Complete List of New Food at the Parks for Mickey's Celebration

Rich T

This item is just...disturbing on so many levels. Yeeeeeg.
terriblywrong.jpg

Rich T

What, you don't like eating out of Minnie's skirt?
WHO WOULD???? I really do not understand this recent Disney merchandise trend of dishes/cups etc. shaped like skirts or Mickey's pants. It's just so weird and tacky and gross. On a lighter note, how the heck would Mickey feel about witnessing a bunch of strangers gobbling ice cream out of a bowl shaped like his sweetheart's skirt?
Mickey (on cell phone): Hiya, Bob. Um... can we talk for a moment?
And... how would the walk-around Minnie character react to it? I'd love to see her scream, grab the dish from the startled guest and throw it as far as she could. :D

Disney Irish

Premium Member
WHO WOULD???? I really do not understand this recent Disney merchandise trend of dishes/cups etc. shaped like skirts or Mickey's pants. It's just so weird and tacky and gross. On a lighter note, how the heck would Mickey feel about witnessing a bunch of strangers gobbling ice cream out of a bowl shaped like his sweetheart's skirt?
Mickey (on cell phone): Hiya, Bob. Um... can we talk for a moment?
And... how would the walk-around Minnie character react to it? I'd love to see her scream, grab the dish from the startled guest and throw it as far as she could. :D

I don't see anything really wrong with it. I mean I don't see it as any really different than eating one of the Mickey head ice cream bars that has been around for years. You're literally eating Mickey at that point. :eek:

Both the Mickey pants and the Minnie skirt are iconic, so its another "thing" for people to buy that they recognize.

Rich T

I don't see anything really wrong with it. I mean I don't see it as any really different than eating one of the Mickey head ice cream bars that has been around for years. You're literally eating Mickey at that point. :eek:

Both the Mickey pants and the Minnie skirt are iconic, so its another "thing" for people to buy that they recognize.
People... are... eating... out... of... pants... and... skirts.
I don't care if the images are iconic. So is Jimmy Durante's nose. That doesn't mean I want to eat ice cream out of it. :D

Disney Irish

Premium Member
People... are... eating... out... of... pants... and... skirts.
I don't care if the images are iconic. So is Jimmy Durante's nose. That doesn't mean I want to eat ice cream out of it. :D

I don't think you can find any 6 year old that knows who Jimmy Durante is let alone his nose.... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: But yet I bet they can recognize Mickey's pants (provided they know who Mickey is ;)).

Rich T

I don't think you can find any 6 year old that knows who Jimmy Durante is let alone his nose.... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: But yet I bet they can recognize Mickey's pants (provided they know who Mickey is ;)).
Hey, someday they'll know who the Frosty narrator is. Or not. But... wait... stop sidetracking me...
MY POINT... as apparently futile as it is... is that, again, Disney has entered self-parody territory. This is exactly the sort of gross fictional merchandise that Mad Magazine, The Simpsons, or Family Guy would create in a piece skewering Disney parks. Only it's real.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hey, someday they'll know who the Frosty narrator is. Or not. But... wait... stop sidetracking me...
MY POINT... as apparently futile as it is... is that, again, Disney has entered self-parody territory. This is exactly the sort of gross fictional merchandise that Mad Magazine, The Simpsons, or Family Guy would create in a piece skewering Disney parks. Only it's real.

Well since Disney now owns 2/3s of the examples you provided its only fitting... ;):p:cool:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And in honor of acquisitions, here's a shot of my 2 favorite Disney characters reacting to the Minnie sundae:
View attachment 341843

Actually I would think that Henry Sr. would be tickled about having an ice cream in a Mickey or Minne bowl, especially if Dr. Schneider was serving it to him. Actually thinking about it, both would be ok with it if she was serving it to them... ;):p:cool:

FerretAfros

While I applaud the effort to change things up at the largely-lackluster restaurants throughout the resort, I fail to see how most of these food items are related to Mickey in any way. Other than a few too many overly social media-ready items with "ears" added, it seems like the overwhelming majority of these items are just random additions. Not that there's anything wrong with a burger covered in thousand island dressing, hotdog with mac & cheese, charcuterie board, or banana pudding churro, but there's nothing to connect them to Mickey's 90th rather than any other event.

Why not just regularly change up the menus? Once you get past the standard quick service fare available at multiple locations in both parks (burgers, pizza, Mexican, soup), there's really not a lot of variety in options. DLR has had equally random "seasonal" foods for various promotions for years, so there seems to be demand for new spins on familiar classics. Given that the same few menus are repeated many times over, it shouldn't be too difficult to let each location have one or two unique signature items to make them stand out from the other half-dozen locales serving the exact same food. Or is this a case of artificially induced demand due to limited availability, like the McRib?

Curious Constance

Is there anything about the Mickey 90th celebration that connects to Mickey’s 90th birthday in any meaningful way? I don’t think the resort is into meaningful additions much anymore. I think they’d much rather just have a bunch of instagramable food/merchandise/d-d-dance parties. Hence why you’ll see much more purple merchandise this year (and pink last year) than anything to really celebrate the 50th for Potc, HM, etc. I keep hoping this is just a phase and will blow over someday, but I’m concerned.

Figments Friend

The best thing I have seen to date related to Mickey's 90th is the utterly gigantic hardcover book covering his entire history.
I saw it over at Wonderground Gallery on Monday and it's the most meaningful tribute I've seen to date.

The book is huge...must be 20000 pages and it's size is that of 'the pirate code' book prop used in the POTC 3 film.
Price - only $200 , but it comes with a free Mickey head ribbon bookmark!

One book was open for flipping through, while sealed copies stood by for purchase.
Some very cool, rare and early vintage images inside.
Well worth checking out if you are passing by.

-

Rich T

Okay...How about food actually inspired by Mickey cartoons? Like...
1) The BOX LUNCH Minnie sang about? Baloney, Macaroni and Huckleberry pie!
2) A lollipop fly swatter with seven candy flies stuck to it! (Brave Little Tailor)
3) Clock Cleaner Cupcakes!
4) Steamboat Willie’s Giant Baked Potatoes!
5) Candy Brooms!!!!!! (Fantasia)
6) Lonesome Toast(s)!

mickEblu

The best thing I have seen to date related to Mickey's 90th is the utterly gigantic hardcover book covering his entire history.
I saw it over at Wonderground Gallery on Monday and it's the most meaningful tribute I've seen to date.

The book is huge...must be 20000 pages and it's size is that of 'the pirate code' book prop used in the POTC 3 film.
Price - only $200 , but it comes with a free Mickey head ribbon bookmark!

One book was open for flipping through, while sealed copies stood by for purchase.
Some very cool, rare and early vintage images inside.
Well worth checking out if you are passing by.

-

You must be talking about this...

0DAC4A15-609F-41AA-B168-4FD3EC2AE6C3.jpeg

Taschen makes some great books! A few of use here bought the Disneyland book they released last summer. I’m sure the Mickey Mouse one is fantastic.

Figments Friend

You must be talking about this...

View attachment 342686

Taschen makes some great books! A few of use here bought the Disneyland book they released last summer. I’m sure the Mickey Mouse one is fantastic.

Yes indeed, this is the one!
This book is HUGE...must weight fifty pounds and is the size diameters of a two year old child.
$200 price tag, but dang is it spectacular.
Well worth flipping through for the rare images alone.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom