Trip Report *COMPLETED*So much World so little time!

Forgive me if I forgot anyone..
@21stamps @Zipitidoda @Tuvalu @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @KordovaJD @Doc Disney @mattchu758 @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever @epcotlover888 @lostpro9het

Alright gang here we gooo!

Departure Day -Feb 1, 2017

I set my alarm for 7:15 am, and when I got up Brook was already coming out of the shower. My FIL was picking us up at 8:45 that morning for our 10:30 am flight. The plan was to arrive at PHL at 9 am. He picked us up a few minutes early and off we went! No line at security! Brook walked right on thru the metal detector, but I was stopped. The TSA agent said they were picking up metal on my thighs. Ummm...maybe lard, but I wasn't smuggling any metal. She asked me if I wanted a private room and that she was going to have to pat me down. I told her there was no need for a private room. She did her search and off we went! I stopped to buy my traditional Cosmo magazine and then we went off to find some breakfast. Brook decided she wanted McDonald's so we strolled over that way. Found 2 good seats over looking a runway. We ate, watched the planes take off and talked about our upcoming plans! After eating we walked over to our gate, but as usual it was packed so we sat at an empty one. We like being the last ones to board, so we're not sitting there for 20-30 mins. While waiting to board I got this guy...

roomtext.png

We hadn't even left PA and our room was ready!! Awesome!!! We were happy with the location, we just really didn't want buildings 1 or 7(furthest from lobby and food court). The flight was nice, I read and Brook slept and listened to music. We landed early and made our way down to the ME. The bus wasn't crowded at all and off we went! We got to FQ and Brook made a beeline to find Elsie. I waited at the front desk to ask about upgrading to AP's. I thought it could only be done at the parks or DS, but we upgraded right there!! SO EXCITING!! The merchandise discount was so nice!! Brook came over and said she didn't see her and asked me if I could ask a CM if she was around. The lady we asked said she had moved over to POR! Sad, but no big deal. I knew I'd be in for a few boat rides lol. Our first of which would happen after lunch.We were hungry, but didn't want to eat too much as we had an ADR at Chef Mickey's . We dropped our bags in our room which was perfect as far as location goes! Literally a 20 second walk to the food court!

Brook ordered kids chicken fingers and I can't remember what I got. I'm thinking it was soup. From there we strolled down to the dock to visit POR. Guess we strolled a little too slowly because we missed the boat by seconds. By the time we got to POR we were told that Elsie's shift had ended 15 mins earlier. Rats! We missed her! From there we took a bus to the MK and hopped the monorail over to CM's for dinner.
I was able to move it up to 5pm as opposed to 7pm I believe. We decided to hit up the MK afterwards since we had the AP's now and didn't want to get there that late. We arrived 15 mins early and checked in. Decided against a picture, watched the parade of characters and just relaxed. Our buzzer went off first! We were the first ones in and first ones to attack the buffet. We enjoyed the food and desserts, the characters not so much. I had originally booked this meal when I thought Kevin and Mia would be joining us. It was just awkward lol. We are super fast eaters so we left before they could make their rounds again. I explained to the waiter we were supposed to have a child with us so we were more interested in the food.
212017chefm.jpg

She'd kill me if she knew I posted this pic of her with no makeup! After stuffing our traps, Brook did some shopping. She wanted a new pin lanyard and a few other items. When she was done we took the monorail over to the GF so she could stop in Basin, her fave store on prop. That birthday and Christmas money was apparently burning a hole in her pocket. She decided on 5 bath bombs and then we headed over to the MK. We were tired by that point and didn't do much but take in the sights. We had such a nice day, fun, relaxing and always exciting!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Personally I feel bad when I miss seeing the Disney films in the theatres let alone not seeing them at all
I agree that you should see Frozen, Up and Inside out.
Skip Cars 2 - approx. 90 min of your life you will never get back!

Max

My daughter was OBSESSED with Cars when the first one came out. That was her Kindergarten graduation present actually. We saw it in the theaters when it was released. Her birthday party TWO years later was Mater themed. Went to see the 2nd one for 5th grade graduation and we both hated it!

I'm not a movie person at all. I probably haven't seen 90 % of Disney's movies :eek:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 4..Feb 4th...Kevin and Mia arrive!

Today Brook and I were headed to HS for the morning and then picking up my husband and his 10 yr old daughter at the airport. Kevin couldn't take as many vacay days as I could, so we decided he would just meet us halfway thru the trip.

We drove to HS, which was a first for me! I've never driven to a park and was surprised at how easy it was to get around property and park. Rode the tram for the first time ever(that I remember) and off we went! Brook of course was selected for extra screening as one of us usually is. We were running late as usual, and ended up missing our first FP of the day which was RnRc. Did Brook and I get make it back at some point to ride it? I'll give you one guess. NO! Since we had time to kill before our ToT FP we decided to stop in Starbucks and then browse around in a few stores. Brook over heard some people trading pins so she stopped to take a look and ended up getting a LE 800 Sally pin from Cars! She was happy with the trade and off we went.

These are her fave pins. All of her Limited Editions, except the FP ones. Those are her fave and she finally finished the set, with a few duplicates in there. Sally is down there next to Rizzo;)

brookspins.jpg

We couldn't wait to check out PizzeRizzo! Brook has always been a huge Rizzo fan, so we wanted to take lots of pictures inside the restaurant and see if there was any merch for sale. @Tuvalu mentioned there might be some cups for sale so Brook wanted to grab a few. We knew we wouldn't want to eat there based on the menu, but a visit was a must! Did we ever make it there? Nope, of course not. Not once in 9 days! Once again I over scheduled and our day at HS was a bust because we arrived late and had to leave by 12:30 pm to pick my husband up at MCO. They were due to land at 1pm, so of course he texts me when we're about 10 mins away at 12:45 saying they just arrived. The pick-up went smoothly and we decided that Kevin would take a nap and the girls and I would head over to POR for an Elsie visit and a surrey rental. We would meet up around 4 to change for our 5:15 ADR at Spirit of Aloha!

The girls and I drove to POR after dropping Kevin off at FQ. We wandered into the gift shop to check out the pin board and see if Elsie was around. Of course she wasn't LOL and the CM we asked said she was off the next 2 days! I didn't ask for that info, because we're not complete creeps, and frankly I be mad if a co-worker of mine was giving some weirdo's my schedule! Anyway, we headed out out to the rental area and rented a surrey. We laughed the whole time riding it around and had a lot of fun! It was a lot work with a few hills, but still a blast! Excuse my 38 chins. We returned our Surrey after about 25 mins and drove back to FQ to get ready for dinner!

surrey.jpg

21stamps

Day 4..Feb 4th...Kevin and Mia arrive!

Today Brook and I were headed to HS for the morning and then picking up my husband and his 10 yr old daughter at the airport. Kevin couldn't take as many vacay days as I could, so we decided he would just meet us halfway thru the trip.

We drove to HS, which was a first for me! I've never driven to a park and was surprised at how easy it was to get around property and park. Rode the tram for the first time ever(that I remember) and off we went! Brook of course was selected for extra screening as one of us usually is. We were running late as usual, and ended up missing our first FP of the day which was RnRc. Did Brook and I get make it back at some point to ride it? I'll give you one guess. NO! Since we had time to kill before our ToT FP we decided to stop in Starbucks and then browse around in a few stores. Brook over heard some people trading pins so she stopped to take a look and ended up getting a LE 800 Sally pin from Cars! She was happy with the trade and off we went.

These are her fave pins. All of her Limited Editions, except the FP ones. Those are her fave and she finally finished the set, with a few duplicates in there. Sally is down there next to Rizzo;)

View attachment 193650

We couldn't wait to check out PizzeRizzo! Brook has always been a huge Rizzo fan, so we wanted to take lots of pictures inside the restaurant and see if there was any merch for sale. @Tuvalu mentioned there might be some cups for sale so Brook wanted to grab a few. We knew we wouldn't want to eat there based on the menu, but a visit was a must! Did we ever make it there? Nope, of course not. Not once in 9 days! Once again I over scheduled and our day at HS was a bust because we arrived late and had to leave by 12:30 pm to pick my husband up at MCO. They were due to land at 1pm, so of course he texts me when we're about 10 mins away at 12:45 saying they just arrived. The pick-up went smoothly and we decided that Kevin would take a nap and the girls and I would head over to POR for an Elsie visit and a surrey rental. We would meet up around 4 to change for our 5:15 ADR at Spirit of Aloha!

The girls and I drove to POR after dropping Kevin off at FQ. We wandered into the gift shop to check out the pin board and see if Elsie was around. Of course she wasn't LOL and the CM we asked said she was off the next 2 days! I didn't ask for that info, because we're not complete creeps, and frankly I be mad if a co-worker of mine was giving some weirdo's my schedule! Anyway, we headed out out to the rental area and rented a surrey. We laughed the whole time riding it around and had a lot of fun! It was a lot work with a few hills, but still a blast! Excuse my 38 chins. We returned our Surrey after about 25 mins and drove back to FQ to get ready for dinner!

View attachment 193652

Your HS time.. :( hopefully you made it back to that park.

The surrey looks so fun! That's a perfect afternoon!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Sooo... are you taking a resort day, or at least half day, during the August trip?

Can I plead the 5th? I really haven't given it a ton of thought yet. I did decide against making table service ressies every day. We will just do 1 or 2 sit downs which will cut back on the need to race around a little bit;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 4 cont...

Spirit of Aloha has been on my Disney bucket list for a while now, so this was my night! We decided to drive over to the Poly and got there 15-20 mins early! Shocking right? We took our time walking and stopping for a few pics along the way to Luau Cove. We checked in and took a few pics.

luau.jpg

We were starving and ate everything in sight. The show was lots of fun and I'm glad we experienced it, but us once was enough, no need to go back. After dinner we decided to take the monorail over to the MK for a little night action.We hit up Space Mtn and Buzz, then wandered over to Frontierland to ride Splash. First stopping to ride HM. Kevin was tired from travelling, he never did get to take that nap he wanted after landing. So we headed back to the Poly to pick up the car and call it a night.

amjt660

Premium Member
Day 4 cont...

Spirit of Aloha has been on my Disney bucket list for a while now, so this was my night! We decided to drive over to the Poly and got there 15-20 mins early! Shocking right? We took our time walking and stopping for a few pics along the way to Luau Cove. We checked in and took a few pics.

View attachment 193665

We were starving and ate everything in sight. The show was lots of fun and I'm glad we experienced it, but us once was enough, no need to go back. After dinner we decided to take the monorail over to the MK for a little night action.We hit up Space Mtn and Buzz, then wandered over to Frontierland to ride Splash. First stopping to ride HM. Kevin was tired from travelling, he never did get to take that nap he wanted after landing. So we headed back to the Poly to pick up the car and call it a night.
I agree that once was enough for us at this one and (gasp) at Hoop de Do as well
(I know - get the torches and pitchforks - someone thinks that Hoop de Do isn't the best show of all time).
For me it was probably the food at both dinner shows that came up short.
I felt like you paid for a good show and good food
The shows were both entertaining but the food was not a great value for the cost.

Again just my two cents, heading for cover now, expecting an angry mob!!!

Max

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I agree that once was enough for us at this one and (gasp) at Hoop de Do as well
(I know - get the torches and pitchforks - someone thinks that Hoop de Do isn't the best show of all time).
For me it was probably the food at both dinner shows that came up short.
I felt like you paid for a good show and good food
The shows were both entertaining but the food was not a great value for the cost.

Again just my two cents, heading for cover now, expecting an angry mob!!!

Max

I totally agree...we the ate the food but it wasn't the best. We haven't tried Hoop De Doo, so I can't comment on that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom