Collecting rare WDW music

Bairstow

Original Poster
Ever since my family bought the old MK/Epcot CD from 1989, of my favorite hobbies is collecting recordings of queue music from Disney Parks. The internet has made this much easier, as there are many webpages and programs that make it a snap to find and download rare recordings of this music. A lot of the music used in lines at Disney World is music taken from preexisting albums by instrumental artists. For example, David Lanz's "Behind the Waterfall" is the primary queue music for Cranium Command. Then you have different variations of Disney themes that are used in different parts of the line or attraction, like the MANY different versions of "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and "It's Fun To Be Free". This music is often available on special CDs like the park soundtracks or the Disneyland Forever kiosks.
THEN, you've got what I presume are pirate recordings. There are a lot of MP3s floating around of music from various attractions and sections of the park that sound like they were ripped from recording studios or taken by holding a tape recorder up to a speaker in the pavillion. A friend of mine suggests that a lot of the music used in parks and attractions is actually broadcast on localized FM channels from the control stations to speakers, and this could be intercepted and recorded by any guest armed with the proper equipment. There are MP3s of the Living Seas music and El Rio Del Tiempo that I am sure were compiled in this way.

Even after all my searching, there are a few songs I can't find ANYWHERE but in the parks themselves. Does anyone have any clue on how I can hear these again?

The ambient synth music played in the star window rooms of Space Mountain. (It's NOT similar at all the the music in the ball-pit entrance)
The CURRENT exit ramp music from Space Mountain in Walt Disney World. (It's NOT a variation on the above toon, OR Sentimental Journey.)
The new music played at the Universe of Energy area, the one with the scary backwards guitar samples.
The organ music from 20,000,000 leagues under the sea
Any version of "Dreamflight"
The queue music from Buzz Lightyear

General Grizz

Originally posted by Bairstow
The new music played at the Universe of Energy area, the one with the scary backwards guitar samples.

Any version of "Dreamflight"

I have a few tracks from those attractions above. A theme from Dreamflight (33 seconds and a 17 second queue track) and a 17:35 track of thje new UoE area.

I also enjoy collecting Disney audio, and have hours of it on my harddrive.

You can IM me at terrence68. I'll be happy to share anything with ya!

Samples of 25 "Rare Files" I have (listed by a random play on Winamp):

1) Wonders of Life - Full Loop (63:25)
2) Haunted Mansion Holiday (13:50)
3) Horizons - Choose Your Tomorrow Select (1:37)
4) Character Grove - Elephants on Parade (2:01)
5) Journey Into Your Imagination Area (18:02)
6) Fun to Be Free - Hornpipe (Columbus Scene) - (1:05)
7) March of the Animals - Part 4 - (2:05)
8) Horizons - Future from the 50's (1:35)
9) America Sings - Gay 90s (3:58)
10) Listen to the Land - 3 (1:59)
11) Disney Mania Parade - Part 2 (3:16)
12) Tapestry of Nations - (23:54)
13) American Adventure - New Invention (1:29)
14) Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing (Sing Along Version) (3:02)
15) Cuddlesome Bubblesome Bear (CBJ Demo) - (2:07)
16) World of Motion - Turn of the Century Scene Music - (1:09)
17) Tokyo Disneyland: Imagineering the Dream - (37:32)
18) Kitchen Kabaret - (12:15)
19) Magic Journeys Soundtrack - (16:22)
20) Carousel of Progress Enter and Exit - (4:02)
21) Illuminations 25 - 5 Minute Warning - :)46)
22) Image Works - Conduct Your Orchestra - (4:41)
23) Horizons Exit (1:54)
24) The Land Music Loop (26:16)
25) Kitchen Kabaret Unload (2:16)

IM me at terrence68 if you want to expand your collection with songs such as these.

spectrofan

I never found the "Honey I shrunk the Audience" True colors full version, I found only 1 min of the song in Audiogalaxy:cry: and that is a really hard song to find...

My Library

I'm collecting as much as I can too... I'm looking for the Enchanted Music heard in the Jungle Cruise Temple...

By the way I've attached my list...

I do have the True Colors from the HISTA Preshow...

235 files 629.7 MB

Jerry Schauer
CommandoImagineer@yahoo.com

Attachments

• disney theme park music.txt
    35 KB · Views: 225

Bairstow

Original Poster
Wow! It's great, but not suprising to see so many people also collect and compile WDW MP3s!

For those interested, my AIM handle is crwsam and I'd love to chat about music or trade files. I've included my playlist too.

So, what are everyone's favorite bits of queue music? Mine are Behind the Waterfall, the aforementioned ambient synth from Space Mountain, and two Tower of Terror big band numbers that I know only as "remember" and "sleepy".

Attachments

• disneyworld playlist.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 205

Bairstow

Original Poster
Re: Junglle Cruise Queue

Originally posted by JerrySchauer
I'm also interested in obtaining the Radio Announcements heard in the line at The Jungle Cruise...

Got 'em, both before and after Indiana Jones was installed. Got AIM?

Bairstow

Original Poster
Re: Where??!?!

Originally posted by AdLibSean
Hey everyone! Where can these files be found, cuz Kazaa really bites! CAn they be found on AudioGalaxy?? Thanks

Yep, Audiogalaxy works like a charm. Disney has been real beneficent in not blocking any of the music from the parks. I'M on Audiogalaxy, so every song I have would be available to you if you know where to look. Just do a search for "Epcot", "Disney World" or "Tomorrowland" and see what you get. If you have trouble finding what you want just look through my playlist and type in the file name.

MCMike37

Ahh, well now that I am settled again maybe I can start to barter with people to get some more:D

I started collecting songs when Napster rolled out three years ago or so. In that time I have collected enough for a 10 CD set for my family (All Disney freaks) and am still going strong. (I have total about a gig worth of songs (I think around 200-300 different tracks) and audio and 300 megs of graphics files for the CD set)

This is an old list of what I have. I added more things before the final burn of the CDS (Incidentally it started off as a 4CD set and just grew and grew, I had to draw the line somewhere)
http://personal.bellsouth.net/lig/m/c/mcmike37/list.htm

Anyways, I would interested in trading with people if I have anything anyone wants. I am currently on a dial-up connection so trying to get anything while on-line is not an easy or quick prospect.

millercv

Just counted

And I have over 530 Disney MP3 files (and I don't even know what all of them are). If anyone still hasn't tracked down things they are looking for let me know and I'll look.

Some examples of rare ones:

A Couple of pristene tracks from "Mickeys twas the night before Christmas" I don't know if it was ever available on CD before but these recordings sound like they are off of the soundboard.

A lot of Tokyo/Paris stuff

AK Area Music

Etc etc etc I guess I really don't know what is rare. I've just been compiling stuff since the Napster days and then switched to bearshare and I am currently using AudioGalaxy.

One thing I've noticed is that MGM really doesn't have much music out there....

Bairstow

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Junglle Cruise Queue

Originally posted by MKCustodial

How is that? On Disneyland, and about the Indy ride they have there?

Yeah, I would assume so considering all the chatter about the "Temple of the Forbidden Eye". Oh, and I double-checked and it turns out that both of my recordings are POST-Indiana Jones, although one is a newscast from a radio on the dock and the other one is radio chatter from random people.

MGMBoy

Okay...I'm stuck with a horribly slow dial-up. Do those of you with obscene amounts of music have CD-R's that I could negotiate getting a disc full of stuff? I have at least a gig myself of stuff but I don't have the list because I need to reinstall that HD. TTFN.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom