Trip Report **COMPLETED** 364 Days and 8 Canceled Trips Later !

HI EVERYONE!!! I AM BACK AFTER A VERY LONG ABSENCE FROM THE BOARDS!!! WOOHOO! (sorry to all the trip reports I missed)

There were many days when I did not feel like this day would ever come. I am very good at compartmentalizing my life and hiding my emotions - it’s a bad coping mechanism I learned in residency. However, COVID got to me. Every single day was exhausting. For months and months and months. I think there were periods of time I worked more than I even worked in residency. I could not even feel that sad about not being on vacation because I was so burnt out. AND, I don’t even work in a hospital so I can’t even imagine what those healthcare workers were feeling. For weeks (really months) I did not sleep. I constantly worried about my patients who were sick and after treating/testing my own COVID patients I was terrified I would give it to my family.
A3F8A3DA-B09B-4354-A58E-674021929BE9.jpeg

01D08CF0-281C-4091-96F1-319E1B8DA870.jpeg

The few times I would go somewhere that felt fun I stressed for weeks after that it was a mistake. I obviously did not plan on going into medicine and having to deal with a pandemic. There was no outlet and we talked about it at work over and over again how none of us could leave or escape because of all the travel restrictions. Even when we were “off” there was no true mental break. I tried to make my YouTube videos and work on my Instagram, but I just wasn’t really into it. I was angry at people who got to go to Disney. I was jealous but I also felt like it was so irresponsible to travel during the big surges. I had way too many patients who got sick after travel so it just made me anxious to see it more than anything. My Mom would constantly tell me she was depressed that she could not be in Disney and I just did not feel the same way. I knew I would be anxious the whole time being there. But…then a ray of light hit in the form of a vaccine. I was so happy to receive my first dose right before Christmas. It was truly the best Christmas gift.
4BE62FEF-1D8C-4DF2-9952-C538DCD2AADC.jpeg

Then - my Mom was able to get hers too because she works in the dental field. A few weeks after my first shot (and a very depressing holiday season because I was quarantined after a work exposure) one of my co-workers who runs all our COVID stuff told me we could go to Florida since we were both vaccinated (and fully vaccinated before we leave). It was a shock, but we were both so excited! I still was not 100 percent ready to go without doing my research. The UK strain made me super anxious so I studied the numbers, the data, the vaccine efficacy against it etc and I felt like it was OK to go. I also asked all my co-workers and did as much due diligence as I could. Everyone told me go!!

WHO?: The usual....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
Photo from our last trip before COVID
616D5A02-0E9B-47E4-9A24-6D7994E124EA.jpeg

When?
February 19 - February 27, 2021 (took me a bit to get this TR started)

Where?
Yacht Club :) Nice AP deal!

February 19, 2021 - Day 1
Our flight was not until a little bit later in the morning, but one of the few things that kept me sane this last year was working out so I kept on my regular schedule and got up at 5 am to work out.
Airport ready!
tempImageG4cVK9.jpg

Then I had a work meeting at 7 am so I listened to that while waiting for my parents to pick me up!
My meeting went extra long so it lasted the whole drive to the airport, but at least I did not have time to get nervous along the way!
Guys...we were so out of practice for travel. I do not travel lightly and usually my Mom takes some of my stuff but this time she did not since we really did not decide we were officially going until right before the trip. So, both of my suitcases weighed 53 pounds :hilarious:. I was honesty going to pay the fee because I was so embarrassed, but my Mom was like absolutely not so we shuffled some things around. Then I thought TSA pre-check was closed so I took out all my electronics but I actually just missed the sign pointing us to the new location. Lastly, I forgot to take my backpack off when going through security. My Mom and I often said to each other this trip "what are you new?!" which we ended up abbreviating to "WAYN." :happy::joyfull:
Anyway....we eventually made it through security. A lot of stuff at the Buffalo Airport is still closed, but thankfully our usual go to bagel place was still open.
I made us drink emergen-c (and I packed us full of vitamins this whole trip).
tempImageC9cCJ1.jpg

Look how cute this bagel individualized packet is! I am a germaphobe by nature (before it was cool to be one) so this made me giddy :p
tempImagela85RY.jpg

tempImagesQZzlK.jpg

Side note...I took a lot of phone pictures this trip because I got lazy.
Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the actual bagel but a bagel is a bagel!
After our breakfast we headed to the gate. Our plane was already there!
tempImage5sMMoA.jpg

Squished face from the N95 under my surgical mask :)
tempImage6yzKCu.jpg

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I like the little photo bomber behind your mom on the Skykiner waving hello. 😂

I did not even notice that how funny !

Ok, that cheesecake looks delicious! I'm assuming you got it at the Market at the YC? I will definitely be going on the hunt for that one when I'm there at Easter!!

Yes ! It was so good! You have to look for it!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We got to HS about 10 minutes before 2 so we had to wait to get in.
tempImagekGqA4n.jpg
tempImagelHkcR2.jpg

There were a few other people waiting and the CM let us know we could go in just a few minutes before 2!
The wait times were pretty long but it was pretty nice out and we had nothing else to do we decided to wait for Runaway Railway since we had not been on it yet!
I took some random que photos...
A light for you...
tempImageLSYMza.jpg
tempImageN0OVHm.jpg

tempImagev0uJ52.jpg
79D75EBF-C924-4F25-BAD6-D7CA9723939F_1_201_a.jpeg
tempImagePVYi8l.jpg

tempImageBCBKSa.jpg
tempImagelBpttt.jpg

Next up: more que photos

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Some more lights....
tempImageoqcYYp.jpg

tempImageWHU89w.jpg

tempImagewXkMx8.jpg

tempImageVXBVWT.jpg

This was the only ride photo I took :joyfull:
tempImageMp2LYf.jpg

I read/wached nothing about the ride before this trip so it was so exciting to go on! There is nothing better than a first ride excitement! It was SO cute! We loved it. We sing Nothing Can Stop Us Now all the time!
After this we decided to ride Alien Swirling Saucers before heading out. We waited only 10 minute!
tempImageC4JPY1.jpg

I don't know why I look so tired :hilarious:
tempImageySkO6D.jpg

Then we said goodbye to Hollywood Studios and headed out.
*actually we saw a character cavalcade on the way out.
tempImagefGzZyt.jpg
tempImage52P4pE.jpg
tempImageVo6mIy.jpg

Next up: Dinner !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Back at the the Yacht Club we got dressed and ready to head to dinner.
I, for some reason, insisted I bring my tripod so we took a few photos on our balcony.
Enjoy these random photos
ED8D916C-14D9-40E5-858F-556A7153AE25.jpeg

6A81C6C2-DFB3-463E-B0F4-9DC3589170F5.jpeg

512D67BD-0D69-4ECF-9C85-2E1236612DE4.jpeg

I love this photo of my Mom accidentally being a model
0246B1B4-F214-49A0-B7E0-D0115049FAE4.jpeg

A02347F3-87AC-4238-BC01-415F84C52355.jpeg

In the end I liked my phone photos better 🤷‍♀️:hilarious:
tempImagezZmFGv.jpg

tempImageXHsmuy.jpg

After our photoshoot we got an Uber and headed to the Contemporary!
I realized just as our Uber was about to come that I forgot my wallet. I really hoped it did not mater that I did not have my license because the drink I thought about all year long was the blueberry lemon drop martini from California Grill.
Our Uber driver worked for Disney but was off for an open heart surgery or something. I don't know honestly could not understand his Southern accent :joyfull:
Anyway we checked in to California Grill and we got the table ready text right away !
We missed Mary the elevator attendant :(
Hello castle!
tempImageW1PKfG.jpg

tempImageDHaWhx.jpg

tempImageweGQam.jpg

Next up: more dinner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Well wouldn't you know we had this older woman as our waitress and when I ordered my drink she asked for my ID. I made a good show out of it pretending to look through my bag and saying "oh shoot I don't have it I guess I will order a pop." She was like you don't have it?! I said I switched bags. She said well we card anyone under 30, so you should always have ID. My Mom said well she is 32 so....
Waitress says well you do not look that old. I say I am that old. Long story short she lets me order the drink :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
We weren't quite sure she was even going to give me one until it got put on the table !
48E74391-C369-4628-A06A-28D286DCE3BB.jpeg

tempImage6hepm9.jpg

tempImage9HuJaV.jpg

tempImageEmfYER.jpg

YUM!!! I missed that drink so much !!!!!!
I am actually going to try and make it at home next week!
Bread to start.
tempImage51rPWb.jpg

We went a little rogue and each got our own appetizers (usually we share)
My Mom got the Roasted Squash Soup (with Maple Biscotti, Whipped Brie, Candied Hazelnuts)
tempImageYLSQDU.jpg

She said it was really good !
I got our usual - the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli
This was way different than what it used to look like. It tasted similar but I really missed the soupy part that came with it. It was a little bit on the dry side without it.
tempImagehpQc1Y.jpg

We got to watch the beautiful sunset !
tempImageORkPEf.jpg

tempImageKYN5ay.jpg

tempImageL3mF4e.jpg

Next up: more dinner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
A bit out of order but I took this one from inside (obviously)
DCC4F7C7-AF94-4EE6-A37F-D36979932194.jpeg

For entres I ordered the Oak-fired Filet of Beef as per usual.
The steak was great but the side was just ok - the description on the menu currently is "with Root Vegetable-Apple Pavé, Leek Fondue, Fig-Onion Demi" so I am not sure if that was what I was eating 🤷‍♀️
tempImagetmh1NV.jpg

My Mom went rogue with her entree order too! She ordered the jumbo scallops (with Carrot Puree, Butter-poached Baby Carrots, Orange Gel, Pickled Pearl Onion, Watermelon Radish)
tempImageWBE1nH.jpg

She said they were delicious !
Overall we had a great meal!
tempImageKKNRhn.jpg

After this we took an Uber home took our usual walk around the Boardwalk before going to bed!

Next up: Day 4

BrerWayne

Day 3 continued
A bit out of order but I took this one from inside (obviously)
View attachment 542718
For entres I ordered the Oak-fired Filet of Beef as per usual.
The steak was great but the side was just ok - the description on the menu currently is "with Root Vegetable-Apple Pavé, Leek Fondue, Fig-Onion Demi" so I am not sure if that was what I was eating 🤷‍♀️
View attachment 542719
My Mom went rogue with her entree order too! She ordered the jumbo scallops (with Carrot Puree, Butter-poached Baby Carrots, Orange Gel, Pickled Pearl Onion, Watermelon Radish)
View attachment 542720
She said they were delicious !
Overall we had a great meal!
View attachment 542721
After this we took an Uber home took our usual walk around the Boardwalk before going to bed!

Next up: Day 4
Those scallops look beautiful. And obviously you aren’t 12 years old. If your Mom vouches for your age to get a drink, you should get a drink.
Also beautiful sunset picture! Loving the report thus far!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
That blueberry martini is so good! I'm glad you were able to get one without your id!

It's so delicious!!!! By far my favorite Disney cocktail

Those scallops look beautiful. And obviously you aren’t 12 years old. If your Mom vouches for your age to get a drink, you should get a drink.
Also beautiful sunset picture! Loving the report thus far!

I know! My Mom was like I'm not lying about her age I promise! Thank you for reading!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 February 22, 2021
We got up around 7, got ready for the day and headed for our morning stroll around the Boardwalk
tempImageoBJwod.jpg

Another day another photo shoot :hilarious:
tempImagea7nXgd.jpg
tempImagerP5rCy.jpg
tempImageeTAQtj.jpg
tempImageERMnGH.jpg

For some reason the Joes slogan cracks us up. We always try to turn it into a jingle but it seems like it should rhyme and it doesn't.
tempImageWmq14N.jpg

tempImageOuGCZ8.jpg

We were supposed to go to Topolino's Terrace for breakfast but the menu really did not appeal to us especially at the price so we ended up going to Ale and Compass again!
tempImageIq6UoC.jpg
tempImagesKrCwA.jpg

A light for you....
tempImageAuRedf.jpg

Next up: more breakfast

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
These little condiment plates/cups are so cute but I feel like they must create so much work!
tempImageLUIkfd.jpg

tempImageIHBxnx.jpg

For breakfast I ordered the American Breakfast
tempImage6Zc5G6.jpg

And my Mom had the blueberry bacon pancakes
tempImageK5VEWB.jpg

She could not understand why they put a tomato on this plate (it was weird....) so we banned it to it's own plate with this cute little Tabasco
tempImage1yt09B.jpg

Our breakfast was good as usual!
After this we headed over to Epcot. We got there around 10 and we were let in the park around 10:15
We decided to Rope Drop Frozen!
tempImagepq6LKr.jpg

tempImagePXbdPJ.jpg

We were on the very first boat for the day!
EB39E5B1-CE48-4BDF-8DAC-489D2FE7DCC9.jpeg

They asked if we wanted to go on again so we said yes!
111B9E84-9F94-40E3-8298-5C9FC628F9A3.jpeg

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
After Frozen we wandered over to Test Track, but once we got there the wait time popped up to 45 minutes. We figured we would skip it and move onto rides we have not done yet.
So off to The Seas we went
tempImageHHILy6.jpg

tempImagefiqww6.jpg

I guess that is all I have for photos? :joyfull:
Then we headed to Figment!
tempImagecdO9SS.jpg
tempImageEOC9qa.jpg
tempImagegKHoEe.jpg
tempImageL5fM8t.jpg
tempImage0FkFcQ.jpg

We had the whole car to ourselves!
tempImage86loi6.jpg

tempImagezxomTU.jpg

tempImagemfP4yZ.jpg

Next up: more Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom