News Coco scene coming to Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Disney World

mf1972

philharmagic looked ok the last time we saw it a few years ago. i’m sure it can use a little tlc to sharpen it up. i have no issue with the coco addition. i just hope it’s done well.

Brer Panther

Frozen already has an entire ride
So does The Little Mermaid, though that technically opened after Philharmagic... but it also has a show that opened BEFORE Philharmagic, so...
-Frozen
-Toy Story
-Moana
-Tangled
and few more
Would Toy Story really fit into Philharmagic? The only real "musical number" in any of the films to my knowledge is Wheezy singing "You've Got a Friend in Me" at the end of the second one...
I wouldn't hate if this followed Star Tours, and more scenes were added so that the segments would be randomized. It works, Donald is just chasing the hat from scene to scene, so the order of the scenes don't really matter all that much.
I personally think this would be a great idea.

Splashin' Ryan

I know this has been said countless times on probably every thread but if I'm visiting the most visited theme park in the world and paying a premium to do so, I should expect among other things to find projectors that are at least as good if not better than my local movie theatre and graphics that don't look like they were made in the '90s.
Spare your "well you should just go to the movie theatre then" comments too I'm talking purely about what should be offered for the price you're paying and this show does not stand up to it.

aladdin2007

Interesting choice. I love Coco... easily one of the best Pixar films but I wish they wouldn’t mix Pixar and classic Disney. To me, Philharmagic should be all Disney Feature Animation.

But it’s nice to see an update / addition to Philharmagic and again... coco is a great property so I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

agree and that sentiment makes sense I would kinda like to see philharmagic stay with more classic disney features but this does sound like a nice little addition....and in response to some of the previous posts, enough frozen and moana already, moana is getting the waterfall in epcot (should have been ak instead) and the poly takeover, frozen booted norway so do we need it in here too? Im sure they still have plans to scrap the tiki room at some point with the moana meetngreet,,which I pray never happens...

Magenta Panther

I've never seen the Pixar "I See Dead People" movie :cool:, and I'd rather have Tangled's "I See The Light" song (cool 3D floating lanterns!) but whatever - I just hope this motivates TDO to finally update the blurry 3D in that show. It's been crappy for years.

I'm also relieved that no scene is being replaced by this new one. Kind of out of character for TDO these days...

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I also thought the animation was blurry, but I also last watched with a mask causing fogged opera glasses. Even before that it's been looking very dated, so hopefully there is some update when they add the new scene.

Coco's music, to my memory, is not anywhere in MK and Coco was released after Happily Ever After debuted. Yes, the other Pharharmagic songs are well represented but when deciding what to add it's great they went with something without an existing presence. Further, I can see Coco fitting into HarmoniUS and left out of the new MK show to minimize duplication of music in the EPCOT and MK IP night extravaganzas.

Sir_Cliff

And I'm fine with Coco. It's not a movie like Frozen or Toy Story that Disney has oversaturated the parks with.
Completely agree. It's nice to see a different film getting some love in the parks and Coco also seems like one of the recent films that has proven to have some staying power.

Music is also central to the plot of Coco, so it does make some sense for Philharmagic.

CJR

Very happy to hear this, it's long overdue.

I hope eventually they will make a version of the show where the songs are from the villains. I could see Donald sitting on the other end of the table during Friends on the Other Side, while Dr. Facilier tries to steal the hat. So much potential there.

Hope they don't stop here.

Animaniac93-98

Completely agree. It's nice to see a different film getting some love in the parks and Coco also seems like one of the recent films that has proven to have some staying power.

Music is also central to the plot of Coco, so it does make some sense for Philharmagic.

The setting and style of music also contrast nicely with the other segments.

More princess songs would just be repetitive IMO, and WDW's current Fantasyland has been criticized enough for skewing too much to their movies.

SpectroMan93

Very happy to hear this, it's long overdue.

I hope eventually they will make a version of the show where the songs are from the villains. I could see Donald sitting on the other end of the table during Friends on the Other Side, while Dr. Facilier tries to steal the hat. So much potential there.

Hope they don't stop here.
Oh I loooove this idea. Suddenly a Halloween/villain overlay of Philarmagic sounds likes a no brainer lol. So many great villain songs for them to work with to make it happen.

Sir_Cliff

The setting and style of music also contrast nicely with the other segments.

More princess songs would just be repetitive IMO, and WDW's current Fantasyland has been criticized enough for skewing too much to their movies.
Again, 1000% agree! This will be a nice change in tone and style that will could add something new and perhaps a little unexpected to the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom