Trip Report *COMPLETED* Simply Having a Magical Christmastime - Nov/Dec 2022

Hellloooo humans! And Happy Holidays! I had every intention of starting this trip report earlier in the month, but work has been busy busy busy ever since we returned from vacation, and of course we had Christmas preparations as well. Nevertheless, I'm ready to get this report cranked out while the memories are still fresh on my mind! Let's get this party started!

Who: Me (Katie), my husband Jason, and our then 17-month-old son, Lincoln

E57D66CA-79DA-45D8-9BA6-2801A50F29FC.jpeg

When: Sunday, November 27th - Friday, December 2nd

Where: All Star Movies

As I mentioned in my Pre-Trip Report, we're planning to drop down to one trip per year starting in 2023 - a bittersweet decision after several years of J and I being passholders - so we tried to soak up as much of the magic as possible on this trip. Lincoln is at a really fun age, and he had an absolute blast on this trip. We're already looking forward to next year!

Last edited:

muddyrivers

You have no idea how much I enjoy reading your trip reports. The style of your writing and the details you include really help understand what the trip is like without getting too detailed and becoming boring. It's so great that your family enjoys all of your Disney trips and you all seem to have so much fun together no matter whether everything goes to plan or everything goes awry.

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your trip. Some of your photos captured Disney details I knew nothing about, like the Candlelight Processional window display.

Your family is darling. Best wishes for the rest of the year!

P.S. How many days until your next trip report?? ☺️
Thank you so much! And to answer your question - too many! 😂
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
Thank you for being here! :happy:
Thanks for taking the time to write a report. I really enjoyed following along (as I have on your previous ones as well)!!
Of course! Thank you for following along! :happy:
Thanks for sharing. You’re totally right about this being a fun age. Lincoln is a such a cutie. I’m glad you all had a nice trip. And thanks for all of the toddler tips. I should probably re-read this next week.
I'm so excited for you and @annienevells! I can't wait to hear all about your trips!
Great report - loved following along

Looking forward to your next one as we get to watch L grow up at Disney

Max
Thanks Max! We feel so lucky that we get to give him these magical memories!
You have no idea how much I enjoy reading your trip reports. The style of your writing and the details you include really help understand what the trip is like without getting too detailed and becoming boring. It's so great that your family enjoys all of your Disney trips and you all seem to have so much fun together no matter whether everything goes to plan or everything goes awry.

Thank you! That is high praise, considering some of the incredible reporters we have in this little community! ❤️

sheriffwoody

Loved reading about this! We didn't take LP between our newborn trip and 2 years, so we didn't really get this experience you got (we're also not planning to have more kids). It was neat reading about how he did at this age! I personally loved our trip this past May when she was 3.5 the most so far. Up until then each trip just came with so much more stress. It's nice when there's not as much stuff to worry about and they have a more simple schedule. There are other challenges, of course, like her wanting us to buy her every toy. ha!

We've also had to scale back to once a year and it's been hard to stomach, but hey...things could be worse! I'm just glad to get down there at all, but I definitely had FOMO during Food & Wine last year and Festival of the Arts right now.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Loved reading about this! We didn't take LP between our newborn trip and 2 years, so we didn't really get this experience you got (we're also not planning to have more kids). It was neat reading about how he did at this age! I personally loved our trip this past May when she was 3.5 the most so far. Up until then each trip just came with so much more stress. It's nice when there's not as much stuff to worry about and they have a more simple schedule. There are other challenges, of course, like her wanting us to buy her every toy. ha!

We've also had to scale back to once a year and it's been hard to stomach, but hey...things could be worse! I'm just glad to get down there at all, but I definitely had FOMO during Food & Wine last year and Festival of the Arts right now.
Any chance we can get you to start TRs again? I really miss them and some of us are too old to add another form of social media. OK I do have IG but the last time I checked it was 2 years ago.

sheriffwoody

Any chance we can get you to start TRs again? I really miss them and some of us are too old to add another form of social media. OK I do have IG but the last time I checked it was 2 years ago.
🙈 haha maaaaaybe. They're just so much work, I had to quit. Maybe it's just because my memory is so bad, I have to focus on taking a picture of every single thing we do or I'll forget. I might could do an abbreviated version next time. Me and @Doc Disney have had so many conversations about this!

Loco_driver

Looks like you guys had a nice time! We are down to two trips per year, and I’m 100% ok with that. Something I probably wouldn’t have felt before Disney used a global pandemic as an excuse to make the poor decisions they’ve made in the last three years.

k8einwdw

Original Poster

I'm certainly not rushing L growing up, but I'm not going to miss having to lug the pack-n-play with us on every overnight trip 😂 We definitely consider ourselves lucky to be able to go once a year when so many people never get to see a Disney park in their lifetime.
Fun TR as always!! Thanks for sharing!!
I’d love to see pics of Lincoln throughout the year!!😀
Thanks for reading! I'll try to post updates here and there throughout the year!
Thanks for the recommendation on the Mammoth Club Genie video. That was a good watch.
I live by Molly's Genie+ advice!
Looks like you guys had a nice time! We are down to two trips per year, and I’m 100% ok with that. Something I probably wouldn’t have felt before Disney used a global pandemic as an excuse to make the poor decisions they’ve made in the last three years.
I remember thinking we were going to have to cancel our APs a few years ago when they did a massive price increase ahead of Galaxy's Edge opening - I was devastated. Now, I'm fine with once a year. While I'm glad things are slowly returning back to "normal," I agree - the parks re-opened 2.5 years ago, COVID is no longer a valid excuse to charge more money for less of an experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom