Coming "home" finally!

Mainahman

Havent been to WDW since our trip in 2012. Fast forward, we've moved from Maine to Tennessee, 3 years ago, so we are a bit closer. Finally have about confirmed, and will book shortly here that we will be coming back "home" in april. Any tips on weeks in april? I know its flower and garden time, but also spring breaks and easter etc. Will be staying at Pop! as its our favorite, and will be driving there, and then parking and letting Disney do the work :)

JIMINYCR

You left me behind in Maine!!! Well the move will cut your driving time down considerably :D . We're going after you in May. If you are going during the busier weeks of April... get up and going to the parks early, take advantage of the EMH's, make sure youve got those ADR's and FP+ locked in at the 180 and 60 day times. And get yourselves versed in using devices because everythings being coordinated electronically since your last visit. .

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
its about 10.5 hours for us now! ha! work called us here in 2014. The week is up for debate, but we will be fleshing out the plan, and doing a sunday to Friday parks, with a Saturday and Saturday room only/ Disney springs to get our rest after driving. we all live on our phones anyways so ill just make sure we all have extra power packs etc. Weve always been a Get there at rope drop/ stay till they kick us out, and be wherever there is magic hours type anyways, plus my wife loves to plan all that out. Weve been under a lot of stress this last year, and this trip will pretty much be a way to relax from that.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

its about 10.5 hours for us now! ha! work called us here in 2014. The week is up for debate, but we will be fleshing out the plan, and doing a sunday to Friday parks, with a Saturday and Saturday room only/ Disney springs to get our rest after driving. we all live on our phones anyways so ill just make sure we all have extra power packs etc. Weve always been a Get there at rope drop/ stay till they kick us out, and be wherever there is magic hours type anyways, plus my wife loves to plan all that out. Weve been under a lot of stress this last year, and this trip will pretty much be a way to relax from that.

Sounds great. I'll do the planning for our trip but rely on my DS & DW once we get there. Theyve got their eyes glued to the phones too. We also get in early and stay late, utilize the EMH's but DS on past trips sometimes wanted to sleep in so we will see how it goes now that hes an adult. I'll be having a 24 hr drive but DS will fly in and meet us there.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
Looks like the week has changed. Looks like we are looking at March 3rd to 10th. Which my birthday is right in the middle! Going to call Disney tomorrow to book!

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
glad to hear! weather seems good, the crowds have died down from holidays, and you haven't hit spring break yet. Going to try to call the agent line tonight to book as we have decided to do a room only on the 3rd, have 6 days in the park, and stay that last night for a good night of sleep so we can get on the road to drive back to TN Saturday.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
TRIP IS BOOOKED! we arrive on the 3rd or march, room only, parks 4th-9th and then drive back on the 10th. Staying at Pop Century, with a request for the same room as last time if possible, and Quick serve dining, as thats what works for us. Going to do a pay out of pocket meal for at least my birthday, and maybe have to try a supper at Beauty and the Beast for the Grey stuff!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Congrats on your upcoming trip. IMHO you may be better off booking BOG for lunch as it's the best meal they serve all day and it's one qs credit. There's much nicer on property for an adult birthday dinner for the same price IMHO

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
Do we really need to Book BOG for lunch? IS it still that busy or can you walk up? We really like the QS dining plan so were not tied down. Were a rope drop to drag me out of the park family, and often park hop a couple times in a day.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Do we really need to Book BOG for lunch? IS it still that busy or can you walk up? We really like the QS dining plan so were not tied down. Were a rope drop to drag me out of the park family, and often park hop a couple times in a day.
BOG is still extremely busy for all three meals and walk-ups are most often turned away. It's best to book an ADR.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom