Trip Report COMPLETED - (live) Building Castles in the Sky

Songbird76

I told A we only had enough time for one more ride before dinner. Just one. Pick whatever, but only one. Of course, ... She wanted the baby doll ride again... It's only a five minute standby so we hop in line and walk directly into a boat.
View attachment 410689

The minute the boat touches the water, A says "Whoops!! I forgot to go to the bathroom!!"

Me: can you hold it? We can't really get off the boat right now...

A: it's okay, I'll just hold it in with my hands!!

Me: 😐😐

I ask you, what's worse than being stuck in a slow moving boat ride with a tiny human threatening to explode pee on you??! Actually getting STUCK on the slow moving boat ride with a tiny human threatening to explode pee on you. That's worse. And after a few minutes of not moving, she also started complaining that the song was annoying😂😂 I've been trying to tell you that for years, kid 😂😂
View attachment 410694

Finally we finish the ride and can make a break for the bathrooms. We book it up the ramp with my kid embarrassingly "holding her pee in" with her hands and we're greeted with this
View attachment 410695

A torrential summer downpour. Okay, i say the kid, can you hold it a few minutes to this can pass?? How bad do you need to pee?!? She replies TWENTY which for some reason is the number that means a LOT to her right now. I sigh heavily. Okay kids. Let's make a dash for it.

We run over to Rapunzel's bathrooms and had to "elbow" our way in because a sizeable group of people were taking shelter and didn't want to let anyone else in. We finally get inside and i get this kid on the toilet, and two full minutes later she says .. Whoops!! I guess i didn't need to go!!

😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

Really?!??

We were soaking wet, so we puddle jumped our way to the resort monorail to catch our ADR
View attachment 410700
View attachment 410701
View attachment 410702
I know I really shouldn't laugh, but she cracks me up! Are you sure she didn't just pee while you were running? If you got soaked anyway, you wouldn't know the difference. We were once in the car, driving through a canyon, and when we finally got out of the canyon, DS suddenly said "Oh no! I REALLY have to pee!" and then we hear "pshhhhh" Too late. He didn't even give us time to pull the car over. And it was a rental car.

fractal

In the bathroom at the Grand Floridian I got A changed for dinner with a brand new Cinderella gown 😘😘 She was in heaven. There's a really cool Photopass booth set up by the Grand Floridian gift shop, and he had no line, so after buying more shampoo bars at Basin we headed to spend some time with him
View attachment 410703
View attachment 410704
View attachment 410706
View attachment 410707

We checked in to 1900 Park Fare but the restaurant wasn't quite open yet. We enjoyed some pog juice slushy while we waited
View attachment 410708

Then headed inside for some characters and food. And man, we ate a LOT of food. It was clear that everyone else had eaten responsible meals throughout the day, but A and i had only had bars and snacks. We were the only ones up at the buffet for at least the first ten minutes.

A's plate
View attachment 410709
Corn bread, chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, corn, and assorted melons. She ate all but one chicken nugget, all the melon, the entire chunk of cornbread, and about a third of the mac.

My plate
View attachment 410710

Salmon, green beans, melon, roasted cauliflower, butternut squash ravioli, zoodles, and a chunk of cornbread (that later got sacrificed to A's monstrous appetite)

Maybe we were both starving. The heat makes us both dislike eating, so maybe the AC finally cooled us down enough to feel it. Either way, everything was so amazing. So so amazing. Especially those zoodles.

I also had the strawberry soup, which is basically a smoothie you eat with a spoon
View attachment 410711

And i tried a pina colava because everyone raves about them here. It's basically a smoothie you eat with a straw. But it was coyingly sweet. I couldn't drink it. It was pretty though!!
View attachment 410712

Not really sure what A is doing there 😂😂

Adorable!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Okay, okay, we used Gatorade powder 😂😂 but don't tell A. I managed to get the powder into the bottles while she was distracted with her toys, and made her say magic words when i shook the bottles 😂😂 so she thinks it's magic 😂😂 I'm glad i bright these powder packets with us. I wasn't going to buy them for the trip because they were almost a dollar each on Amazon, but they were a game changer today and made a huge difference in both how we felt and how quickly we drank water.

What a smart idea to do this. I can't stand heat and humidity, and drinks like Gatorade help to replenish electrolytes. That would absolutely make you and A feel better in the heat. :happy:

Minnesota disney fan

Well, I have been laughing all alone. A is so funny. And I meant it when I said she is intelligent. Those quick comebacks are really a sign of this. I know. My grandson was the same way. You could get nothing by him, even at age 3! His teachers told us this, and they were right:) I love watching the fun time you are both having. Makes me remember the fun and awe of it all with my own kids and grandkids. Thanks:)

MySmallWorldof4

Another consideration is that our dog, Lulu, will have to go to the kennel this trip. Last year she basically forgot all about us while staying with our friends

View attachment 410258

But having Lulu for a week made our friends want a dog, so they have since adopted a really sweet girl from a rescue we volunteer with ❤❤

Our other friend that watches Lulu sometimes has a new Foster named Peanut. Peanut was found abandoned in an alleyway at around six weeks old with her head kicked in. Humans sometimes are the worst. At the time she could only walk in circles, was completely blind, and was bleeding the brain, eyes, and nose. Since receiving treatment, love, and caring, she's turned into a rowdy sweet pup who continues to heal more every day. She now runs and plays and can walk forward instead of only in circles!!

View attachment 410261

She's almost well enough to start looking for a forever home!! Obviously this sweet girl needs my friend more than Lulu, so Lulu gets the kennel 😂😂 I do have a friend that will come walk her though so she won't be entirely cooped up all week. But I still feel guilty about this.

I am going to make a plea here though, that if you're able to foster dogs please look into your local rescues. And if you're looking for a pet, adopt from a rescue or a shelter or responsible breeder ❤❤
What a horrible story about the poor pup. Glad she is doing so much better!

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 410409

No airport Mickey so you'll have to make due with the resort patriotic Mickey!! We made it. Also, my kid that doesn't sleep outside of her bed literally every slept almost the entire flight!!

We sunscreened up and we're on a bus to the monorail!! I got the normal chemical sunscreen for the trip from the travel section, and i was so shocked how easily it spreads!! Much easier to apply than the zinc stuff 😂😂
I bought Think Baby sunscreen for our August Florida trip. It actually spreads on easily. Try it next time. I managed to find it discounted on Amazon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom