Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday and We Will Stay DVC If We Want To

Hello everyone!
We just got back from the World on Saturday night so it's time to start my Trip Report!

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and myself Megan
IMG_2148.JPG

Where?
The Beach Club Villas! It was our first DVC stay (hence the title) and we loved it!
DSC_0016.JPG

When?
August 9-17, 2019

Why?
Also as the title indicates it was my Mom's Birthday!

Day 1 August 9, 2019
We stayed at a hotel across from the airport the night before since our flight was pretty early and it was cheaper than parking my car at the airport. Plus it was Southwest Points :) So, we got ourselves out of bed at 3:30 am 😴
I completely forgot I said I would make the sign we usually use for our trip so I grabbed some computer paper from the hotel printers and my Mom made a makeshift one :joyfull:
DSC_0059.JPG

Could not keep my eyes open so we ended up with this one :joyfull:
DSC_0061.JPG

The hotel said that they would have to put us in a taxi because their shuttle did not run between midnight and 5 am. I was worried about getting all of our luggage into a taxi but when we went up to the desk around 4 am they had the shuttle ready. Hooray!
The Southwest Counter was not open when we got to the airport but it opened within a few minutes. Our luggage was checked and TSA precheck was open so we made it through security very quickly.
We stopped for our usual breakfast of bagels but they only had one so we got a bagel and a croissant
DSC_0064.JPG

The croissant was not very good but we were good with just the bagel :)
We headed to our gate and the therapy dog Jake was there! He usually does not start until 9 am but his owner knew a family flying to Disney so he brought him in. Of course I had to get a picture
dI++uGtxSXiUH5Gv2wscRg.jpg

Waiting to board our plane
yNvQ3LcUReeUH6s+rVXDvw.jpg

We boarded the plane super fast! We were in row 2!
PgPpQLOnTN22lwvax5LYVA.jpg

Gang is all here
otPvqHLbQjGsKMsG3V0+Lw.jpg

Magic Bands!
dtCjmYi1QFqJAe23vDbsUw.jpg

The entire plane was boarded by 5:55 except 2 passengers - so we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule except that we had to wait for them for about 10 minutes. It was a bit annoying and we ended up leaving a little late.

Next up: more traveling

Last edited:

monykalyn

Good spot for parade! We were at same party but watched the parade from Frontierland. My daughter may have been in cosmic rays at same time as you guys trying to get a Lotso burger - they messed up her order-twice!-so it took 45 minutes. We were also in that long PotC line a small it didn’t open until late, think we waited around 35 minutes. But the actors were entertaining. My dd is huge Pirates fan, and had a friend working there so it was a must do:rolleyes:. We had my 4 yo grandson with us and he did great in the line- we’d hit some ToT stations prior lol! Fireworks were neat as was castle show.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I believe so. I was there last year & don't recall seeing it.
What pops in my head while I'm looking at your parade pictures?
"Boo to You"--I think that song is going to be stuck in my head all day!! :hilarious:

Thanks for answering ! And yep...that song is always stuck in my head :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Good spot for parade! We were at same party but watched the parade from Frontierland. My daughter may have been in cosmic rays at same time as you guys trying to get a Lotso burger - they messed up her order-twice!-so it took 45 minutes. We were also in that long PotC line a small it didn’t open until late, think we waited around 35 minutes. But the actors were entertaining. My dd is huge Pirates fan, and had a friend working there so it was a must do:rolleyes:. We had my 4 yo grandson with us and he did great in the line- we’d hit some ToT stations prior lol! Fireworks were neat as was castle show.

Aw man I feel like it was so nuts in Cosmic Rays no wonder it took so long!
Glad to know the POTC line is not too bad. We may ride it this next trip with my nephew who is also 4 :)
Can't wait to see the fireworks next time!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 August 17, 2019
Why do Disney days always go by so much faster? We could barely believe it was the end of our trip already :(
Anyway, we got up, finished packing and dropped our suitcases and carry-ons off.
We stopped at the Marketplace for a nutritious breakfast :inlove::joyfull:
I got this vanilla dome thing - the inside was also super cool looking !
IMG_5978.JPG

IMG_5982.JPG

Maybe it was a bit rich for breakfast but it was delicious !
My Mom got this cupcake which was also vanilla. She enjoyed it!
IMG_5980.JPG

Then we hopped on the bus to MK!
497885407.jpeg

We decided to Rope Drop Jungle Cruise because we never seem to ride it
DSC_0900.JPG

DSC_0904.JPG

DSC_0906.JPG

DSC_0908.JPG

DSC_0911.JPG

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
We were walking by Pooh and Tigger and they were scheduled to come out in 10 minutes with no one in line so....
Naturally we waited ...
DSC_0930.JPG

It actually seems like a last day tradition on our long trips to meet them anyway :)
497974055.jpeg

497973948.jpeg

We had a bit of time before our last FP so we figured we would try our luck at Carousel of Progress again
IMG_5986.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

Phew we made it through this time !
Last FP for the morning was for Buzz...of course...we are obsessed with this ride :hilarious:
498018860.jpeg

Then we headed over to Main Street for another last day thing we tend to do...Tony's!
We were seated in our favorite sun room. Usually its freezing in there but for once it was actually quite pleasant !
IMG_5990.JPG

IMG_5992.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3ca4.jpeg

IMG_5994.JPG

Next up: more Tony's

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
Our waitress' name was Sophie and she was so sweet! She felt awful for us when we told her we were leaving later in the day.
I feel like I was unreasonably hungry so we decided to order an appetizer which we almost never do unless we are sharing an entree
We got the Spinach Dip
Trio of Oven-roasted Cheeses blended with Fresh Herbs and Spinach served with Toasted Ciabatta Bread
IMG_5998.JPG

OMG - it was amazing !!!! It was mostly cheese and you all know I love cheese so it was a perfect match :p
For entrees I got the Gnocchi Primavera
IMG_5999.JPG

And my Mom got the spaghetti and meatballs
IMG_6001.JPG

YUM! Everything was fantastic. Sadly, after lunch, we had to head out of the MK.
The sky looked awful!
IMG_6003.JPG

IMG_6005.JPG

Bye Magic Kingdom :cry::cry:
IMG_6006.JPG

We weren't done though - we hopped over to the Epcot monorail
DSC_0944.JPG

You could tell it was going to rain. It was very breezy and actually pretty chilly. The monorail came along..but not soon enough because we spent the entire time waiting and the entire time on the monorail listening to a couple fight over....a.....pacifier. Yep. They forgot the pacifier in the car (which was not that far away they could have probably gotten it) and it was World War 3. So awkward :facepalm: I feel like you can probably even buy one at Epcot but whatever.
Anyway, when we got off and it started to pour.
IMG_6009.JPG

We waited under cover for it a bit but ended up needing to go out into it so we would make our FP on time. Of course we did not have the sandals we usually wear in the rain so we were walking slow as molasses to get to the Character Spot (flip flops can be real slippery). We were soaked by the time we got there :confused:
Here is me awkwardly telling Mickey my shirt is from DL :hilarious: He pointed it out!
498182569.jpeg

498183298.jpeg

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
Why are these PP pictures always so dark and weird in the Character Spot?
498281212.jpeg

498185261.jpeg

You could tell the rain was almost over so we hobbled over to Figment to hopefully wait out the rest of the rain
DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0950.JPG

It worked as it was as sunny as could be when we got out!
We headed towards World Showcase after this
We decided a trip on the Gran Fiesta Tour was a must
DSC_0959.JPG

IMG_6014.JPG

DSC_0963.JPG

DSC_0964.JPG

DSC_0965.JPG

The fact that there is always a "fiesta hoy" is a running joke in our family :joyfull:
IMG_6017.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
DSC_0971.JPG

Then we headed to Germany for.... another Wishing Well photo? We started our trip with one so figured we would end with one :hilarious:
498253789.jpeg

IMG_6027.JPG

What were were actually in Germany for was a sea salt caramel for my Mom
IMG_6019.JPG

IMG_6020.JPG

Then we stopped in France so I could get a sugar crepe
IMG_6021.JPG

It was OK. I don't really love crepes so I don't know why I keep buying them :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Then we figured we should sadly head out and back to the hotel :(
We had some time before our DME so we walked around taking photos
Prepare yourselves for an onslaught of Beach Club photos....
IMG_6031.JPG

DSC_0974.JPG

DSC_0975.JPG

DSC_0976.JPG

Next up: more photos

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

All aboard the Tragical Depressed :cry::cry:
BzpLG%YFSaSshb02mD7dYA.jpg

But when you are coming back in 4 weeks!
bldUAbHBTk+P5CKGQFP0aQ.jpg

And that's it!
IMG_6036.JPG

Thank you everyone for following along ! We had the best trip ever !!! We LOVED the Beach Club so much. We will definitely be back someday :inlove::inlove::inlove: We also enjoyed our first DVC stay and can not wait for many more years of DVC stays to come!

In other news...I have several trips coming up and I may or may not be writing Trip Reports (leaning towards may not). I am on the fence because they are super time consuming (first World problems) but I love writing them. :cry::cry: We shall see. If you are interested though I will definitely be on my IG and you can follow my trips there! D.O.Disney :)

slipperalwaysfits

My sister Jill sent her some toasting glasses and champagne !
So sweet of your sister and lucky you for getting to be on a trip with your mom celebrating!

The confetti was back! There was a brief time where they stopped putting confetti on the table
Mickey confetti makes Disney celebrations extra special! I still have the Mickey confetti from when we got engaged at the Castle!

a blueberry lemon drop martini
MUST. REMEMBER. TO. TRY. THIS!!! 😍😍
She was SO surprised and excited! She did not even know these existed. I really only knew thanks to @blreinsel and the DVC website :)
IT IS SO FUN to surprise people! I tend to get so excited I can't keep the surprise a surprise!

We also got to watch the Electrical Water Pageant from the boat which I was thrilled with. I LOVE the EWP :)

What a cool experience to watch it from the water!!!

Overall my Mom said it was her best Birthday ever
SO AWESOME of you to make the birthday the best for your mom! :geek::geek::geek::geek: What a wonderful memory for you two!

Betta called and asked my Mom and I if we would like to join her and Max in September for her Birthday. She found some very cheap flights and offered to pay for all of the hotel :) Of course we said yes - so now we will also be in Disney this month too!

Awesome! So you won't need DVC? or it's not worth it to use it?
Did not figure out where the camera was until after this ride

But first....my Mom had to vacuum
This made me laugh because vacuuming is the one chore I can't stand at home, I'd never do it on vacation unless I spilled chips or something! I think I just hate lugging the vacuum around the house!

Anyway, when we got off and it started to pour.
Of course we did not have the sandals we usually wear in the rain so we were walking slow as molasses to get to the Character Spot (flip flops can be real slippery
TRUTH! One day it poured the whole day at EPCOT for us and I didn't have my KEENS yet so I flipflopped it. Super slippery but much better than wet tennis shoes.
(first World problems) but I love writing them.

I LOVE reading your reports! If you don't do one for Sept, hopefully you do one for Nov! I know it's a lot of work but I love reading about something so fun for all of us! :geek::bookworm: It's much easier than digesting news of the world.

In any case, have a wonderful trip!

BrerWayne

Day 9 continued
View attachment 407948
View attachment 407949
View attachment 407950
View attachment 407951
View attachment 407952
View attachment 407953

All aboard the Tragical Depressed :cry::cry:
View attachment 407954
But when you are coming back in 4 weeks!
View attachment 407955
And that's it!
View attachment 407956

Thank you everyone for following along ! We had the best trip ever !!! We LOVED the Beach Club so much. We will definitely be back someday :inlove::inlove::inlove: We also enjoyed our first DVC stay and can not wait for many more years of DVC stays to come!

In other news...I have several trips coming up and I may or may not be writing Trip Reports (leaning towards may not). I am on the fence because they are super time consuming (first World problems) but I love writing them. :cry::cry: We shall see. If you are interested though I will definitely be on my IG and you can follow my trips there! D.O.Disney :)
Great trip report as always. It makes me so sad that you are not going to write on for your next trip. Everytime I check trip reports and see that you have started a new one, I get excited. At one time in life I went to Disney once a year, always staying somewhere new. Then life showed up. So by following your trip reports I kinda feel like I am there. Weird, I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom