Trip Report Completed: How to Avoid a Rebel Invasion: a dual August trip report

Hello all! It's pre-trip report time, title explanation to follow!

Who:
IMG_20171003_015252.jpg

That's all of us back in August of 2017 at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
From the left: SIL @NessNewt, myself with my younger niece E on my lap, mom C, bf P, my now middle child R, my oldest hiding his head T, with older niece L in front of him, and my brother Z. We're all going back and we're bringing this cutie:
B8.JPG

It's baby E's first trip! Well, outside the womb that is. Lol
Where: Pop Century for Me (K), P, baby E, C, R, and T
Coronado Springs for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
When: August 10-16 for Myself, P, baby E, C,R and T
August 14-21 for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
We're getting out before Star Wars Land opens and the masses flood the parks, hence the first part of our trip title. And @NessNewt and I will both be reporting, so it's kind of like 2 trips in one!

Last edited:

krisri18

Original Poster

We're all doing the single digit countdown dance!

Packing is underway, attempting to only have to check one bag for my crew since we are flying JetBlue down but Southwest home. We'll see how well that works. And I'm currently breaking in my new sneakers at work!

Rista1313

We're all doing the single digit countdown dance!

Packing is underway, attempting to only have to check one bag for my crew since we are flying JetBlue down but Southwest home. We'll see how well that works. And I'm currently breaking in my new sneakers at work!

You could always pack a smaller bag and nest it in the bigger bag, that way you'll have 2 for the way home.

krisri18

Original Poster
You could always pack a smaller bag and nest it in the bigger bag, that way you'll have 2 for the way home.
Definitely a good idea!
Currently my older boys are trying to cram all their stuff in carry-on suitcases and a backpack each. My mom, C, is flying down Southwest because she had points so she's going to take a suitcase for us since she's only taking one cuz the one she owns is huge (seriously, E fits in it ). So that gets us another bag! I just don't want to have to spend $100 on checking luggage if I can help it. Lol

Rista1313

Definitely a good idea!
Currently my older boys are trying to cram all their stuff in carry-on suitcases and a backpack each. My mom, C, is flying down Southwest because she had points so she's going to take a suitcase for us since she's only taking one cuz the one she owns is huge (seriously, E fits in it ). So that gets us another bag! I just don't want to have to spend $100 on checking luggage if I can help it. Lol

Nice! That's a great idea!

NessNewt

Plans Updated:

On Saturday we are no longer starting at MK with a pre park BOG. My L really wanted an Akershus meal so we will be at rope drop at Epcot and then having an Akershus breakfast mid morning after a few rides.

Sunday night has changed a lot, but we finally decided to let the adults in our group go have a nice late lunch/was dinner at The Boathouse and Z and I will lay low with the girls. Our late SDD fastpass may or may not happen - we might just have a pool night with our family. We'll see where priorities are and I'll be sure to release it if it looks like we aren't going to use it!

Our Tuesday is still a little bit in flux. Our morning and fastpasses haven't changed but I made a last minute 5:30 PM Le Cellier dinner reservation for Z and I. We were thinking of signing the girls up for the Captain Hook's pirate club. K also mentioned Club Dolphin as a childcare option. Z and I will have been together for 10 years that week and we'd like to celebrate, but I'm scared to book anything until we see how worn out our children are at that point.

For our last day I got rid of our O'hana breakfast, but kept Crystal Palace lunch.

I felt like a lot more had changed but I think it's just that with so many people and opinions it always feels like you're altering plans!

8 days for us!

NessNewt

Cast of Characters Part 1

M, K2, P2
K2 and P2 are my step siblings, C2's kids. M is P2's boyfriend (very serious, together for years, own a house together boyfriend)

L2, C2
My mom and stepmom (see some of C2's kids above)
They bought those hats just for this trip.

Big E, me, J
My youngest, me, my sister
(Took E to visit J in DC this summer!)

L
My oldest

Me, Z
Z is my husband and @krisri18 's little brother.
(We just saw Hamilton - 😍😍😍)

This is the second cast in this trip report. @krisri18 and crew are going down this Saturday - me, Z, E and L join them on Wednesday. But everyone else above are coming around they time K and crew leave. So no GIANT GROUP crossover.

Hope this helps!

krisri18

Original Poster
Cast of Characters Part 1

View attachment 396672

M, K2, P2
K2 and P2 are my step siblings, C2's kids. M is P2's boyfriend (very serious, together for years, own a house together boyfriend)

View attachment 396676

L2, C2
My mom and stepmom (see some of C2's kids above)
They bought those hats just for this trip.

View attachment 396677

Big E, me, J
My youngest, me, my sister
(Took E to visit J in DC this summer!)

View attachment 396678

L
My oldest

View attachment 396679

Me, Z
Z is my husband and @krisri18 's little brother.
(We just saw Hamilton - 😍😍😍)

This is the second cast in this trip report. @krisri18 and crew are going down this Saturday - me, Z, E and L join them on Wednesday. But everyone else above are coming around they time K and crew leave. So no GIANT GROUP crossover.

Hope this helps!
We totally forgot to line them up along the fence on Saturday! I even have big foam letters!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom