Trip Report *COMPLETED*So much World so little time!

Forgive me if I forgot anyone..
@21stamps @Zipitidoda @Tuvalu @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @KordovaJD @Doc Disney @mattchu758 @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever @epcotlover888 @lostpro9het

Alright gang here we gooo!

Departure Day -Feb 1, 2017

I set my alarm for 7:15 am, and when I got up Brook was already coming out of the shower. My FIL was picking us up at 8:45 that morning for our 10:30 am flight. The plan was to arrive at PHL at 9 am. He picked us up a few minutes early and off we went! No line at security! Brook walked right on thru the metal detector, but I was stopped. The TSA agent said they were picking up metal on my thighs. Ummm...maybe lard, but I wasn't smuggling any metal. She asked me if I wanted a private room and that she was going to have to pat me down. I told her there was no need for a private room. She did her search and off we went! I stopped to buy my traditional Cosmo magazine and then we went off to find some breakfast. Brook decided she wanted McDonald's so we strolled over that way. Found 2 good seats over looking a runway. We ate, watched the planes take off and talked about our upcoming plans! After eating we walked over to our gate, but as usual it was packed so we sat at an empty one. We like being the last ones to board, so we're not sitting there for 20-30 mins. While waiting to board I got this guy...

roomtext.png

We hadn't even left PA and our room was ready!! Awesome!!! We were happy with the location, we just really didn't want buildings 1 or 7(furthest from lobby and food court). The flight was nice, I read and Brook slept and listened to music. We landed early and made our way down to the ME. The bus wasn't crowded at all and off we went! We got to FQ and Brook made a beeline to find Elsie. I waited at the front desk to ask about upgrading to AP's. I thought it could only be done at the parks or DS, but we upgraded right there!! SO EXCITING!! The merchandise discount was so nice!! Brook came over and said she didn't see her and asked me if I could ask a CM if she was around. The lady we asked said she had moved over to POR! Sad, but no big deal. I knew I'd be in for a few boat rides lol. Our first of which would happen after lunch.We were hungry, but didn't want to eat too much as we had an ADR at Chef Mickey's . We dropped our bags in our room which was perfect as far as location goes! Literally a 20 second walk to the food court!

Brook ordered kids chicken fingers and I can't remember what I got. I'm thinking it was soup. From there we strolled down to the dock to visit POR. Guess we strolled a little too slowly because we missed the boat by seconds. By the time we got to POR we were told that Elsie's shift had ended 15 mins earlier. Rats! We missed her! From there we took a bus to the MK and hopped the monorail over to CM's for dinner.
I was able to move it up to 5pm as opposed to 7pm I believe. We decided to hit up the MK afterwards since we had the AP's now and didn't want to get there that late. We arrived 15 mins early and checked in. Decided against a picture, watched the parade of characters and just relaxed. Our buzzer went off first! We were the first ones in and first ones to attack the buffet. We enjoyed the food and desserts, the characters not so much. I had originally booked this meal when I thought Kevin and Mia would be joining us. It was just awkward lol. We are super fast eaters so we left before they could make their rounds again. I explained to the waiter we were supposed to have a child with us so we were more interested in the food.
212017chefm.jpg

She'd kill me if she knew I posted this pic of her with no makeup! After stuffing our traps, Brook did some shopping. She wanted a new pin lanyard and a few other items. When she was done we took the monorail over to the GF so she could stop in Basin, her fave store on prop. That birthday and Christmas money was apparently burning a hole in her pocket. She decided on 5 bath bombs and then we headed over to the MK. We were tired by that point and didn't do much but take in the sights. We had such a nice day, fun, relaxing and always exciting!

mlegerto

We were starving and ate everything in sight. The show was lots of fun and I'm glad we experienced it, but us once was enough, no need to go back.

Great update! I felt the same way about Spirit of Aloha, we had a lot of fun but no need to really do it again - even more so after visiting Aulani LOL. I do however love Hoop Dee Do, but that's something we only do every 5-7 years or so as it hasn't changed. Glad that you got to experience it and make an opinion for yourself tho.

Dory71

Day 2- Feb 2nd- Visiting Florida Institute of Technology

We got up early this morning, altho it wasn't early enough as we were late getting to our tour. We grabbed an Uber to the Car Car Center at MK. There was no wait, so renting was a breeze. I asked if there was an AP discount offered and she said no, but would give me one anyway! I was very grateful and said it wasn't necessary, but she insisted. Awesome...love that Disney magic! We rented a Chevy Sonic which was perfect for the 2 of us. It really had some power! We left at 910, and check in for the tour was at 945 am I called the school and explained that we had come from Philadelphia and were about an hour and 20 mins away. I was assuming the woman would say sure, no prob...see ya when u get here. Not so much. She said the tour would leave at 10 and my GPS was saying ToA was 10:20 am.I asked if we could just catch up with them and she said no. Brook was crushed. So sad. I told Brooklyn to hang onto her hat, we were making that tour!! I floored it and off we went! There may have been a few times I looked down and we were going 90 mph...oops...my bad! We got there right around 10:25 am and went to the visitors desk. The lady I spoke with said she thought we would come so she had prepared a private tour for us! We met our guide, Priath and he took us all over campus. We toured the library which was amazing! They offer puppy therapy study group sessions there during finals! We saw the dorms, the radio station, the lecture halls, the gym, pools and cafeteria. The cafeteria was amazinggg! We enjoy eating and dove right in! There was a taco and nacho bar, a grill, a salad bar, a pasta bar, a sammich bar, and lots of desserts. I think Brook wanted to move in right then and there! After lunch we drove over to Melbourne International Airport and met our guide, Nick. We both liked Nick right away, he was friendly and just like Brooklyn came from a family with NO aviation background. He showed us all the planes that the students use and talked about elective classes. The one that caught my adrenaline junkies eye? Aerobatic Flight!! Learning rolls and dives...uhhh, no thanks!! Next, we toured the hangar where the students studying mechanics work on the planes. From there we were able to watch actual students doing simulated flying. That was really neat to see! They had little cubicles set up with half of a cockpit and a sim screen. This is where our tour came to an end. By this time it was 3:30. I was not looking forward to rush hour traffic, but we made good time getting back.

Next up...our return to WDW!
Thanks for the idea of incorporating a college visit into a Disney trip. My son wants to be an Astrophysicist and FIT is on his list to check into.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Thanks for the idea of incorporating a college visit into a Disney trip. My son wants to be an Astrophysicist and FIT is on his list to check into.

Np! One of the girls in with our tour group was an aspiring astro major. He will LOVE FIT!! We had such a great day there, we really enjoyed the experience. Hope you get to go!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 5...Feb 5th...Super Bowl Sunday...

I planned obsessively for this day, mostly to make it something my husband would enjoy. He's a HUGE sports fan, with football being at the top of the list. I knew he would want to enjoy the game somewhere, but every place we looked into was either crazy expensive, or out of the way. We called the ESPN club a few times before arriving and even with the package they were offering it was still first come first serve. For $100 Kevin wanted to be guaranteed a table. Di we do anything fun? NOPE! So that was that.

We started our day at AK. We walked to our first FP of the day which was Primeval Whirl. I know not many people are crazy about this ride, but my family loves it! We laugh the whole time and look forward to riding every year! From there we were all hungry and went to our traditional Y&Y. We always eat there on our AK day. I got the same thing I've eaten there for years, the roasted veggie and couscous wrap. That was last time ordering it. It was soooo dry I felt like I was eating sand! The wrap was stale around the edges too, but I ate it cuz I'm fat. Brook and Kevin got the honey chicken which they liked, and Mia had a kids hamburger(she hates melted chz). After lunch it was time for Everest! We debated doing single rider afterwards, but the kids wanted to shop. Brook did some pin trading. With the help of Mia's eagle eyes, Brook was able to complete a set she had started only a few days before. Kali was closed(thank the Lord) so we decided to head back to FQ. Mia hopped in the shower to get ready for Lilo's Playhouse, Kevin and I laid down for a lil nappie, and Brook watched some TV. I fell asleep to the show Bunk'd on the Disney channel. It was really cute, we both liked it. Kevin and Mia grabbed an uber to Lilo's and Brook and I headed down to the food court for a snack. I told her it looked like Pablo Escobar had been here before us lol....

pablo.jpg

Those darn beignets are messy! I decided on a king cake, which Brook instantly fell in love with. So much so I had to buy one at home!

kingcake.jpg

After our snack we headed back to the room because the game was about to start. I'm a Pats fan so it ended well! Kevin wasn't so happy, but who cares?! While he went to get Mia, Brook and I organized her pin collection, well she made me. She asked, I said no, she made a sad face, so I organized pins lol.

gdisneyfans

Day 5...Feb 5th...Super Bowl Sunday...

I planned obsessively for this day, mostly to make it something my husband would enjoy. He's a HUGE sports fan, with football being at the top of the list. I knew he would want to enjoy the game somewhere, but every place we looked into was either crazy expensive, or out of the way. We called the ESPN club a few times before arriving and even with the package they were offering it was still first come first serve. For $100 Kevin wanted to be guaranteed a table. Di we do anything fun? NOPE! So that was that.

We started our day at AK. We walked to our first FP of the day which was Primeval Whirl. I know not many people are crazy about this ride, but my family loves it! We laugh the whole time and look forward to riding every year! From there we were all hungry and went to our traditional Y&Y. We always eat there on our AK day. I got the same thing I've eaten there for years, the roasted veggie and couscous wrap. That was last time ordering it. It was soooo dry I felt like I was eating sand! The wrap was stale around the edges too, but I ate it cuz I'm fat. Brook and Kevin got the honey chicken which they liked, and Mia had a kids hamburger(she hates melted chz). After lunch it was time for Everest! We debated doing single rider afterwards, but the kids wanted to shop. Brook did some pin trading. With the help of Mia's eagle eyes, Brook was able to complete a set she had started only a few days before. Kali was closed(thank the Lord) so we decided to head back to FQ. Mia hopped in the shower to get ready for Lilo's Playhouse, Kevin and I laid down for a lil nappie, and Brook watched some TV. I fell asleep to the show Bunk'd on the Disney channel. It was really cute, we both liked it. Kevin and Mia grabbed an uber to Lilo's and Brook and I headed down to the food court for a snack. I told her it looked like Pablo Escobar had been here before us lol....

View attachment 193951
Those darn beignets are messy! I decided on a king cake, which Brook instantly fell in love with. So much so I had to buy one at home!

View attachment 193952

After our snack we headed back to the room because the game was about to start. I'm a Pats fan so it ended well! Kevin wasn't so happy, but who cares?! While he went to get Mia, Brook and I organized her pin collection, well she made me. She asked, I said no, she made a sad face, so I organized pins lol.
We love Primeval Whirl too - we giggle the entire time. Love it! Sorry about the wrap though:grumpy: Yuck.

21stamps

Put me in the camp of Primeval Whirl fans!

@Courtney6682 , I love the beignets at POFQ! Also, we do a King Cake every year for Fat Tuesday. I made one once, now I just buy it. I always make sure to cut T the piece that has the baby in it. He gets overly excited about something so simple...and I fake my surprise over him getting it again. ;).

Oh, and watching the game in your room sounds fun!!! It was probably a lot more relaxing than being at a bar.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Put me in the camp of Primeval Whirl fans!

@Courtney6682 , I love the beignets at POFQ! Also, we do a King Cake every year for Fat Tuesday. I made one once, now I just buy it. I always make sure to cut T the piece that has the baby in it. He gets overly excited about something so simple...and I fake my surprise over him getting it again. ;).

Oh, and watching the game in your room sounds fun!!! It was probably a lot more relaxing than being at a bar.

Atta girl! I knew I liked you for some reason;)

I'm not actually a fan of the beignets..Tried them once last year and didn't get the hype. Brook, like the animal that she is, ripped the cake apart that I bought for our house LOL. I didn't care tho, we were done with it. I had to fake my joy for a 17 yr old finding the baby HAHAHAHA.

We actually did have fun watching it in the room...all that obsessive nonsense...so not worth it lol

21stamps

Atta girl! I knew I liked you for some reason;)

I'm not actually a fan of the beignets..Tried them once last year and didn't get the hype. Brook, like the animal that she is, ripped the cake apart that I bought for our house LOL. I didn't care tho, we were done with it. I had to fake my joy for a 17 yr old finding the baby HAHAHAHA.

We actually did have fun watching it in the room...all that obsessive nonsense...so not worth it lol
Ha ha!!! We have a bakery that sells one with the baby separately, so you can place it yourself. I would end up with a completely destroyed cake within 5 minutes of cutting if I didn't do it this way.lol

I'm telling you, a pool or a room are the best places for games!!! I think it sounds much better than the ESPN Club!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ha ha!!! We have a bakery that sells one with the baby separately, so you can place it yourself. I would end up with a completely destroyed cake within 5 minutes of cutting if I didn't do it this way.lol

I'm telling you, a pool or a room are the best places for games!!! I think it sounds much better than the ESPN Club!

The pool does sound like fun...especially a cabana! *Gasp*...grab the torches lol

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Great update! I felt the same way about Spirit of Aloha, we had a lot of fun but no need to really do it again - even more so after visiting Aulani LOL. I do however love Hoop Dee Do, but that's something we only do every 5-7 years or so as it hasn't changed. Glad that you got to experience it and make an opinion for yourself tho.

Hoop Dee Doo and Aulani are on my bucket list lol...

21stamps

The pool does sound like fun...especially a cabana! *Gasp*...grab the torches lol
Renting a relatively reasonably priced Cabana is torch worthy.. eating at a $300 dinner, not torch worthy.. but only one of them will I do at WDW.. and guess what? If "you" choose the other- good for you! Amazing how that works..something as simple as realizing that people may prefer different things in life.lol

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Renting a relatively reasonably priced Cabana is torch worthy.. eating at a $300 dinner, not torch worthy.. but only one of them will I do at WDW.. and guess what? If "you" choose the other- good for you! Amazing how that works..something as simple as realizing that people may prefer different things in life.lol

Totally agree! I couldn't care less what a stranger chooses to do on THEIR vacation! Some people apparently do ;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 6...February 6th

MK today! I was so excited to the Super Bowl parade, and everyone I work with was so jeal! Little did I know that the ''parade'' would consist of ONE player LOL. It was neat to see all the lights and cameras set up for interviews, and the characters wearing football jerseys and cheerleader outfits! I regret not taking any pics. I'm not a picture person, what can I say? We had FP's for Buzz, Space and 7D, but we did Buzz twice with the extra FP's Brook was given on her bday.

famonspace.jpg

kidsonbuzz.jpg

21stamps

Day 6...February 6th

MK today! I was so excited to the Super Bowl parade, and everyone I work with was so jeal! Little did I know that the ''parade'' would consist of ONE player LOL. It was neat to see all the lights and cameras set up for interviews, and the characters wearing football jerseys and cheerleader outfits! I regret not taking any pics. I'm not a picture person, what can I say? We had FP's for Buzz, Space and 7D, but we did Buzz twice with the extra FP's Brook was given on her bday.

View attachment 194134

View attachment 194136

I love the concentration looks in the Buzz photo!
Where are you?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom