• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Comcast Giving $1000 Bonuses To "Front Line" Employees

I am full time salaried team member with Universal in Orlando and can 100% confirm that Universal is giving its team members this bonus. Just another example of how much better Universal treats its employees than disney does. I left last year and have never looked back.
Does this bonus only apply to salaried employees? I am a server on Citywalk, and a "Casual" employee. I have been an employee since november of last year.

Advertisement
Not UO PR department, just a team member who's worked for the company for awhile and has been approved OT during those seasons.
Does this bonus only apply to salaried employees? I am a server on Citywalk, and a "Casual" employee. I have been an employee since november of last year.

They are, This was clarified and announced today

Dear Fellow Team Members,

Brian Roberts, Chairman and CEO of Comcast, recently announced awarding special $1,000 bonuses to eligible frontline and non-executive employees.

Universal Parks & Resorts is honored to be a part of the Comcast NBCUniversal family, an organization that believes in the promise and potential of our Team Members. Whether you work in Orlando, Hollywood, Osaka, or on the planning team for Beijing, you bring to life compelling entertainment and immersive experiences for our guests like no one else in the world. Our exciting growth demonstrates Comcast’s continued investment in our parks and resorts.

You can be proud, not only for our company, but that you are truly part of something bigger – just as I am proud to share this special bonus with you as we start the new year.

Thank you for everything you to do keep our guests entertained, and for making Universal Parks & Resorts the choice of millions worldwide!

Tom Williams
Chairman & CEO, Universal Parks & Resorts

raven

I am glad I was wrong and very happy for the employees. It is now time for Disney to step up and do the same thing, thanks to the tax cut.
Rumors of this first broke back in October...way BEFORE the tax cut decision. While the timing of the bonus makes it look that way, the decision was due to the recent Comcast/NBC Universa restructure.

seascape

Rumors of this first broke back in October...way BEFORE the tax cut decision. While the timing of the bonus makes it look that way, the decision was due to the recent Comcast/NBC Universa restructure.
Rumors were based on the tax cut coming. Comcast and the other companies clearly say the money for these bonuses come from lower taxes. In other words by letting companies keep more of their money, it allows for the to have more money to give to their employees. This is basic economics.