Trip Report ***COMPLETED*** Girls Just Wanna Have Sun ☀️

Hello friends, and welcome to my second trip report! I enjoyed writing my Disneyland TR so much that I’m back again to report on my next adventure! Let’s hop right into it!

What: A Disney CRUISE! 🙌🏼 I haven’t been on a cruise since 2004 (I was 13!), and I haven’t been on a Disney Cruise since my family cruised on the Wonder wayyyy back in 2002 (the Wonder was the newest ship back then!). Followed by one night at WDW.

When: Leaving GA the afternoon of 2/13, boarding the Dream for 3 nights on 2/14, in WDW 2/17-2/18.

Where: Nassau, Castaway Cay, and Port Orleans French Quarter (my favorite Moderate and one of my very favorite resorts!)

Who: You may already know me - Katie. I’m a Georgia Peach, WDW AP, and wife to my best friend and Disney adventure partner, Jason.

4FDE11AB-9972-4E5D-B02B-99E7F7CD3F55.jpeg

Joining me are my mom (we’ll call her...Mom), baby sister A, and sister-in-law M (married to my brother D). I couldn’t find a pic of all four of us together, so here are a few pics with a mix of us in them.

A, M, and I on Thanksgiving a couple years ago
F7AE8B25-99CD-4C03-88E0-DDA9E534F888.jpeg

A, Mom, and I at the Biltmore Estate this past summer...we’re definitely related 😂
46FF0625-9DFD-44AD-9319-C3CD64AA8248.jpeg

My brother D, M, J, and I on our way to MNSSHP 2018...J doesn’t do costumes 🙄
ECAD7633-517C-452D-9E72-88F31C4D9D69.jpeg

Mom and I in Central Park this past April
B61A6E8B-35AE-41B3-8BB2-8CDB42D185A9.jpeg

Fun fact: M and I are sorority sisters (for those of you who are familiarized with the whole sorority family tree thing...she is my Grand-Little). She and I met at a sorority event a couple years after I had graduated, when she was a freshman and my brother D was a sophomore. We figured out that she and D were in the same Lit class, and she said she was going to introduce herself to him the next class...3 years later, they got married. You’re welcome, D!

This will be my second Disney Cruise, Mom’s fourth, and M and A’s first. A was a baby when we went on our first Disney Cruise back in 2002, so she stayed with our grandparents.

Last edited:

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your trip, I’ve really enjoyed reading. Love anything about Disney cruises.
Thank you for following along! I’m enjoying reading yours as well!
Really enjoyed your cruise TR! You had some great photos, and I liked following along with your commentary. :happy: Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Hope that you go on a cruise again, when the medical safety conditions are cleared for the passengers.
Thank you for reading! Can’t wait for the next one!
Thanks for the great report, it was very fun to follow. I like this mug, but I'm a little more intrigued by the book. It looks interesting (judging a book by its cover!). Is it good and worth a read? I googled the title and the premise sounds good.

View attachment 465952
YES it’s a great book! A little slow in the beginning, but once it gets going, it’s hard to put it down!
Thank you so much for the distraction of a fabulous trip report and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your June trip happens!!!
Thank you for reading! We could all use a distraction these days!
Great TR!! I really enjoyed it!! I hope you get to go in June & I LOVED your Port Orleans pictures!! I may have teared up a bit when I saw them.
Thank you for following along! I hope you get to be back at Port Orleans soon!
Thanks for sharing! We arrived the day after you left. You are right about the crowds that week, they were quite crazy! Hope you get to return soon!
Thank you for reading! I hope we can all be back in our happy place soon!
I really enjoyed your TR; still no desire to do a cruise but I do enjoy reading about them. And I can’t believe how much you did in such a short time at WDW.
Thank you for reading! I’m so glad we had that time in WDW, even if it was less than 24 hours, it was so nice to be home!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you for following along! I’m enjoying reading yours as well!

Thank you for reading! Can’t wait for the next one!

YES it’s a great book! A little slow in the beginning, but once it gets going, it’s hard to put it down!

Thank you for reading! We could all use a distraction these days!

Thank you for following along! I hope you get to be back at Port Orleans soon!

Thank you for reading! I hope we can all be back in our happy place soon!

Thank you for reading! I’m so glad we had that time in WDW, even if it was less than 24 hours, it was so nice to be home!

Good to know I ordered it from the library so when the library opens again someday I can read it.

LisaBelle

Loved your TR! A Disney Cruise is on my bucket list. There’s something special about a girls trip! The tea at the Grand Floridian looks like a great way to spend an afternoon. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Fingers crossed that you will be able to return to Disney in June.

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Loved your TR! A Disney Cruise is on my bucket list. There’s something special about a girls trip! The tea at the Grand Floridian looks like a great way to spend an afternoon. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Fingers crossed that you will be able to return to Disney in June.
Thank you for reading! I’d highly recommend afternoon tea for any girls’ trip!
Thank you for the fun! I always love reading cruise reports!
Thank you for following along!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Since we’re all stuck at home right now with no news on when WDW will reopen, I’ve been thinking about writing a report on our September 2019 WDW trip. I was on the boards at that time, but was still too intimidated by all the time it takes to write a report. I don’t remember everything, so I’d have to go off of my photos and Instagram stories from that trip to try to refresh my memory.

In the meantime, for those of you who are on Instagram, my username is @kingdomofkatie. To be 100% transparent, that is the page for my Etsy shop, but that’s where I’m most active and show my face most often. That’s also where I share my Disney trips live while I’m there. I recently shared some videos from past trips, including some clips of the Osborne Lights, Wishes, and the old Magic Kingdom Welcome Show (rip). If you’re looking on my page, they’re all under the highlight called “Memories.”

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Since we’re all stuck at home right now with no news on when WDW will reopen, I’ve been thinking about writing a report on our September 2019 WDW trip. I was on the boards at that time, but was still too intimidated by all the time it takes to write a report. I don’t remember everything, so I’d have to go off of my photos and Instagram stories from that trip to try to refresh my memory.

In the meantime, for those of you who are on Instagram, my username is @kingdomofkatie. To be 100% transparent, that is the page for my Etsy shop, but that’s where I’m most active and show my face most often. That’s also where I share my Disney trips live while I’m there. I recently shared some videos from past trips, including some clips of the Osborne Lights, Wishes, and the old Magic Kingdom Welcome Show (rip). If you’re looking on my page, they’re all under the highlight called “Memories.”

More importantly, for those of us not on Instagram ... what’s your Etsy shop name? 😊

Maelstrom Troll

And that’s how you do it! Really well written and great pics. I’m sorry your trips were cancelled, hopefully you get back soon. We are scheduled for WDW in November/December and a cruise in May’21. We’re crossing our fingers tightly that they’ll happen. But! If our WDW trip cancels, we might just sock that money into getting a verandah for our Alaska cruise. Now if that cancels......

Maelstrom Troll

Also, I wish I would have bought that Nike DCL hat! I had the DCL cap and Helly Hansen wind breaker in hand and was thinking about checking out when I found the Animators Palate butter spreaders. I passed off the logo-ware to my missus to hold for a second. She thought I didnt want the jacket and cap and put them back. I figured she checked out so I did the same. After we caught up (you know how those shops can be so busy!), I shrugged it off and said, “we’ll pick them up later” only to remember about it debarkation am. Oh well, next time!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
And that’s how you do it! Really well written and great pics. I’m sorry your trips were cancelled, hopefully you get back soon. We are scheduled for WDW in November/December and a cruise in May’21. We’re crossing our fingers tightly that they’ll happen. But! If our WDW trip cancels, we might just sock that money into getting a verandah for our Alaska cruise. Now if that cancels......
Thank you! I really hope your trips work out, it seems like they’re finally moving toward reopening!
Also, I wish I would have bought that Nike DCL hat! I had the DCL cap and Helly Hansen wind breaker in hand and was thinking about checking out when I found the Animators Palate butter spreaders. I passed off the logo-ware to my missus to hold for a second. She thought I didnt want the jacket and cap and put them back. I figured she checked out so I did the same. After we caught up (you know how those shops can be so busy!), I shrugged it off and said, “we’ll pick them up later” only to remember about it debarkation am. Oh well, next time!
Aw man! Next time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom