Come on man!

Goofyernmost

Did you go when it opened? I was there, it was very disappointing and desolate. Also this thread's theme could be applied to almost every addition the park has received since:
Kali River Rapids (On top of being incredibly short was supposed to be the boat equivalent of Kilimanjaro)
Dinorama (no explanation needed)
Everest (Yeti)
~10 year gap of almost nothing new~
Rivers of Light (again no explanation needed)
Avatar (The fact that it took them six years to open)

The only addition to the park that had little to any disappointments was Finding Nemo the Musical.
If you really want to get picky about it, it actually took them then entire length of time that the earth has existed to get it built and open. I'm no expert, but, even though it seems, now that it is finished, to have been simple, the engineering of that place alone must have been mind boggling. And it didn't take 6 years from the time it started construction, just from the time they made the deal with Cameron. Which, btw, I suspect his involvement played a key roll in the time it took to make it happen.

Glasgow

Our week long stay at AKL in Feb 2006 was $2200 with 25% room discount (w/o food). A week long stay in Feb 2018 for 2 adults (I didn't incl the kids) is about $3500 w/o food (which includes a 25% room discount as well). $2200 vs $3500 in 12 years for a std room and std tix (not incl food), with relatively few notable park changes during that time period - precisely why we haven't been back since 2015. Come on man ..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom