Commander Chris's Sept 30th update

-Philharmagic was really sad today. Although the parks were very very quiet today (There were only four sections filled at MK), not a true opening day but hey, it happens. Got that pin, and apparently either they didnt put that many out or they were moving like a cheeta today because there were only ten out on display.
-I'll be uploading the posters in the quene for PM in a few mins. (Including Weezie, and his concert which is in its final squeaks.)
-Buzz broke down for like 30 mins. today.
-I was looking at a Tell A Cast book today and noticed that it showed FITS ending on the 4th. I might have read it wrong but...
-BTMRR is still set to reopen on Nov 22nd.
-Forgot when SFRTH will reopen, sometime around Oct 21st I believe.

-Over at MGM they are working on putting up a perminate bag check next to the dog kennel, and their doing some other work in that area (No, its not the dog walk).
-Didnt get back to see whats what with the Haunted Mansion
-Noticed that MGM has the red Magical Gatherings signs.

I just noticed that lately, it seems like Im complaining way way too much on the boards so Im just gonna break it down from that long speach I had up here earlier.

Basically, my CM pass expires tonight. They wouldnt let me in the backstage area because I guess they go by "If its the date on the card, despite the time, its expired". I got just a slight aggrivated, supervisor chewed me out for me saying "Your joking" to the gaurd at the CM entrance, treated me like trash. I told her (Even though she had no connection to me whatsoever) that I quit.

So, you wont see me as a CM anymore at the mouse's house but still...
----
Still, I will be at the parks, this doesnt change one thing about how I feel or think about Disney. My trademark will still be around, Im not leaving the parks because of it, nor do I plan on it.
But speaking of trademarks, the jacket has put in a request for a vacation (Little rat, all it does is hang around). It should be back around November. My Shirts and all will still be here, as well as my satchel and hat.

But for now, its on to Mickey's Not So Scary Holloween Party on Oct 5th.

The_CEO

Hey Indy, Wouldn't of you of known that your ID has expired? Would of there have been a way to get a new one prior to this incident?

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It expires at 11:59 pm TONIGHT. But apparently, certain people have certain ideas about a Exp. date on things.

Seriously though, Im not letting it bother me. Since I was seasonal and Im not working, well, saying I was still there, it doesnt really matter. Besides, now that Im not having to worry about Disney as a second job, I can put my attention and focus on my classes. And after today, these kids need all the help they can get.

PhotoDave219

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar run in with a CM at the front gate whom kept yelling at me when i accidently used an expired park ticket to try and enter; looked just the same as the one i was staying under. So the woman - from the virgin islands, her name is in my trip report - just tells at me and tells me to go to guest relations, where he takes one look at the ticket and tells me i'm using the wrong ticket.

One situation that got totally out of control because a CM working at the gate wasnt compitent enough to pick up the ticket and look at it.

CTXRover

In regard to CM's being rude at entrances, I think that the people in the front of the parks should be the friendliest people in the parks. However, they are sometimes the rudest. I don't know if its because they've stretched one CM across several turnstyles since putting in the machines that guests feed their own ticket through or not, but they get very easily irritated when people's passes don't work. Case in point, my brother used his annual pass at the MK, but the finger sensor wouldn't read his fingerprints. The CM 'rudely' yelled at him to "put your fingers all the way in"! Now, I know in some cases it is first-timers, but in his case, he's been doing this finger thing for like 5 years! It was the sensor, not my brother. The CM finally let him in by pushing a button. I had the same problem with that sensor when I went to enter next. Yet, after getting the CM's attention that I was having a problem, I got the same spiel: "Put your fingers all the way in!", like I was some moron. I could have pressed down and grasped those black things in the center for my dear life, that sensor wasn't working! Do not fear, I still got in ;)

XCommNavISTC, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I don't know if you've quit yet, but don't let one CM's actions discourage you. However, this may not be my place, but if what you described happened as you said, I think the supervisor had every right to ask you to leave :( One of the park rules stated on the guide maps is to not use profanity. Especially since you are a CM, even though you were not on "duty", you shouldn't talk like that since you were trying to use your CM ID. Just my thoughts. Please do not take it personally and I encourage you to stay a CM. They need people like you, who care enough about Disney to write on fan boards. Not just your average "run-of-the-mill" teen who couldn't care less if a guest had a good time. It may have been that type of mentality that your CM at the entrance had.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Pics are uploaded

Ducks protest mistreatment of Donald in Mickey's PhilharMagic
showphoto.php

An evening with Wheeze!
showphoto.php

Here's GENIE!
showphoto.php

Ariel on her first tour ever!
showphoto.php

Oh and if your at the parks before Oct 8th, and you notice TONS of Disney's Rent-A-Cops around. Means, Mr. Trashin the Camp, Two Worlds, One Family, the ledgendary (At least to me) Phil Collins is in the area. He's here as part of the media blitz (performing) plus he'll be doing a concert somewhere at Disney, I dont believe its at HOBs, fact Im sure it isnt.

Also, if you were down at The West Side today, you might have noticed a big hoopla over at AMC today. I believe it was for a "Hollywoodish Premiere" for Brother Bear. More than likely was because half of the theater was blocked off and on the Virgin Mega side, all the posters were for Brother Bear, and that movie doesnt come out until Nov. So my bet is on a premier for BB.

As for what I said to the guard, I seriously said "f'n" I didnt say the full word, although its just as good as saying it I suppose.
I think I speak for a lot of CMs here when I say, "Youve got your friendly managers/supervisors....and you've got your jerkoffs" Simple as that. But, despite what I said, she had no right to trash me in front of the guests as she did. Like I was told by my mentor (My grandfather), Praise in public, repremaind in private. All though she might not have heard of it, still, she should've known not to trash me like she did, expecially in front of the guests (Which to me, totally wiped out the whole "Magical Feel" of things).

Still, this was over at the Studios. Since Im over at ISTC, it might be different now that I look at it more. I dunno. Right now, I havent turned in my papers. I'm seasonal so it doesnt really bother me at all right now.

But can we sorta drift over into the left lane and talk about whats going on at the parks please?

CTXRover

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Pics are uploaded

Thanks! Great pics. I like the ducks on strike :lol:

The posters in the queue look nice. Are they new? I hadn't seen anyone post them before. :)

Purdue129

Originally posted by CTXRover
One of the park rules stated on the guide maps is to not use profanity.

What profanity did he use? I didn't see anything in his first post. Or was that part of the 'long speech' he mentioned?

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It was in my original "long speech"

Anyways.

Yeah, the protest was the greatest part of the day. I couldn't get in a good position to get a nice shot but it was hilarous as to what they were saying....I wont say a lot because there's ankel bitters around but some things were just funny as all get out....

But when they brought in the signs, I knew Mickey and the gang were in for a fight...unfortunatly, they were protesting while the parade was going on...oh but trust me, Mickey saw it out of the corner of his eye.

Disneyfalcon

Hey x2comm we'll be at MNSSHP on the 5th too! Sorry about your experience though!
What did you mean Phil Collins, I looove him, Tarzan best soundtrack ever, will be there before the 8th? We'll be there the 4th -12th. Is there anywhere we should look for him? And Gary Sinise, Tom Hanks, and Wayne Brady for that matter!
Thanks if you have any info!

4 days!! I can't stand it!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Heh, well if your out there and your trying to track me down, I'll either be wearing my usual Commanders Jacket (Just look for the BIG Mission: SPACE icon on the back). Or, if I feel like it, I'll pull out my Indiana Jones suit, complete with Whip AND Revolver (Yes, I actually do have a permit for those).

Phil is here for, my guess, the official opening of ISTC EPCOT. Your chances are very slim, to none on seeing Gary or Tom. They're flying in the day of the opening and flying out just as quickly.

DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE MY WORD ON THIS.
But from what I've heard, Phil is staying somewhere at the Wilderness Lodge area. Don't know for sure, thats all I heard.

But his real guards (Not Disney's Rent-A-Cops) will be swarming over the area Phil is in like a bee after a bear.

Oh yeah, and if you have anything else to ask me, just talk to me on AOL/AIM at X2CommNavISTC or e-mail me at X2CommNavISTC@aol.com

Disneyfalcon

Cool! He's staying on Disney property! Will he go visit the theme parks?

Don't worry I won't take your word on that! Or stalk him for that matter! I'm just a little star struck!:lol:

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
STALKER! STALKER! Get Disney's Rent-A-Cops in here!

Sorry, I wouldnt embarrasse you by having you get picked up by the Comic Relief of a stressful day.

As you can tell, I think Disney "Security" is a joke.

More than likely will. I forgot who, but I remember that they cleared RnR load, unloading area for a few stars on seperate occasions so they could ride without getting hammered. So if your at Splash Mnt. and you dont hear any screams for like five minutes, then you hear some, then you dont, Means hes there.....and if you keep hearing screams....either tell the voices in your head to sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride......or get some help.

Thank you, my jokes are bad but Im here all week.....SO DEAL WITH IT!:lol:

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hm, So I guess this is where the updates start going.

Anyways, I was looking at my map from yesterday and noticed two strange things.

1. Goofy's Attraction isnt on there.
2. PhilharMagic isnt on there either.

Are they working on a new map with the updated numbers? Whats the deal?

Bagheera

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Or, if I feel like it, I'll pull out my Indiana Jones suit, complete with Whip AND Revolver (Yes, I actually do have a permit for those).

Chris, you won't be allowed to bring either into the MK, but I'm assuming that you already know that and are joking.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Actually. I called and even they didnt know an answer.

In the end, even with a permit Im not bring my whip.

BUT

I am bringing the revolver....just think about it for a second or two.

Bagheera

From the letter that came with the MNSSHP tickets, under "Halloween costumes should NOT:"

"Contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon."

That would seem to rule out actual weapons, as well.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom