Trip Report **COMPLETED** - Should we go, or should we postpone? We made it to WDW!

Hello everyone!!

It has been awhile since I have posted a thread. In fact, the last one I posted was one year ago and it was a pre-trip report for our first Disney cruise that would later be cancelled. We began planning for this trip, not knowing what the future would hold. I have to say, that the months leading up to this trip, I began wondering if it was meant to be. A few months ago, my husband and I both came down with the dreaded virus. It took us a full two weeks to really get over it. I was worried about our son, but he never showed any signs, but of course had to quarantine with us. Then a couple weeks later, they had a break out of the stomach virus at his school. He recovered, then after 3 days back in school, he caught it again! I went back and forth with cancelling because I didn't want him to miss anymore school, but he worked really hard to catch up and his teachers have been very supportive. With that being said, we were all healthy again, so off to WDW we went!! I'm happy to share our trip with you all and hope that you all enjoy. We had a fantastic time!

Dates: Friday, April 23rd - Saturday, May 1st
Where: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Who: Me (Heather), my DH (Josh) and my DS (Cam)

IMG_3343.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
I started watching Soul. I got about 30 minutes in, but I couldn't get into it. So I just listened to music the rest of the way. Should I go back to it and finish the movie??
Add me to the list
It might have won the Oscar (maybe that was the intent after Frozen 2 not winning?) but it not a very entertaining , captivating movie

And I also loved Raya

Great start

Folllowing along

Max

littleroo

Thank you all for joining in and for your opinions on Soul. That's a bummer! But saves me time from trying to go back and give it another chance. I will go ahead and give it a pass.

We did watch Raya recently. I thought it was great.
Good to know! We have not watched that yet! I am sure my daughter will watch it 100 times so I have been delaying as long as possible 😆

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Saturday, April 24th

Rise and Shine! It was our first park day. We were going to Epcot, so we really didn't need to rise and shine too early. I usually do not sleep well in hotel rooms, mainly because I'm used to sleeping with a ceiling fan. I find hotel rooms to be stuffy and then I can hear everything in the halls, etc. This time I packed a small fan and it was life changing. I will be doing this from now on. I slept so good. I got up and showered and dressed while the boys still slept. By the time I got out, they were awake, but still relaxing in bed. We did a mobile order for breakfast from Ale and Compass, so I made my way down to the lobby.

IMG_3288.jpg

Yacht Club carpet is my favorite!
IMG_3283 (1).jpg

I also really liked this little courtyard that was right around the corner from our room.
IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

Food wasn't ready yet so I stopped by the Front Desk to tell them about my magic band still not working on the door. They couldn't figure out a reason because everything was showing up correctly, but they did a recode thing again. I explained my phone wasn't always working either. Basically, I was told that since Cam's band had been working on the door that we should just use his. That was a little frustrating, but I moved on and picked up our breakfast.

Cam and I both got the kid's meal of Mickey Waffle and bacon. We also got a sunbutter cookie. He was excited about that because he's allergic to nuts and eats sunbutter all the time. Josh got the blueberry/bacon pancakes. I didn't get a pic of his, but the portion was huge. I don't even think he could finish half of it.
IMG_3291.jpg

Cam ate his on the balcony. He absolutely loved having a balcony and told his Daddy that he always wants one when he comes to Disney from now on. :joyfull:
IMG_3292.jpg

We booked the Garden/Woods view and ended up with a Woods view. It was fine and very peaceful actually.
IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

I was happy the room had a Keurig. I brought my own Community Coffee k-cups from home and ordered some half and half from Amazon Prime. I thought the disposable cups were cute. I sat out on the balcony enjoying my coffee while the boys got ready.

IMG_3296.jpg

We found a note that was slid under the door on our way out. Josh and I celebrated our 4th anniversary on 4/22.
IMG_3293.jpg

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Cam's OOTD :inlove: He ditched the hat before we ever made it into EPCOT.
IMG_3298.jpg

Hubby does not smile under his mask, ha!
IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

No worries, we made sure to wash those little hands after this. This was the biggest struggle over the course of the trip. Kids want to touch EVERYTHING. At least my kid does. Lots of hand sanitizer was used.

IMG_3300.jpg

This view never got old!
IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

On the way, we stopped by the Beach Club gift shop. Cam has been watching youtube vlogs and he wanted to pin trade this trip. We bought him a lanyard there and a pack of pins to get started. Here he is showing off his new pins.
IMG_3305.jpg

We were in line by 10am and was let in about 30 min later.
IMG_3306.jpg

We decided to rope drop Test Track as our first ride of the trip, per Cam's request. He loves Test Track. It feels so different rope dropping from International Gateway.
IMG_3309.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We walked right on!
IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

Cam missed being able to design his car, so he pretended he designed this one. While on the ride, any car that was in 1st place was his!
IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3341.JPG

Fun fact: I drive this same Traverse. Mine is identical to this one.
IMG_3313.jpg

We hiked around the green walls to Soarin' next. Judging from my hair already pulled up and my fan on, you can tell how hot and muggy it was. These fans were so nice. I can't tell you how many people stopped and asked us about them. I bought them for $10 on Amazon and they charge by USB.

IMG_3320.jpg

After flying around the world, we hopped on over to Living with the Land. I bet you didn't see that coming!

IMG_3321.jpg

I placed a mobile order for Sunshine Seasons while on the boat and it was ready for pick up by the time we were getting off. I apologize, I wasn't the best with food pics or ride pics. Now, Cam is SUPER picky when it comes to food. I believe I've mentioned in previous reports that he has suffered from acid reflux since he was born. It took years to figure out what he could and could not eat, so him getting sick so much has really made it to where he doesn't want to try a lot of foods. He's gotten somewhat better this past year with trying new things, but not much. I didn't want to worry about trying to find him stuff, so when I did my grocery order, I ordered him some sandwich stuff and some snacks to pack with us daily incase we needed it. I ordered myself the Land Crusher which was pulled pork and cheddar on Texas Toast. This was so good! If you like a tangy, vinegar base BBQ, you will enjoy this. I wasn't expecting it to be so delicious. Josh ordered a cheeseburger. When we sat down and Cam saw our food, he immediately wanted the cheeseburger and not his packed lunch. Josh gave him his burger and he ate half my sandwich instead, which was huge anyway. This began the cheeseburger tour around WDW.

After lunch, we headed over to see Figment!
IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

littleroo

Ok love the fan around the neck! That is right up my alley. I, also, bring a fan wherever I go! Lol! I can't sleep without it.

If it makes you feel any better, my Cam touched every square inch of Disney and Universal. I talked until I was blue in the face. Gotta love lysol wipes and hand sanitizer!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Ok love the fan around the neck! That is right up my alley. I, also, bring a fan wherever I go! Lol! I can't sleep without it.

If it makes you feel any better, my Cam touched every square inch of Disney and Universal. I talked until I was blue in the face. Gotta love lysol wipes and hand sanitizer!

I highly recommend the neck fan. I can't believe I've never thought to pack a fan for the room before.

That does make me feel better. I'm not a germaphobe by any means, but some things are just gross!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Afterwards, we walked over to the Seas. I wanted to go into the butterfly exhibit, but the line was crazy long so we kept walking. It has been YEARS since I've been upstairs in the Seas pavilion. So long that I didn't remember it at all. We saw the manatees being fed and Cam was dying laughing over the name Lil Joe. He still talks about it. We explored the tanks. We really enjoyed this.
IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg
IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

On our way out, Cam made his first pin trade!
IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We stopped for some PP pics:
IMG_3342.JPG

IMG_3345.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

IMG_3352.JPG

Cam LOVES Orange Bird so he was soooo excited to see this magic shot!

I know that we road Mission Space Green, but I have no photo evidence. I do not do well on this ride. :depressed: I don't do well with screens and simulators, but this trip it seemed worse. Even on rides that never bothered me in the past. I experienced a lot more motion sickness than ever have. I did bring some of that oil you put behind your ear and it helped some. Josh gets motion sickness as well, but Mission Space Green didn't bother him.

Next, was Norway...well China to get in line, then traveled back to Norway. I timed it and we waited 40 minutes from Frozen.
IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3357.JPG

At this point, I was hot and needed a snack. I knew exactly what I wanted to try. We headed to America so that I could get the mini funnel cake for Flower and Garden. It was just ok for me, sadly. It was refreshing but the ice cream is supposed to be lemon cheesecake and I didn't taste much lemon.
IMG_3350.jpg

We walked through the Soul exhibit to cool off and ended up watching the American Adventure show that was about to begin. Word to the wise, make your child use the bathroom BEFORE a show. I learned my lesson from there on out. We luckily escaped an accident by mere seconds! If you saw a mom and her son racing from American Adventure to the bathrooms across the courtyard, that is why....

IMG_3351.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
A few days before our trip, we were discussing what we were most looking forward too. Other than spending time as a family, we each said 3 things we were most excited about. At the top of my husband's list sat Via Napoli. Y'all, he loves it. I know it can be hit or miss, but we've always had a good experience. But....today was the day where we saw the miss side of things. We always get the huge pizza because my husband can put down some pizza. Cam has to get his own because he can't have sauce.

Excited for his pizza:
IMG_3353.jpg

It wasn't long before the big daddy arrived:
IMG_3354.jpg

The first piece I ate was the corner piece and it was delicious, but as I moved onto the second piece it was sooo soggy to the point where it was like the dough was raw. It was impossible to hold and eat so I kind of tried to fold it and eat it like a calzone, but you know that feeling you get when you start getting grossed out by something and you just can't do it. I really did feel like I was eating raw, greasy dough, then my stomach started cramping and I just couldn't do it. So out of this entire thing I ate a corner piece and a bite from another. Josh pushed through and ate more, but we still had more than half the pizza left over.

The pizza wasn't sitting right with me so we decided to go back to the resort. We took a little rest in the room and decided to go down for an evening swim. The water was sooo cold!
IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

Josh and I were sitting in the chairs and he was telling me that his stomach was now hurting so we decided to go back to the room. After an hour or so, mine finally started to ease up and we went to sleep. Josh on the other hand was up all night. I won't go into details to gross anyone out, but let's just say he had a rough night. He claims he got food poisoning, but I don't know. I had an upset stomach too, but I didn't eat as much and I didn't get violently ill from it either. He was only sick overnight, and I would think food poisoning would last longer, but I'm not an expert. He felt better in the morning, just very exhausted from the night.

cgersic

If it were me, I would at least tell them at Via Napoli about your experience. Especially since you started feeling it at the table. Most restaurants want to know just in case they have something that may be spoiling or cleaning needing to be done. So sorry about the experience - it's one of my favorites as well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom