Trip Report **COMPLETED** A (Love) Bug's Life

Hi everyone!
Happy Mother's Day!!!
We just got back from Disney yesterday and it is cold and raining here so seems like a good time to start our TR!

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my Dad (Jeff) and myself (Megan)
This photo is from our trip last year
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267906.jpg

Where?
Grand Floridian - aside from a very brief stay at the Poly during a race weekend my Dad has never stayed at a Deluxe. So, with a nice AP discount we let him pick any place he wanted and he decided on the Grand :)

When?
May 3 - 11, 2019

Why?
No big reason - we usually go around this time every year to help with the depression of the never ending winter here at home (and its still cold BTW...)

The title?
We have seen love bugs before but we have NEVER seen this many. I know they don't bite or anything but they were everywhere and at times the amount of them was just disgusting. We could not even sit on our balcony and if we were by the pool the only place they did not bother us was in the water. Ew :grumpy::hungover: This is the very reason I do not live in Florida...bugs.

Day 1 May 3, 2019
Our flight was pretty early so I got up at like 2:20 am 😴
My parents picked me up just before 3 and we were on our way! I ALWAYS email Southwest to ask what time their counters open and this time I forgot. So, we got there at 3:20 and it was not open...whoops 🤪
zp7Bq5CnSoS2DHy3yZzfAA.jpg

Everyone was lined up in the full service line but we waited by the self tag kiosks and we ended up being the first ones done with our luggage. Since it was so early the TSA pre-check line was not open yet so we had to go through regular security which is only annoying when you have have a computer and an iPad to drag out :hilarious:
DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0413.JPG

Be prepared for my Dad not cooperating for photos :p
DSC_0414.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

GuLhiYrjSMmcp8ZZKuwgkA.jpg

Around 4 am the food places open so we grabbed a bagel
fullsizeoutput_2fd4.jpeg

I spy our plane
DSC_0422.JPG

The time flew by at the airport and very quickly we were boarding the plane! Our flight was on time for once!
Gang is all here..
DSC_0423.JPG

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great trip report as always!! Have fun on your next trip!!

Thank you :) I'm still in a constant struggle to catch up with your trip reports!

I am finally catching up on your TR. I think my sister and I had the same waiter in the sun room at the Plaza. His name was Michael and he was very snarky. We loved our meal there, but did not enjoy him at all!

I can't wait to hear about your trip! You can call him mean Mike too :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Beautiful family and great TR! You guys covered a lot of ground and got a lot of pics of things I haven't looked at in a while.

Thank you so much :happy:

Another great TR! Loved the pics of GF as that is my dream resort. Glad your dad was able to enjoy a deluxe resort. Club level looks amazing. Hoping that will happen for us one day. Looking forward to your 4th of July report.

I think I gained 10 pounds staying in Club level - way too many snacks :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I thought the same thing this year! I can only describe the cheesecake this year as being a weaker version of what I had last year. It was still good but it just didn't have that pop.

The love bugs were annoying but don't come close to the obnoxiousness of the cicadas back home. When that one type comes out - can't remember if it's the 7 or 9 year variety - I can't even go into the yard. They fly into, and get stuck in, my hair. I hate them. And the stinkbugs are just horrible although they seem to be improving in my region. I'll take the love bugs any day LOL.

I'm bummed I missed the cheesecake last year then! I was about to google cicadas but I decided against it because I don't want to know what they look like. I will take the small ants I have here :grumpy:

Another great report, thanks for taking us along!

Thank you for reading !

melmel89

another great trip report :) You had some super cute outfits on this trip, I always pack my suitcase with good intentions but the humidity always has other ideas:hilarious:

blreinsel

Finally had a chance to read this report! Naturally I can’t remember all of my comments but I’ll do my best. 😂

1. I want to do Wild Africa Trek sooo bad! It’s definitely on our list.
2. I always crack up at your random pieces of cheese from the lounges.. I’m the same way. The blue gummy bears were a new addition to your usual plate. 😂
3. The love bugs suck.. so much lol. But thankfully they’re gone now and we Floridians can go back to just dealing with the roaches and Palmetto bugs. 😏
4. I think the Move It, Shake It singers are always live now. That or they’re very good at lip syncing. 😂
5. I’ll always love the Beauty and the Beast show because it’s my favorite Disney story. However, I will agree that AK has the best show. 🐒🧡💛

Another great report! Looking forward to your 4th of July trip. We’ll be at Epcot on the 4th and probably MK on the 3rd. Let me know what your plans are and we may bump into each other!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Finally had a chance to read this report! Naturally I can’t remember all of my comments but I’ll do my best. 😂

1. I want to do Wild Africa Trek sooo bad! It’s definitely on our list.
2. I always crack up at your random pieces of cheese from the lounges.. I’m the same way. The blue gummy bears were a new addition to your usual plate. 😂
3. The love bugs suck.. so much lol. But thankfully they’re gone now and we Floridians can go back to just dealing with the roaches and Palmetto bugs. 😏
4. I think the Move It, Shake It singers are always live now. That or they’re very good at lip syncing. 😂
5. I’ll always love the Beauty and the Beast show because it’s my favorite Disney story. However, I will agree that AK has the best show. 🐒🧡💛

Another great report! Looking forward to your 4th of July trip. We’ll be at Epcot on the 4th and probably MK on the 3rd. Let me know what your plans are and we may bump into each other!

You have to do the Wild Africa Trek!! Its so awesome !
What can I say ... I love cheese :hilarious:
Ew....palmetto bugs - literally can not understand how you deal with them

Thanks for reading ! I will definitely let you now our 4th plans

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom