Trip Report Completed: How to Avoid a Rebel Invasion: a dual August trip report

Hello all! It's pre-trip report time, title explanation to follow!

Who:
IMG_20171003_015252.jpg

That's all of us back in August of 2017 at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
From the left: SIL @NessNewt, myself with my younger niece E on my lap, mom C, bf P, my now middle child R, my oldest hiding his head T, with older niece L in front of him, and my brother Z. We're all going back and we're bringing this cutie:
B8.JPG

It's baby E's first trip! Well, outside the womb that is. Lol
Where: Pop Century for Me (K), P, baby E, C, R, and T
Coronado Springs for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
When: August 10-16 for Myself, P, baby E, C,R and T
August 14-21 for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
We're getting out before Star Wars Land opens and the masses flood the parks, hence the first part of our trip title. And @NessNewt and I will both be reporting, so it's kind of like 2 trips in one!

Last edited:

krisri18

Original Poster
Update: Fast Pass day for the first wave of us is this coming Tuesday. Then the next is 5 (?) days later. Then the extended family of @NessNewt are staggered after that. The coordination of fast passes for this many people, in different combinations on different days is staggering. We've had phone calls, text messages, and full sit down meetings! I miss the days of just showing up to a park and hauling tush back and forth to get paper fast passes. It was a ton of extra walking but there was way more spontaneity and less stress.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Update: Fast Pass day for the first wave of us is this coming Tuesday. Then the next is 5 (?) days later. Then the extended family of @NessNewt are staggered after that. The coordination of fast passes for this many people, in different combinations on different days is staggering. We've had phone calls, text messages, and full sit down meetings! I miss the days of just showing up to a park and hauling tush back and forth to get paper fast passes. It was a ton of extra walking but there was way more spontaneity and less stress.

I can’t imagine the headache of trying to coordinate for multiple groups. In keeping with your title- May the Force be with you.

Songbird76

Hello all! It's pre-trip report time, title explanation to follow!

Who: View attachment 367799
That's all of us back in August of 2017 at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
From the left: SIL @NessNewt, myself with my younger niece E on my lap, mom C, bf P, my now middle child R, my oldest hiding his head T, with older niece L in front of him, and my brother Z. We're all going back and we're bringing this cutie:
View attachment 367800
It's baby E's first trip! Well, outside the womb that is. Lol
Where: Pop Century for Me (K), P, baby E, C, R, and T
Coronado Springs for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
When: August 10-16 for Myself, P, baby E, C,R and T
August 14-21 for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
We're getting out before Star Wars Land opens and the masses flood the parks, hence the first part of our trip title. And @NessNewt and I will both be reporting, so it's kind of like 2 trips in one!
Awww.....we're just going to miss you by about a week. We'll be in Universal when you are in Disney. How old will Baby E be?

Songbird76

Yes! I feel your pain! I actually feel like I'm herding cats, trying to get everyone organized and reminding everyone of what they need to do. I asked my brother yesterday if he had his flight info now and could book magical express. he says "Um.....yeah....I know what that is...." :banghead:

krisri18

Original Poster
Awww.....we're just going to miss you by about a week. We'll be in Universal when you are in Disney. How old will Baby E be?
Yes! I feel your pain! I actually feel like I'm herding cats, trying to get everyone organized and reminding everyone of what they need to do. I asked my brother yesterday if he had his flight info now and could book magical express. he says "Um.....yeah....I know what that is...." :banghead:
Baby E will be 7.5 months, so we'll see how that goes. Lol
Herding cats is a perfect description!
Magical Express is taken care of, I did it for almost everyone (the ones I didn't take care of it for are totally capable). I know Disney is the most magical place on Earth, but how did your brother expect to get from the airport to his resort? Magic carpet perhaps?

Songbird76

Baby E will be 7.5 months, so we'll see how that goes. Lol
Herding cats is a perfect description!
Magical Express is taken care of, I did it for almost everyone (the ones I didn't take care of it for are totally capable). I know Disney is the most magical place on Earth, but how did your brother expect to get from the airport to his resort? Magic carpet perhaps?
I have no idea. I know I told him about Magical Express, so maybe he just didn't remember that's what the shuttle was called? But it's definitely stressful trying to make sure everything is organized for everyone. My cousins are staying off property and their fastpass window is coming up, so my one cousin was asking me for tips on how to get the FPs they want, etc. I'm feeling the pressure of making sure everyone has a great time and gets to do all the stuff they want to do. This is their one shot (unless they get bitten by the bug), and they have so little time compared to my family.

krisri18

Original Poster
I have no idea. I know I told him about Magical Express, so maybe he just didn't remember that's what the shuttle was called? But it's definitely stressful trying to make sure everything is organized for everyone. My cousins are staying off property and their fastpass window is coming up, so my one cousin was asking me for tips on how to get the FPs they want, etc. I'm feeling the pressure of making sure everyone has a great time and gets to do all the stuff they want to do. This is their one shot (unless they get bitten by the bug), and they have so little time compared to my family.
Just try not to let the pressure of helping everyone else with their vacation planning ruin the fun of planning for your own crew. Maybe send out an information email with your tips/suggestions and then let them do the rest? If they are staying off-site, they are less likely to get Slinky Dog or FOP fast passes so perhaps just preparing them for that. And a friendly reminder that you don't mind helping out but it's your vacation as well and you would like to enjoy it 😊 It's Disney, it's hard NOT to have a good time!

krisri18

Original Poster
First Fastpass Day was successful! I had to hide in the office at work to get it done (thank goodness for understanding co-workers!) but I think I got everything we were hoping to get. We're flying in fairly late on the 10th so first park day is Sunday the 11th for 6 of us.

Sunday Aug 11
BOG breakfast at 8:10 for P, K and baby E (this is a tradition for P and I so it had to happen) then rope drope HM since it's P's favorite attraction and he wants it to be baby E's first Disney ride! We're going to do whatever we can standby. C, T, and R haven't decided yet what they plan to do this morning. But we're all meeting up for brunch at Trails End at 12:30! Very excited to try someplace new, the guys just want fried chicken. I'm planning on a break after brunch, Baby E is going to need downtime. Then we're off to Animal Kingdom for fastpasses at EE (P, K, R), Dinosaur (C, T), KS, and FOP. P, C, baby E and I will be hitting Nomad Lounge at some point since we absolutely love it there. R and T are planning on Flame Tree BBQ for dinner.

Monday August 12
Mid morning fast passes for MK for all 5 of us (rider swapping with baby E) at BTMRR, 7D, and Splash. Break in the middle of the day then hopefully Epcot in the evening ( I love World Showcase at night). We're trying to decide between Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, and Trattoria Al Forno for an early dinner. Anyone have opinions? My thought was Coral Reef has the giant aquarium to maybe occupy baby E, but who knows. I have a gluten allergy so my restaurant choices are usually based on the allergy menu and all 3 have something I'd eat. With any luck, we'll be able to see Illuminations this night but I know babe E will be unpredictable.

Tuesday August 13
Rest day! Pool time and maybe Disney Springs for a meal.

krisri18

Original Poster
Wednesday Aug 14
Morning fastpasses for Epcot at Soarin, SE, and Farm Ride. Take a break midday and then...
Ohana with our Ohana! @NessNewt , Z, L and E arrive that morning. they've got an early lunch date with Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel and Eric then it's Ohana dinner at 3:50 for all 10 of us! Should be complete chaos and fun!
If we're not all ready to roll right into bed, then P, C, T, R, baby E and I will head over to MK and hopefully see HEA. I'm fully expecting that I'll have to skip it and take baby back to the room though.

Thursday Aug 15
Pre park opening breakfast at BOG for all 10 of us then MK morning together!
Baby E, C and I will go back to the resort for a break while P, T, and R head to Disney Springs to do The Void Star Wars with Z. Then Z is meeting back up with @NessNewt, L, and E plus J (arriving that morning) for dinner at Homecomin. HS studios fastpasses that evening for P,K,C,T, and R for SDD, ST (baby E and I will do Disney Jr instead), RnRC (P and R), and the Frozen Sing Along (C, T and I). @NessNewt and her crew are possibly going to try to join us at HS after their dinner.

Friday Aug 16
Check out day for P, K, baby E, C, T and R
We're planning to rope drop MK for EMH at 8am and then we've got HS fastpasses for SDD, ToT (P and R), VotLM (K, C and T), and Frozen Sing Along. Back to POP for Tragical by 4ish. We fly back to RI at 7:50.
Pretty sure @NessNewt is planning Animal Kingdom for her crew and J this day. Also the rest of her extended family is arriving this day!

NessNewt

Wednesday Aug 14
Morning fastpasses for Epcot at Soarin, SE, and Farm Ride. Take a break midday and then...
Ohana with our Ohana! @NessNewt , Z, L and E arrive that morning. they've got an early lunch date with Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel and Eric then it's Ohana dinner at 3:50 for all 10 of us! Should be complete chaos and fun!
If we're not all ready to roll right into bed, then P, C, T, R, baby E and I will head over to MK and hopefully see HEA. I'm fully expecting that I'll have to skip it and take baby back to the room though.

Thursday Aug 15
Pre park opening breakfast at BOG for all 10 of us then MK morning together!
Baby E, C and I will go back to the resort for a break while P, T, and R head to Disney Springs to do The Void Star Wars with Z. Then Z is meeting back up with @NessNewt, L, and E plus J (arriving that morning) for dinner at Homecomin. HS studios fastpasses that evening for P,K,C,T, and R for SDD, ST (baby E and I will do Disney Jr instead), RnRC (P and R), and the Frozen Sing Along (C, T and I). @NessNewt and her crew are possibly going to try to join us at HS after their dinner.

Friday Aug 16
Check out day for P, K, baby E, C, T and R
We're planning to rope drop MK for EMH at 8am and then we've got HS fastpasses for SDD, ToT (P and R), VotLM (K, C and T), and Frozen Sing Along. Back to POP for Tragical by 4ish. We fly back to RI at 7:50.
Pretty sure @NessNewt is planning Animal Kingdom for her crew and J this day. Also the rest of her extended family is arriving this day!

😂😂😂 I'm laughing because we are crazy and this is so intense to see it all laid out, but I am so excited anyways!

My fast pass day is in two days! And then my extended family's day is Sunday. I'll update with our mile long list of plans then, lol

krisri18

Original Poster
😂😂😂 I'm laughing because we are crazy and this is so intense to see it all laid out, but I am so excited anyways!

My fast pass day is in two days! And then my extended family's day is Sunday. I'll update with our mile long list of plans then, lol
I didn't realize how much we had planned until I typed it out. Lol

krisri18

Original Poster
Update to our Monday dining!
Coral Reef for P and I with the mini mousketeer.
Rose & Crown for C, T and R.

Now we're debating meals for Tuesday. Ale & Compass, Grand Floridian Cafe, Frontera Cocina, no clue.

Longers

I’m arriving with my family (9 in total) on 18th Aug so will just miss you :( - can’t wait to show them what I love so much but staying offsite in a villa and a little concerned about the weather so I get comfort from others going at this time and especially you with a little one!
Having a planning get together next weekend although my sister and one nephew havent had a holiday in 14 years and my other nephew was only 2 when he last had one.
It will be a challenge getting everything tied up as our AP only allows booking of FP one day at a time but i’m Up for the challenge of trying to keep everyone happy.
I’ll be following along with your plans.

krisri18

Original Poster
I’m arriving with my family (9 in total) on 18th Aug so will just miss you :( - can’t wait to show them what I love so much but staying offsite in a villa and a little concerned about the weather so I get comfort from others going at this time and especially you with a little one!
Having a planning get together next weekend although my sister and one nephew havent had a holiday in 14 years and my other nephew was only 2 when he last had one.
It will be a challenge getting everything tied up as our AP only allows booking of FP one day at a time but i’m Up for the challenge of trying to keep everyone happy.
Aw! Would have loved a meetup @Longers ! But @NessNewt will still be there so keep an eye out for her!
I think it's wonderful that you are going with your nephews, aunts are the best! Im sure whatever you plan for them they will enjoy 😊

NessNewt

Would love to see you at Disney! I will be there until the 21st.

You just have to embrace the heat. Just lean into it and accept that you will be hot and sweaty, ha ha ha. And lots of ice cream ;)

NessNewt

Well my fast pass day and my sister/mom's fast pass days are complete.

I was able to snag everything I wanted for my family of four but by the time I tried to add my sister and moms there were no more FP for FOP or SDD.

So I'm trying to strategize ways to get them on those rides now.

I'll post our plans shortly.

I'm making daily itineraries for my group, with fastpasses, dining reservations, "must do's" and notes. I'm really excited about them! MDE is a bit overwhelming when you have 13 people's plans across 11 days! o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom