Trip Report **COMPLETED** 364 Days and 8 Canceled Trips Later !

HI EVERYONE!!! I AM BACK AFTER A VERY LONG ABSENCE FROM THE BOARDS!!! WOOHOO! (sorry to all the trip reports I missed)

There were many days when I did not feel like this day would ever come. I am very good at compartmentalizing my life and hiding my emotions - it’s a bad coping mechanism I learned in residency. However, COVID got to me. Every single day was exhausting. For months and months and months. I think there were periods of time I worked more than I even worked in residency. I could not even feel that sad about not being on vacation because I was so burnt out. AND, I don’t even work in a hospital so I can’t even imagine what those healthcare workers were feeling. For weeks (really months) I did not sleep. I constantly worried about my patients who were sick and after treating/testing my own COVID patients I was terrified I would give it to my family.
A3F8A3DA-B09B-4354-A58E-674021929BE9.jpeg

01D08CF0-281C-4091-96F1-319E1B8DA870.jpeg

The few times I would go somewhere that felt fun I stressed for weeks after that it was a mistake. I obviously did not plan on going into medicine and having to deal with a pandemic. There was no outlet and we talked about it at work over and over again how none of us could leave or escape because of all the travel restrictions. Even when we were “off” there was no true mental break. I tried to make my YouTube videos and work on my Instagram, but I just wasn’t really into it. I was angry at people who got to go to Disney. I was jealous but I also felt like it was so irresponsible to travel during the big surges. I had way too many patients who got sick after travel so it just made me anxious to see it more than anything. My Mom would constantly tell me she was depressed that she could not be in Disney and I just did not feel the same way. I knew I would be anxious the whole time being there. But…then a ray of light hit in the form of a vaccine. I was so happy to receive my first dose right before Christmas. It was truly the best Christmas gift.
4BE62FEF-1D8C-4DF2-9952-C538DCD2AADC.jpeg

Then - my Mom was able to get hers too because she works in the dental field. A few weeks after my first shot (and a very depressing holiday season because I was quarantined after a work exposure) one of my co-workers who runs all our COVID stuff told me we could go to Florida since we were both vaccinated (and fully vaccinated before we leave). It was a shock, but we were both so excited! I still was not 100 percent ready to go without doing my research. The UK strain made me super anxious so I studied the numbers, the data, the vaccine efficacy against it etc and I felt like it was OK to go. I also asked all my co-workers and did as much due diligence as I could. Everyone told me go!!

WHO?: The usual....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
Photo from our last trip before COVID
616D5A02-0E9B-47E4-9A24-6D7994E124EA.jpeg

When?
February 19 - February 27, 2021 (took me a bit to get this TR started)

Where?
Yacht Club :) Nice AP deal!

February 19, 2021 - Day 1
Our flight was not until a little bit later in the morning, but one of the few things that kept me sane this last year was working out so I kept on my regular schedule and got up at 5 am to work out.
Airport ready!
tempImageG4cVK9.jpg

Then I had a work meeting at 7 am so I listened to that while waiting for my parents to pick me up!
My meeting went extra long so it lasted the whole drive to the airport, but at least I did not have time to get nervous along the way!
Guys...we were so out of practice for travel. I do not travel lightly and usually my Mom takes some of my stuff but this time she did not since we really did not decide we were officially going until right before the trip. So, both of my suitcases weighed 53 pounds :hilarious:. I was honesty going to pay the fee because I was so embarrassed, but my Mom was like absolutely not so we shuffled some things around. Then I thought TSA pre-check was closed so I took out all my electronics but I actually just missed the sign pointing us to the new location. Lastly, I forgot to take my backpack off when going through security. My Mom and I often said to each other this trip "what are you new?!" which we ended up abbreviating to "WAYN." :happy::joyfull:
Anyway....we eventually made it through security. A lot of stuff at the Buffalo Airport is still closed, but thankfully our usual go to bagel place was still open.
I made us drink emergen-c (and I packed us full of vitamins this whole trip).
tempImageC9cCJ1.jpg

Look how cute this bagel individualized packet is! I am a germaphobe by nature (before it was cool to be one) so this made me giddy :p
tempImagela85RY.jpg

tempImagesQZzlK.jpg

Side note...I took a lot of phone pictures this trip because I got lazy.
Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the actual bagel but a bagel is a bagel!
After our breakfast we headed to the gate. Our plane was already there!
tempImage5sMMoA.jpg

Squished face from the N95 under my surgical mask :)
tempImage6yzKCu.jpg

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Mama Melrose is a favorite! Truthfully I'm kind of surprised it's still in the park and hasn't been rethemed but I always take advantage of eating there when I go :D

I love it there too! I was just saying the other day I'm also surprised they never re-themed it.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 February 26, 2021
We got up around 6:30 am, got ready, and headed downstairs for breakfast.
I got a cookie and my Mom had another cupcake :hilarious:
tempImage6mtvDE.jpg

We got on a bus to the MK around 7:25 am. I am glad they sent the MK buses early for a 9 am opening unlike the AK bus!
We got held in a few different spots (temp screen, bag check) but we were still pretty close to the front of the line.
6E840144-21DE-45A0-B71E-43817979293B.jpeg

A lot of people were already there about an hour before the park officially opened!
582142AA-EE99-4337-A943-85C33017038E.jpeg

Hello monorail!
6DBCA361-0D5C-4C70-97E9-2A77B4FAF932.jpeg

They opened the park around 8:20 and we headed right to 7DMT.
54E58275-F837-4813-A5F0-B08CFDCEEFFF.jpeg

14FE8DE0-ADF8-4D5D-BB23-2FACE05D09C4.jpeg

We only waited 15 minutes!
tempImage8cglNL.jpg

AB930559-0E03-4EB0-A086-05562271DB37.jpeg

148ECD0C-9BE3-492C-B011-535AA5151BF7.jpeg

After our ride we stopped for a PP picture with the carriage
B2FC25F0-5796-401B-B734-639FD56327F3.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
We wandered around a lot after this. We tried to ride IASW, POTC, and Jungle Cruise but they were all closed. We also planned on riding BTMR and got in line but once we realized the line went up and over the train station we bailed. In hindsight I heard that line is still not that long like that but oh well!
The Splash line was also long - you could tell the crowds were picking up!
tempImageX1Ad7V.jpg

We did stop quickly so I could take a photo with my shirt from @sheriffwoody 's etsy shop :)
00D7F17A-2645-43A4-B4D5-BBA64A03FFFB.jpeg

Then we walked back over to POTC and it was open! Phew finally something!
tempImagekOKdeW.jpg

I took some random que photos.
tempImageQXlKdL.jpg

A light for you...
tempImageRdUORC.jpg

We only waited about 15 minutes!
566F3725-ED3F-42E5-B1A3-52AFB9F4F88E.jpeg

Then we headed to IASW - the wait was about 35 minutes but never fear we killed time by planning another trip :joyfull:
tempImageVC4GRG.jpg

tempImageoRVBX4.jpg

tempImageACRwze.jpg

104E4A96-F2D6-4671-8FBA-4262825E659E.jpeg

Next up: more MK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
More IASW
924DCB27-7DC8-408F-AD74-6D883B3AC7C6.jpeg

This hippo is my favorite :)
C48138E4-E58A-42B6-B3D6-9E45BC17CD62.jpeg

FDF52BE3-1A7D-41F4-B6A2-5ACA6B8BA6C1.jpeg

FA76BF91-D253-458C-8C4C-716539952C93_1_201_a.jpeg

91505AAC-F396-4F58-BE9B-9F4DC22FC9BE.jpeg
3A4DEF1E-F5FB-4F24-B3B9-436AAD1ECC68.jpeg
28853E68-A74D-4B8B-A29B-EFAF23067A8F.jpeg

I was surprised to see they had names up still! I don't know why I guess. I feel like I just expected nothing to be working with COVID.
2AAC4C72-570E-414B-9C3C-7B1671497AF6.jpeg

We got these PP pictures at some point...it was not at this time but this is the order it is on my computer so here you go :hilarious:
6C98E445-E019-4D2C-8FE3-0EB3B594E042.jpeg
B454F0DA-6A31-484E-8A53-9575A7FEF996.jpeg

Next up: More MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
In our usual tradition we decided to eat lunch at 10:30 am. This was our usual plan since we never really ate a true breakfast unless it was at the Ale and Compass those two times.
We decided to eat at Pinocchio Village Haus and we were pleased as pudding to get a table overlooking IASW
Clearly these windows need to be cleaned or something :joyfull:
tempImagejiROyM.jpg

I can't believe this but apparently I never took a photo of our food!
I thought my Mom did but I just looked at her photos and I don't see it either :jawdrop:
Either way we had a pepperoni flatbread, a Margherita flatbread and fries.
After our....let's call it brunch....we decided to get a treat so we headed to Aloha Isle for some Dole Whips. Now I am not a huge fan of the traditional dole whips but I loved the Heihei cone so I was happy to see they still had the Raspberry Dole Whip.
tempImages1GMYR.jpg

My Mom got the swirl with pineapple and raspberry
tempImageSX5yF4.jpg

This was one of the few times I felt very uncomfortable crowd wise in the parks. There were tons of people in this area and sitting right next to us on that bench/ledge outside of the Magic Carpets with no spacing between people at all. So...we quickly ate our treat and moved on.
We took some random castle photos next ...
tempImagexsw7hK.jpg

tempImage58TKh7.jpg

tempImageMZUJSK.jpg

Then headed over to Tomorrowland
E40F4520-4AF5-4AAF-93F0-FBF204A58C5A.jpeg

E3022893-21DF-415A-B371-E16883660CB9.jpeg

Ugh Peoplemover...miss you!
468B722A-75FC-4955-83C8-92D5916B6A6D.jpeg

We could not leave Disney or the MK without riding Carousel of Progress!
ED24BFFC-E6D6-476D-BB5D-10FC9BED2513.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

We only waited 15 minutes!
The benefits of pre-rope drop!
We also planned on riding BTMR and got in line but once we realized the line went up and over the train station we bailed. In hindsight I heard that line is still not that long like that but oh well!
We've stood in the line that goes over the train station for this ride. It really wasn't too bad but I will be so glad when the distancing stops because it's so throwing me off in terms of line judgement! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :banghead:
Then we headed to IASW - the wait was about 35 minutes but never fear we killed time by planning another trip
OOOOOOOOhhhhhhh, looking forward to THAT trip report! I tend to always be planning/dreaming of trips when I'm waiting for something...

In our usual tradition we decided to eat lunch at 10:30 am. This was our usual plan since we never really ate a true breakfast unless it was at the Ale and Compass those two times.
We decided to eat at Pinocchio Village Haus
Pinocchio Village Haus is a great spot for a refuel on food! And your view looked great! Hoping those windows get attention soon!
After our....let's call it brunch....we decided to get a treat so we headed to Aloha Isle for some Dole Whips. Now I am not a huge fan of the traditional dole whips but I loved the Heihei cone so I was happy to see they still had the Raspberry Dole Whip.
Ohhhhhh, fingers crossed it's there in Nov...but even if it's not, I'm pro-Raspberry ANYTHING, really.:geek::geek:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The benefits of pre-rope drop!

We've stood in the line that goes over the train station for this ride. It really wasn't too bad but I will be so glad when the distancing stops because it's so throwing me off in terms of line judgement! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :banghead:

OOOOOOOOhhhhhhh, looking forward to THAT trip report! I tend to always be planning/dreaming of trips when I'm waiting for something...

Pinocchio Village Haus is a great spot for a refuel on food! And your view looked great! Hoping those windows get attention soon!

Ohhhhhh, fingers crossed it's there in Nov...but even if it's not, I'm pro-Raspberry ANYTHING, really.:geek::geek:

I think the raspberry dole whop has been there for awhile ! It should hopefully still be there!
The amount of trips I planned while in line for something else is unreal :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Sorry guys had a wedding this last weekend. Getting back to finishing this!
Day 8 continued
After our pool time and a bit of work we headed back to the room to get ready for dinner.
Balcony photo shoot again...
tempImagecNwa7l.jpg

tempImagerhtkHW.jpg

tempImageHvRDAm.jpg

Then we took the bus to the MK !
We saw Eeyore and Rabbit on the way in!
tempImage86V1ZD.jpg

Then we stopped for a PP picture!
49ACA10D-0DD3-4D07-981D-A815C5E38118.jpeg

D7187709-3AEB-4098-BEDB-997CCA5E7216.jpeg

AD3CFB47-6AAE-4709-97BA-565C204C5E09.jpeg

The lines were pretty long so we decided to ride Dumbo again.
tempImageez3y54.jpg

tempImagegJ7vfK.jpg
tempImageL1FBUN.jpg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
We only waited about 10 minutes for Dumbo!
tempImageyB8uCc.jpg

tempImagedhCXYe.jpg

We never got to ride the teacups because they closed for refurb a few days into the trip :(
tempImagelVjMtN.jpg

We had some time before dinner so we stopped to make a wish at the fountain. It's nice that this is not the smoking area anymore
83679B36-1260-4CFC-9CFF-6F325DBC8E5C_1_201_a.jpeg

02FA60B4-C401-478D-B9BF-0D1B57B9CBCE_1_201_a.jpeg

Then we mobile checked in for dinner at...
CRT!
tempImageY4noAg.jpg

Took some mural photos while we waited for our text
tempImagesbcQBa.jpg

tempImageeVrMmn.jpg

A light photo for you....
tempImage2wXlAA.jpg

tempImageznHHLz.jpg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
It was weird waiting outside and not in the lobby area
tempImagefzo0a6.jpg

When we got our text they led us in and we just went upstairs on our own.
tempImageUy413v.jpg

tempImage57xno0.jpg

tempImagebrF6wu.jpg

tempImagerVLkE6.jpg

The lighting is always so weird in there.
tempImageZz3o0u.jpg

tempImageoqZaH0.jpg

I don't know why I took this photo of the booth other than I love the style inside.
tempImage5SkwWP.jpg

tempImager8Fagj.jpg

Next up: more dinner

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
We decided to get a drink because well....why not.
My Mom got a Sangria
tempImageyQqYCu.jpg

And I got the Royal Sparkling Flight
F30A7E25-9EC4-4A4A-8D83-40B80480074E_1_201_a.jpeg

tempImage7qBVxh.jpg

tempImage1WlScy.jpg

My appetizer was the charcuterie board
tempImageBXXOAC.jpg

And my Mom had the Squash soup
tempImage6cbKyg.jpg

Cinderella stopped by ! I cried when she showed up :hilarious:
tempImagesA5KtL.jpg

tempImageL5crzL.jpg

For entrees we both ordered the Tenderloin of Beef (Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Celery Root Mash, Seasonal Vegetables, and Sauce Bordelaise)
tempImageEUdsfD.jpg

Next up: more dinner

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
For dessert my Mom got the Jaq and Gus (Cheesecake with Seasonal Flavors and Garnishes)
tempImageTyAxL0.jpg

And I got the Clock Strikes Twelve (Dark Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel and Crunchy Praline Center, served with Chocolate Sauce and Hazelnut Gelato). I actually think I ordered something else and got this but whatever.
tempImageRo3CJt.jpg

Our dinner was great! Everything was so delicious, it was relaxing, and it was the best way to end our last full day.
tempImageULZbZU.jpg

We headed out of MK after this. We ended up taking the Boardwalk bus back because it came first so we wandered around and slowly back to the Yacht Club.
Oh P.S. I forgot to say the one night we saw a huge rat on the Boardwalk :grumpy:
tempImageeZeqmf.jpg

tempImage01MLk4.jpg

tempImagemxiDCB.jpg

Next up: Last day :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I am so glad I came out of my trip report reading funk today! As always, your Safari pictures are spot on.

I love these shorts! I finally fit back into mine so I am really looking forward to wearing them to the parks again! ☺️

Thank you! And yay for fitting shorts! I need to do 21 day fix actual diet to get mine to fit better. Good thing I have 21 days to do it :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 February 27, 2021
We got up around 6:00 am, got ready, and packed a bit.
Some balcony photos...
tempImageUckD31.jpg

tempImageAXdaNO.jpg

We headed down to breakfast. My Mom had a chocolate croissant and I had a cookie I think.
tempImagehKc78m.jpg

Then we walked over to Hollywood Studios. I made us listen to my favorite Disney song :)
98981FFD-5945-4797-8409-E8852B32774A.png

When we got to Hollywood Studios I thought I saw @ajrwdwgirl and Brad in line so I sent her an IG message but she did not see it until later. It was her! I should have just said hi but with COVID I did not want to invade personal space! I took a stalker like photo though....
tempImagevFMXVn.jpg

Anyway...naturally we rope dropped Slinky Dog Dash.
tempImager0zaxK.jpg

tempImageQBmEZw.jpg
tempImageqI7DaP.jpg
tempImageXRRS0c.jpg
tempImageuIj1lg.jpg

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
The wait was still short so we hopped in line again!
tempImageTkL0b0.jpg

tempImageZ7aUvp.jpg

B37C0A5D-7036-4BBE-8B61-AA5A6D3EBD95.jpeg

tempImagenTNdhQ.jpg

I was sleeping on both rides apparently...
310414FE-F61C-4EF7-9EA9-DBA2376E53A5.jpeg

A7A394D9-08C3-4C26-8B31-BB2983F4C1E0.jpeg

We said goodbye to our good friend Slinky Dog after this (until the next time of course) and headed to Runaway Railway next.
Some que photos...
tempImage6Nnq8h.jpg

tempImagenKzE7x.jpg

tempImagedAtMRv.jpg

tempImage4Epkwt.jpg

Next up: more HS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom