Complained About New Parking Fees

HouCuseChickie

I know my parents did. They are FL resident APs and are retired. They travel a lot, but being retired, they look closely at costs. My dad said he got a canned response with all that will be coming soon. In other words, we’re adding all of this great stuff that you’ll be missing if you don’t renew your passes vs directly addressing their complaints.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
A few of the previous posts shared "form letters" they received in response. In my case, I "mentioned" (to the point of complaining) to "managers" on 2 separate trips. The general response was that it was policy and not different to what any other hotel in the near vicinity was doing. One of the managers even cited the Swolphin and Bonnet Creek.

Edited to say: I really wasn't looking to create a scene. I knew there wasn't much they could do. Just wanted to be counted in the "how many people brought up the parking charges" equation at their next meeting.

Goofyernmost

A few of the previous posts shared "form letters" they received in response. In my case, I "mentioned" (to the point of complaining) to "managers" on 2 separate trips. The general response was that it was policy and not different to what any other hotel in the near vicinity was doing. One of the managers even cited the Swolphin and Bonnet Creek.

Edited to say: I really wasn't looking to create a scene. I knew there wasn't much they could do. Just wanted to be counted in the "how many people brought up the parking charges" equation at their next meeting.
Stating verbally that you "dislike" the fee accomplishes nothing. Not giving them money and making sure that they know that the reason is because of it... will give it a much stronger message.

Goofyernmost

Yeah...I get that. You have to pick and chose your battles. I'm not going to war over $19 or $24. Not going to war over resort fees either.
That's up to you. I took the money away years ago when I felt that I was being picked up by the ankles and having every single penny extracted from my pockets. I have a very low tolerance for price gouging. Nothing there, other then the parks, is worth the money and I will not give anymore to them. What you do is your business, but, to me some battles are worth fighting.

Goofyernmost

To me...every battle is not....otherwise I'd still be fighting for ticket books.

Your prerogative....I haven't
I agree, as is your prerogative to do otherwise. Do as you please. I have no say or interest in anyone doing anything other then what they want. However, my telling you and others what I would do or what I have done is as much of a legitimate discussion point as any other.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I agree, as is your prerogative to do otherwise. Do as you please. I have no say or interest in anyone doing anything other then what they want. However, my telling you and others what I would do or what I have done is as much of a legitimate discussion point as any other.

Agree. It's choice...no right or wrong.

A little anecdote.... I remember going to see GnR opening for Motley Crue in 1987 at the Hollywood Sportatorium (before GnR hit big).....my ticket cost about $8......fast forward....me and the Mrs are going to see Journey and Def Leppard in FLL in August of this year and I spent about $380 for a pair of tickets. Plus I will pay for parking, overpriced beer and probably a $10 pretzel.

You want to fight a windmill Don?.......feel free.

PeakSeason

I know my parents did. They are FL resident APs and are retired. They travel a lot, but being retired, they look closely at costs. My dad said he got a canned response with all that will be coming soon. In other words, we’re adding all of this great stuff that you’ll be missing if you don’t renew your passes vs directly addressing their complaints.
Despite all of the discussions about the new parking fees, I didn't realize that resort parking isn't free to AP holders. We pay for parking at almost every place we vacation, so it's no biggie as far as I'm concerned, but I had previously assumed it didn't apply to AP holders since AP's include free parking.

I wonder if we were charged on our June trip. I never reviewed my room charges.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
38991A02-BAF3-4A8E-B0E4-6484088217B4.jpeg

HouCuseChickie

Despite all of the discussions about the new parking fees, I didn't realize that resort parking isn't free to AP holders. We pay for parking at almost every place we vacation, so it's no biggie as far as I'm concerned, but I had previously assumed it didn't apply to AP holders since AP's include free parking.

I wonder if we were charged on our June trip. I never reviewed my room charges.

It's all on this page. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/ Rather than say that complimentary parking isn't extended to AP holders, they specify who will not be charged. My parents have stayed 3 or 4 times since this was implemented and have been charged for parking each time. I mean, I get that lots of places charge for parking, but it's always going to sting when something previously "free" becomes an extra charge. Beyond that, I know a number of my FL AP holder friends were pretty ticked off. The issue has been debated enough, so I'm not going to get into it, but at this point it just is what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom