Comfiest Rides at DL and DCA

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Here we are with another thread based on a side conversation in another thread lol. What is the most comfortable ride(s) in your opinion at Disneyland and California Adventure?

Pirates is the most comfortable for me. There's enough leg room and even with four people in one row, I never feel squished. Mansion is also pretty comfy. I guess Dumbo is, too. Speaking of Dumbo, I remember times when I was a Fantasyland CM and people asking me for a seat in one of the cages for Casey. That is easily the most uncomfortable seat on the ride, but I guess it's fine if you're a small person. I'm sure there are plenty of others I can think of, but I'll leave it there for now.

Mermaid at DCA has nice vehicles to sit in. I enjoy going on that ride when I need a little break or am looking for excellent air conditioning, which it has.

Tamandua

I can't think of any rides that feel comfortable. I might be too tall because rides like pirates and mansion don't feel like they have enough leg room for me, and the safety bar usually hits me in the knee.

I remember when they did that refurbishment on the matterhorn and I went on it only to be shocked by how uncomfortable it was. It definitely got worse during the refurbishment.

waltography

Pirates is almost too comfortable for me: it's so dark in there at times that I have to fight to stay awake. 😂 Really, both the face-forward boat rides and Omnimover rides are comfy.

I'd also put RSR on this list, but specifically the middle seat or any of the back seats. The seats by either front tire are clipped by the wheels, so I have no idea where to put my feet there.

I'm fortunate not to experience the usual Matterhorn discomfort - it's not comfy, but it's also not painful like some have described.

180º

Pirates has generous leg room and that nice gentle floating motion, but the hard, unsupportive seats start to kill me near the end of the lengthy ride. I’d give the honor of all-around comfiest to the Tiki Room booths in the back, comfiest single seat to Indiana Jones, and comfiest bench seats to Big Thunder and Mr. Toad.

EDIT: Dangit, forgot about Soarin’. Not sure where I’d rank it next to Tiki Room and Indy but I might have to give it the grand prize. Full seat back, material with decent give, fantastic motion, and every seat in the house is equally comfy. Talk about a ride you could sit in all day.

DavidDL

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is my go-to attraction to relax and step away from the craziness of any given day. Shaded, peaceful, empty queue and the attraction has a soft, rocking motion. I'm tall but have no trouble with leg room on it.

In DCA; I'm giving it to Soarin'. Very relaxing.

-and while they aren't "rides", Tom Sawyer's Island and Grizzly Peak Challenge Trail are two of my favorite areas to relax, as well. "Comfy" in terms of setting. Bring a snack or some lunch into them and I'm good to go.

MagicWDI

DLRR for sure, especially at night. And even though PotC has the plastic seats, I'd say that's a close second. Both attractions tend to give me the feeling of escaping the hussle of the theme park world, just like Disneyland gives me that escape from the real world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom