Trip Report **COMPLETED** 364 Days and 8 Canceled Trips Later !

HI EVERYONE!!! I AM BACK AFTER A VERY LONG ABSENCE FROM THE BOARDS!!! WOOHOO! (sorry to all the trip reports I missed)

There were many days when I did not feel like this day would ever come. I am very good at compartmentalizing my life and hiding my emotions - it’s a bad coping mechanism I learned in residency. However, COVID got to me. Every single day was exhausting. For months and months and months. I think there were periods of time I worked more than I even worked in residency. I could not even feel that sad about not being on vacation because I was so burnt out. AND, I don’t even work in a hospital so I can’t even imagine what those healthcare workers were feeling. For weeks (really months) I did not sleep. I constantly worried about my patients who were sick and after treating/testing my own COVID patients I was terrified I would give it to my family.
A3F8A3DA-B09B-4354-A58E-674021929BE9.jpeg

01D08CF0-281C-4091-96F1-319E1B8DA870.jpeg

The few times I would go somewhere that felt fun I stressed for weeks after that it was a mistake. I obviously did not plan on going into medicine and having to deal with a pandemic. There was no outlet and we talked about it at work over and over again how none of us could leave or escape because of all the travel restrictions. Even when we were “off” there was no true mental break. I tried to make my YouTube videos and work on my Instagram, but I just wasn’t really into it. I was angry at people who got to go to Disney. I was jealous but I also felt like it was so irresponsible to travel during the big surges. I had way too many patients who got sick after travel so it just made me anxious to see it more than anything. My Mom would constantly tell me she was depressed that she could not be in Disney and I just did not feel the same way. I knew I would be anxious the whole time being there. But…then a ray of light hit in the form of a vaccine. I was so happy to receive my first dose right before Christmas. It was truly the best Christmas gift.
4BE62FEF-1D8C-4DF2-9952-C538DCD2AADC.jpeg

Then - my Mom was able to get hers too because she works in the dental field. A few weeks after my first shot (and a very depressing holiday season because I was quarantined after a work exposure) one of my co-workers who runs all our COVID stuff told me we could go to Florida since we were both vaccinated (and fully vaccinated before we leave). It was a shock, but we were both so excited! I still was not 100 percent ready to go without doing my research. The UK strain made me super anxious so I studied the numbers, the data, the vaccine efficacy against it etc and I felt like it was OK to go. I also asked all my co-workers and did as much due diligence as I could. Everyone told me go!!

WHO?: The usual....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
Photo from our last trip before COVID
616D5A02-0E9B-47E4-9A24-6D7994E124EA.jpeg

When?
February 19 - February 27, 2021 (took me a bit to get this TR started)

Where?
Yacht Club :) Nice AP deal!

February 19, 2021 - Day 1
Our flight was not until a little bit later in the morning, but one of the few things that kept me sane this last year was working out so I kept on my regular schedule and got up at 5 am to work out.
Airport ready!
tempImageG4cVK9.jpg

Then I had a work meeting at 7 am so I listened to that while waiting for my parents to pick me up!
My meeting went extra long so it lasted the whole drive to the airport, but at least I did not have time to get nervous along the way!
Guys...we were so out of practice for travel. I do not travel lightly and usually my Mom takes some of my stuff but this time she did not since we really did not decide we were officially going until right before the trip. So, both of my suitcases weighed 53 pounds :hilarious:. I was honesty going to pay the fee because I was so embarrassed, but my Mom was like absolutely not so we shuffled some things around. Then I thought TSA pre-check was closed so I took out all my electronics but I actually just missed the sign pointing us to the new location. Lastly, I forgot to take my backpack off when going through security. My Mom and I often said to each other this trip "what are you new?!" which we ended up abbreviating to "WAYN." :happy::joyfull:
Anyway....we eventually made it through security. A lot of stuff at the Buffalo Airport is still closed, but thankfully our usual go to bagel place was still open.
I made us drink emergen-c (and I packed us full of vitamins this whole trip).
tempImageC9cCJ1.jpg

Look how cute this bagel individualized packet is! I am a germaphobe by nature (before it was cool to be one) so this made me giddy :p
tempImagela85RY.jpg

tempImagesQZzlK.jpg

Side note...I took a lot of phone pictures this trip because I got lazy.
Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the actual bagel but a bagel is a bagel!
After our breakfast we headed to the gate. Our plane was already there!
tempImage5sMMoA.jpg

Squished face from the N95 under my surgical mask :)
tempImage6yzKCu.jpg

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After BTMR I made my Mom take a 100 photos for me for Instagram :hilarious: :joyfull:
Honestly I do not know how she puts up with me sometimes!
I wanted some photos of my IASW fannypack that @sheriffwoody sent me as a gift! It was the sweetest surprise I got in the mail - she knew how much I wanted it but it sold out the first time it was released!
tempImageTgmLiI.jpg

tempImageSjSc9F.jpg

tempImager2LdCi.jpg

Then we took some PP pictures
7CC02C7E-6CB1-4FBC-A9D6-A52588BB5E7A.jpeg

CEFDD511-D7E6-45E8-B718-D3B7DC29717F.jpeg

After this we headed towards Main Street so we could mail some postcards. My cousins are taking their kids to Disney for the first time in August so we wrote out some postcards pretending they were from Mickey!
For some reason I could not find the mailbox so I asked a CM in the Emporium where it was and she told me they did not have any :banghead:
I'm like I'm 100 percent sure you do - so we wandered a little more and found one outside the firehouse.
tempImagep8eNzT.jpg

I then promptly went back into the Emporium to let the Cast Member know because I could not let it go :joyfull:
After this we headed over towards Winnie the Pooh
tempImageQKj6j9.jpg

tempImageNOzKNU.jpg

30CDF31D-AE2C-442D-94B1-7551C46B8395.jpeg

7A61FF11-2556-4213-8DF7-A19DF4E4F4FF.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
3FE5775C-ED15-4075-B4A5-0A0CDCA89EAD.jpeg

0F317E08-837A-4884-8ED8-2B53250A9DC0.jpeg

3DABC72B-C238-4596-95E4-CB4D53DC2ABF.jpeg

Then we headed to Dumbo
C691C711-AC63-49EB-8DE4-DCFFFBF174EC.jpeg

45C53E13-13C1-4BC0-B011-08D390CA85B7.jpeg

43765817-D705-47A4-858E-90DB835704C6.jpeg

tempImageoyj8wS.jpg

We were pretty hungry after this so we headed to Cosmic Ray's. I actually like how you have to space out while waiting for your mobile order now - so much better. I'm sure it will not last though :hilarious:
We both ordered chicken strips and fries
29C5136A-F93C-41CE-9C6F-2F18878E5E2A.jpeg

The chicken strips were pretty :grumpy: They were overcooked I think and not good. We missed the regular chicken nuggets that they used to have everywhere. I hope they bring them back!
The fries were delicious though!
We really missed Sonny Eclipse ! Funny the little things seem to be the things I missed the most. We FaceTimed my nephew when we were there because he also loves Sonny. He insists he is the one who taught Sonny how to play piano :hilarious:
9F9D1FC3-B3B7-4EE1-A27A-DA13DDF636FB.jpeg

F23BA06A-E18C-4C28-9625-C8E1E28F3E16.jpeg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I thought I had read somewhere that they did get rid of the mailboxes at MK. Glad to know there is still one around. Enjoying your trip report so far.

Thank you! There were a few around the train station but they definitely got rid of the rest of them !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After our lunch we headed out of the park...well not before some PP pictures
57EABD38-D9F5-435E-921D-7207E2DF72FC.jpeg

These photos with Mickey crack me up ...so weird
D42106A6-202A-4E8E-A464-C2EA796DA86D.jpeg

I grabbed some popcorn on the way out because I missed Disney popcorn so much!
tempImagevn0hU2.jpg

Back at the Yacht Club we grabbed a cheesecake snack for my Mom and enjoyed it on the balcony
It was delicious - it had caramel inside. Yum Yum.
tempImage7SRGt1.jpg

We can not really sit still so we were thinking about what to do in the afternoon. Normally we would spend some time at the pool, but it was still a bit chilly out. So, we decided to park hop to Hollywood Studios!
It was still a little bit before 2 pm so we figured we would take the Skyliner over to kill some extra time.
tempImageXiXbTr.jpg

tempImagepCehuz.jpg

tempImageeyKfDu.jpg

tempImagelLGzCu.jpg

Next up: Hollywood Studios

Songbird76

Day 3 continued
After BTMR I made my Mom take a 100 photos for me for Instagram :hilarious: :joyfull:
Honestly I do not know how she puts up with me sometimes!
I wanted some photos of my IASW fannypack that @sheriffwoody sent me as a gift! It was the sweetest surprise I got in the mail - she knew how much I wanted it but it sold out the first time it was released!
View attachment 541686
View attachment 541688
View attachment 541689
Then we took some PP pictures
View attachment 541690
View attachment 541691
After this we headed towards Main Street so we could mail some postcards. My cousins are taking their kids to Disney for the first time in August so we wrote out some postcards pretending they were from Mickey!
For some reason I could not find the mailbox so I asked a CM in the Emporium where it was and she told me they did not have any :banghead:
I'm like I'm 100 percent sure you do - so we wandered a little more and found one outside the firehouse.
View attachment 541693
I then promptly went back into the Emporium to let the Cast Member know because I could not let it go :joyfull:
After this we headed over towards Winnie the Pooh
View attachment 541696
View attachment 541697
View attachment 541698
View attachment 541699

What did the emporium CM say when you told her about the mailbox? I think I might have done the same thing....go back to tell her.

slipperalwaysfits

Things seemed to be going smoothly as we entertained ourselves with the Animal Kingdom show on Disney Plus. However, I noticed the flight tracker was not moving. Turns out there was some holding pattern in Orlando so we could not land. They said it was due to weather.
Just catching up! So glad to see you back here and glad you and your mom got in a great trip!! :geek: :geek: Sorry to hear about your crazy long flight. I'm always so impaitent when I'm going to Disney and that would just make me more stressed!

Seeing everything when we walked in was the best thing that happened to me in months. Disney truly is escapism and I don’t think I realized just how much I needed it. I cried for a solid 5 minute
AAAAAAAAAAawwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so glad you had your "magic moment." Escapes are highly underrated!

On our way out of the park we walked by Peter Pan's Flight. It was closed but I saw some people lining up so we hopped in line on a whim. It opened about 2 minutes after this...for once we had good timing this day!
DisneyMAGIC!:geek::geek:

For breakfast I ordered a tea and this little teapot was so cute
AAAAAAAAaaawwwwwwwwww, yes, I was wondering where Chip was, too! I will have to order the tea next time!
Food wise my Mom got the Blueberry Bacon Pancakes
These look soooooo yummy!!

AND....the star of the show...the food item we talk about all year long: Almond Frangipane Cake layered with Raspberry Jam and Belgian Chocolate
The ENTIRE Reason for making the trip to FARTS! 😍😍:hilarious: Disney food is just THAT GOOD! I have a couple of Disney treats I feel that way about...see: France.
We missed the Peoplemover
I really miss the Peoplemover. It's a fantastic people-eater; plus, I just love seeing MK from that high~
Good for you for finding it! I hope they leave it! Like you, I'd go back in and set the CM straight (nicely, of course). I was in the Emporium in November and found several cast members very unhelpful. A bit rude and just not interested in even attempting to help. I get they deal with people ALL THE TIME but I knew WALT would be disappointed in their customer service.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Just catching up! So glad to see you back here and glad you and your mom got in a great trip!! :geek: :geek: Sorry to hear about your crazy long flight. I'm always so impaitent when I'm going to Disney and that would just make me more stressed!

AAAAAAAAAAawwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so glad you had your "magic moment." Escapes are highly underrated!

DisneyMAGIC!:geek::geek:

AAAAAAAAaaawwwwwwwwww, yes, I was wondering where Chip was, too! I will have to order the tea next time!

These look soooooo yummy!!

The ENTIRE Reason for making the trip to FARTS! 😍😍:hilarious: Disney food is just THAT GOOD! I have a couple of Disney treats I feel that way about...see: France.

I really miss the Peoplemover. It's a fantastic people-eater; plus, I just love seeing MK from that high~

Good for you for finding it! I hope they leave it! Like you, I'd go back in and set the CM straight (nicely, of course). I was in the Emporium in November and found several cast members very unhelpful. A bit rude and just not interested in even attempting to help. I get they deal with people ALL THE TIME but I knew WALT would be disappointed in their customer service.

Thanks for all the comments!
I agree I had a few questionable CM encounters this trip...it was kind of a bummer. I feel like in years past someone else would have asked another CM the question to get an answer but instead she was like whatever
Buy yes the food and treats are the best part!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom