Trip Report **completed**Our not so perfect, but good enough July 2021 trip

Hi, all! It took me much longer to get this started than I wanted, but my computer decided it didn't have room for any more of my photos and I had to get an external hard drive and transfer some in order to start! We've also been a little busy getting everything ready for Logan to leave for Iowa in 2 weeks!

So, if you didn't follow along with my PTR, we were supposed to be on a cruise to celebrate Logan's HS graduation, but instead had to switch gears and decided to spend a few days at WDW.

Now, the specifics:
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, Logan (18), Lily (16), and Owen (13)
737734427.jpeg

Where: Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Pop Century

When: July 11-20, 2021

Why: as I previously mentioned, this trip was to celebrate Logan's HS graduation. He asked for a cruise, so I do have another one scheduled for next June and we quickly threw together the Disney portion of this trip (so I guess we can call this his preliminary graduation trip!!)

We had some truly magical moments on this trip and some definitively un-magical moments as well! Unfortunately, our first day held one of the most un-magical moments.

We drove from Ohio and always try to leave very early to try to avoid as much traffic as possible. We set an alarm for midnight and our goal was to leave the house between 1 and 1:30 am. We were spot on!
20210711_011339.jpg

We made a quick stop at McDonald's for Cokes and were on our way. It was smooth sailing all the way to northern Florida. We even made it through Atlanta with no drama or slow downs!!
20210711_121511.jpg

Florida was stop and go the whole way, but we still made decent time and were pulling in to Cabana Bay Beach Resort about 4:00 which was about 1-1.5 hours later than we had anticipated, so not too bad! However, that is official check in time, and the parking area was a mess, as was the lobby!
20210711_155943.jpg

Luckily, they had sent me an email that allowed me to check in prior to arrival and that line was fairly short! The regular line was wrapped all the way around the lobby and was said to be 2 hours long! Brian dropped me off and found a parking spot that he probably shouldn't have been in to wait for me and sent Logan in to the lobby to guide me back to the car!

Now for the most un-magical moment of our trip! I had booked a 2 bedroom volcano view suite as a surprise for Logan since it was his celebration trip and I thought it would be cool to see the volcano lit up at night and watch all the activity in the park from our room. I paid way more than I normally would for a room, but felt it was a reasonable splurge. Well, we get to our room which happened to be on the second floor and this was our view:
20210711_164849.jpg

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

Yes, that is the back of a service building and the very tip of the volcano!! I don't understand how they can charge the same amount of money for this view as they can for the higher floor rooms (which I did request)! They need a lower partial or obstructed view charge for the rooms on this floor. I did say something and no one cared at all and basically told me to stuff it! Needless to say, we won't be back there any time soon!

MickeyCB

And these are the lines for ToT and RnRC when we exited. Both were well over an hour wait!!
IMG_3940.JPG
Don't you love it when a plan falls together! 🤣
Love all of the ToT pics.
I've always wondered if Disney uses all of that space in the various buildings, the rides, stores etc.? Maybe offices or something?
But I've also tried to picture having an office in ToT and while you are on the phone constantly saying, hold a minute, "Ahhhhhhh", ok, what were you saying?

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
LOVE your pictures :)
Thanks!
Don't you love it when a plan falls together! 🤣
Love all of the ToT pics.
I've always wondered if Disney uses all of that space in the various buildings, the rides, stores etc.? Maybe offices or something?
But I've also tried to picture having an office in ToT and while you are on the phone constantly saying, hold a minute, "Ahhhhhhh", ok, what were you saying?
Good one!
Thank you!
I would LOVE to work in an office in ToT!!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We made sure to ride the Fearless River (a lazy river with lots of currents and other obstacles) since it was closed the day we were there last year and was a favorite for everyone.
View attachment 576209
View attachment 576210
View attachment 576212
View attachment 576213
View attachment 576214
View attachment 576215
View attachment 576216
View attachment 576217
View attachment 576218
View attachment 576219
Getting myself caught up. Thanks for these pics, they're ringing back some great memories. The Fearless River was quite possibly our family's favorite thing on our two last trips.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
What's with flannel shirt guy?? How can anyone wear long sleeves in the hot Florida sun? I mean, in the restaurants where the AC is set to Arctic, I can understand it, but outside in the blazing sunshine...yikes!
There were multiple people in long pants and long sleeves that I have no idea how they were surviving!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Getting myself caught up. Thanks for these pics, they're ringing back some great memories. The Fearless River was quite possibly our family's favorite thing on our two last trips.
Thanks for reading! We all have loved the Fearless River since our first trip and were very disappointed when it was closed for the day on our last trip. We were so happy it was open this year!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Logan is back in Iowa, I finished my Christmas decorating yesterday, and Brian, Lily, and Owen are at a 5k Turkey Trot right now in the freezing cold, so this is a good time for me to work on this trip report!! Sorry it is taking me so long!

So, we were leaving HS and decided to take a boat to Epcot because it was just too darn hot to walk like we would normally do!
IMG_4007.JPG

IMG_4008.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

IMG_4010.JPG

As we were walking to the dock, a boat pulled away! So we ended up first in line for the next one.
IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4014.JPG

IMG_4015.JPG

We chose to sit on the open air back of the boat to try to catch a little breeze!
IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4017.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom