Trip Report Completed: Birthday/Christmas with a side of scooters.....

Ok, I am trying this. I stink at coming up with funny quips so crappy title!

Go easy, 1st trip report!

The Who: Me (the Momma) My Mom (the Memaw), DS1 (the Tay), and DS2 (the Tater).
When: December 22-24, with a bonus day on the 28th.
Where: POR

We became AP's in June, and the Memaw lives locally, about 45 minutes away. We spent a month over June and July there, but didn't stay. This time, we started on my birthday, and spent two nights at POR, with the Dining Plan and ate our way through the parks!

We drove down, and got to Memaw's on the 20th. We got settled and got up bright and early the 22nd, my birthday, and got to POR around 7. We checked in, and immediately hopped on a bus to the TTC, where we then hopped on a monorail to MK, sneaking on to a ride with a dear friend before our ADR for breakfast! It was cold, but nothing like the cold we left behind in Illinois....

Me and the boys. We are waiting, forever it seems, to finish up the court process to start adoption paperwork. I absolutely love these faces, and seeing them at Disney is my favorite thing in the entire world!

After the obligatory castle pics, we headed for our first ride of the trip, a zero wait on our ride with Buzz Lightyear. The ride pics show me and Memaw, but cannot see my little dudes, so nobody wants to see those... I know who the stars of this show are!

Next we headed back on a monorail, for a birthday breakfast of amazing!

After this fun start (Hello, Waffle Bar!! I see you!!) we headed back to MK.

We partook in some pirates, then did this for the boys' first time!!!

We did a few other rides, which I cannot remember, and then caught a parade..... I finally bought ears, and no sooner than 5 minutes later Tater stole them, and looked far more fabulous than I do in them! Tay was still way too cool for them, at this point!

After that, we went back to the resort for naps. Memaw was super sick, courtesy of the germs we delivered, so a break was needed.

tabby1222

Original Poster
On the way back to the resort.... He is 6 going on 16.... :)

A beautiful wreath, with my fave movie, at POR!

A little POR fun, before heading back! Notice who isn't too cool for ears now that Tater stole Memaw's?

Had to stop for family pics by the big tree, where Tay chose to make scary faces. This kid!

Waiting on Elsa to light the castle.

ADR at the Plaza for dinner. So good. Service wasn't fantastic, but the food was delish!

Tater lived his best life with dessert and snacks, as is present in the next two days, as well!!

After our dinner, we had to so to IASW, which I don't have any pics of. Not sure why, as it is a family fave! After HEA, we headed back to Fantasyland, as we had some dwarves to meet up with!

They are both total daredevils, and hands up on every ride kind of guys! They put me to shame, as only some get hands up from me!

After this, we headed back for the night. Boys were spent after a whole day of MK.

Up next: Day 2, on to AK, where trip went downhill.... Literally and figuratively.

tabby1222

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! They are pretty cute! Tater is very flamboyant about his likes. He really wants a tutu to wear next trip, and had an Elsa dress until it fell apart from use! :). Tay is far more concerned about what is boy vs. girl. It is a struggle for both of them....

We keep hoping that the trip in June will be a big celebration, but who knows with how slow things are moving.....

susan lees

Thanks everyone! They are pretty cute! Tater is very flamboyant about his likes. He really wants a tutu to wear next trip, and had an Elsa dress until it fell apart from use! :). Tay is far more concerned about what is boy vs. girl. It is a struggle for both of them....

We keep hoping that the trip in June will be a big celebration, but who knows with how slow things are moving.....
sending good luck wishes.

tabby1222

Original Poster
I really wanted to get a new post done tonight, but life got in the way. Between grading/lesson planning and dealing with my own kiddos, it just didn't happen...... Ugh. Hopefully tomorrow!

Thanks for all of the kind notes. I am so much better for having them in my life. These boys have not only given me so much to enjoy, but they have made me realize how blessed life is around here, and how much I have to be thankful for. It's been a wild ride, and I am so glad I took the leap 4 years ago to get my foster license. I never thought my second set of kids would be my forever kids, but I am so very lucky!

Songbird76

They look adorable in the ears!!! If you are at all crafty, you could make your own and then the boys could make whatever kind they want. We are making themed ones for attractions and characters for our next trip. We have Haunted Mansion, Carrots of the Pirabbean, Brave, Frozen, Lady and the Tramp, Winnie the Pooh, Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel...I don't even remember all the ones we have made. We made some rainbow heart ones for my niece.
My son used to wear his big sister's Cinderella dress to the grocery store and to preschool all the time, and hair clips, nail polish. I love that your son knows what he likes and doesn't care what anyone else thinks. That's such a great quality to have.

tabby1222

Original Poster
They look adorable in the ears!!! If you are at all crafty, you could make your own and then the boys could make whatever kind they want. We are making themed ones for attractions and characters for our next trip. We have Haunted Mansion, Carrots of the Pirabbean, Brave, Frozen, Lady and the Tramp, Winnie the Pooh, Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel...I don't even remember all the ones we have made. We made some rainbow heart ones for my niece.
My son used to wear his big sister's Cinderella dress to the grocery store and to preschool all the time, and hair clips, nail polish. I love that your son knows what he likes and doesn't care what anyone else thinks. That's such a great quality to have.

I am crafty, but have no want to tackle ears. I would rather just buy them. I make shirts to wear with my Cricut and vinyl, but the ears intimidate me. As it continues to be an expensive habit, we shall see how that changes!

LizC

Sorry you lost the entire post, that’s the worst.

Glad to see the first day was so fun! Can’t wait to read the rest!

Rista1313

Following! I'm with you... no desire to tackle my own ears, and I have bought a few, but they are not true Disney ones... they are from Etsy, and other places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom