Commemorative Items?

sandam1

Original Poster
I am registered for my first runDisney event - the Star Wars Half Marathon in January. Woo-hoo! I got an e-mail recently about purchasing additional commemorative items and I am confused by it. It takes me to a link to order the items, but I can't find anywhere see what they look like. Am I missing something?

Texas84

I don't think they ever provide any pictures until the event gets closer. People pre-order them anyway. I do. :)

LindsayLoves

Nope. You are literally rolling the dice with all the pre-order items. Luckily you can return them and in most cases exchange them for a different size at pick up.

sandam1

Original Poster
That's kind of what I thought, but Disney's website isn't always intuitive so I figured that I would ask. So my next questions:

- Do they have the items for sale at the Expo as well? Just in case, I don't buy something and it winds up that I love the design.
- Does anyone has images of what last year's looked like? I'm looking at the necklace specifically. I'd like the keychain, but don't want to buy the package.

LindsayLoves

That's kind of what I thought, but Disney's website isn't always intuitive so I figured that I would ask. So my next questions:

- Do they have the items for sale at the Expo as well? Just in case, I don't buy something and it winds up that I love the design.
- Does anyone has images of what last year's looked like? I'm looking at the necklace specifically. I'd like the keychain, but don't want to buy the package.

I would not count on any pre-sale items to be available at the expo, especially because Star Wars weekend brings a lot of folks who just want to buy the swag to sell it later. There is a chance... for example they had loads of the women's marathon jacket left after pre-sale this year because it was ugly. That was the only pre-sale item I saw for general sale at any point.

dreamfinder

For whatever reason alot of the presale stuff is limited release (which makes sense) but the amount made doesn't always match up to what they pre-sale. For instance they usually do 2 different pins for each event for Marathon weekend (3 if you count the I Did It!), but will only pre-sale one of them (usually a strict LE). Some years they have had left overs, other years they haven't. runDisney does a pretty poor job of managing merch for their events. Things like not having artwork (even mock ups) of the pre-sale merchandise, to having sizing seemly completely mismatch what is needed. I mean we select shirt sizing, how hard is it to order in those sizes to prevent havings tons of XL merch left on Friday and not much else.

Kermit262

Couldn't agree with this more. There was a ton of L/XL jackets and shirts remaining at last year's expo, and all of the smaller sizes were gone. And that was the first day of the expo! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom