EPCOT_FRCHARBELLE_20181203_414812245383.jpg

EPCOT_FRCHARBELLE_20181203_414812245386.jpg

This was a great interaction! Belle was so sweet and talkative and really took a lot of time with him. She saw Ben's shirt and asked if he was a scientist like her Papa, and what kind of scientist was he? It was really cute. Ben was being super shy (you can see in the first picture he's twisting his shirt all up) and mostly just gave soft, one word answers and nodded. He did manage to squeak out that he likes chemistry. I think he had a crush! :hilarious:

After this, we decided to call it a day. I had plans to watch Illuminations another night, so we beat the crowd out of the park around 6:45 and went back to the hotel for an early night.

Next up: Animal Kingdom!!

Songbird76

We then walked over to the Visa cardmember meet and greet. It was hard to find and we had to ask a CM where the door was. Once in line, I think we waited about 15 minutes or so. Which isn't too bad, but you're kind of crammed in a little hallway waiting for your turn, since the characters are a surprise until you walk in. There was a window at least, so we did some people watching while we waited. And Ben liked the designs on the walls.

View attachment 336367

Mickey and Goofy!! I think last time we went it was Minnie and Goofy, so I was happy to see the Big Cheese there. This was a fun meet and greet.
View attachment 336368

View attachment 336371

View attachment 336370
Now, if I remember correctly, after the meet and greet we hung outside by the dancing fountains near Imagination. Ben was having fun with them and Mike and I sat down and relaxed for a while. Then we decided to walk over to World Showcase. We also stopped at the Agent P station to figure out how to do it. This was something Ben was really looking forward to and another first for us. It was pretty strait forward and we downloaded the app before heading to our first pavilion.
Mexico was first, so after saving the world with Agent P, we wound up at La Cantina de San Angel. I like this counter service restaurant. The location is great, it's convenient, and the food is pretty good.

Mike and I split the Nachos and a margarita and Ben got the kid's chicken tenders meal. All were tasty!
View attachment 336385View attachment 336386

We originally had a nice seat by the water, but a rain shower started up again as we were eating. So, we moved more inward where there was more cover. Shortly after this, it down poured! Everyone in the vicinity of the restaurant ran in under the roof. We sat there finishing our meals, but were pretty jammed in with people trying to stay dry.

View attachment 336388

Once the rain subsided some, we walked back across the street. There was one essential thing we didn't do yet.
View attachment 336389

This is must-do for Ben! I don't know why, but he loves it! Especially the song. Then he was 4 years old on his first trip, he kept calling it the Three Burritos. It was so funny! Now we just call it that all the time.
View attachment 336390
Well, now I'll have to call it Burritos! My daughter got mixed up once saying Pirates of the Caribbean, and she said Carrots of the Pirabbean instead...so that is now "Carrots" to us. (Hence my avatar that @PUSH made me.)

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Well, now I'll have to call it Burritos! My daughter got mixed up once saying Pirates of the Caribbean, and she said Carrots of the Pirabbean instead...so that is now "Carrots" to us. (Hence my avatar that @PUSH made me.)
Haha! I like Carrots of the Pirabbean! So cute!

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Tuesday, Dec 4th: Animal Kingdom:

Today was Animal Kingdom day! I was very excited for this day, because we had not seen Pandora yet. Also, Ben nor I had ever ridden Expedition Everest! I know, how could that be? Well, the first time we went after it had just opened (and the yeti still moved) I was pregnant and couldn't go on. Mike went on it without me that time. Then, on our last two trips, Ben was too afraid to go on it. I could have gone as a single rider, but I didn't want to as my first time. I always think it's more fun to experience a ride for the first time with someone else. So...this trip I had a couple fast passes for EE and was determined to go on it. Ben said he would do it, but was still apprehensive.

This morning, I ran down to Sanaa to get breakfast and brought it back to our room. I got the banana bread with chocolate hazelnut spread (aka Nutella) and also an African quiche thing. And coffee, of course. Mike had said he didn't want anything and I think Ben just ate snacks we had in the room.
IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

This was a pretty disappointing breakfast. I had been looking forward to the banana bread, but it was cold from being refrigerated and wasn't really that great. I'm sure it's much better if it's fresh or warm.

The quiche was only ok. Nothing really special, but it did the job in terms of some protein for breakfast.

Off we went to catch a bus to AK. I think we arrived at the park at little after nine. There was a photopass thing set up outside the entrance so I made everyone do that before going in.
AK_ENTRSTEPINFRAMEICON_20181204_414815843569.jpg

AK_ENTRSTEPINFRAMEICON_20181204_414815843570.jpg

They had already opened, but the opening show with the macaws was about to start. If you have not experienced this opening show (provided you are NOT afraid of birds), then you really should make time for it. We saw it on our last visit, too. It's just so amazing with the macaws flying so close. I could feel the wind from them as they swooped down over our heads and shoulders to get back to their perches.
IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

So, as we're standing there watching the show, this man approached me. He asked me if he could use my phone because he got separated from his wife and she had his phone. Now, I realize this is not that odd of a request, but there were like a hundred people all standing in this area trying to listen to the CMs with the birds and watch them. Like, I'm trying to watch the show, dude!!
But, what could I say except sure. So, he proceeds to tell me his phone number and then tells me what to say to his wife when she answers. Like "Tell her to meet me by the tree!" or something like that. So, this lady answers by saying "Where are you?". I'm like "Uh...hi. I'm with your husband near the entrance. He says to meet you by the tree?". Keep in mind, it's super loud with all the people and the birds squawking, so I'm yelling into the phone. "What?!!" , she says. I repeat myself. "What?!", she says again. Meanwhile, this guy is also yelling stuff to me to tell her. Finally, I just shoved the phone toward him and said "Here, you talk to her!". The reason I hadn't given him my phone from the beginning was A) He didn't ask for it, just started giving me directions of what to tell his wife, and B) I didn't really want a stranger to use my phone and get their face germs all over it.
In the end, he told his wife where to meet him and gave me my phone back. I wiped his face grease off my screen and returned to the bird show. Of course, now I had missed like 50% of it :bored:

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Help from the photographers on here!! I'm trying to upload photos into the report, but all of a sudden it is telling me that "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension". Does anyone know what this means? They are just pics taken from my iPhone, just like all the others I have uploaded. I don't understand what the different would be. Any suggestions?

lostpro9het

Help from the photographers on here!! I'm trying to upload photos into the report, but all of a sudden it is telling me that "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension". Does anyone know what this means? They are just pics taken from my iPhone, just like all the others I have uploaded. I don't understand what the different would be. Any suggestions?

Take a look at the detailed view of your photos. Make sure the "Type" of your photo is PNG or JPG. Usually the upload function limits your options to acceptable files but stranger things have happened.
Untitled.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom