News Coco scene coming to Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Disney World

PymParty

Does someone know the reasons why the update is not added to the parks in Hong Kong & Tokyo, which both also have PhilarMagic ?
If this update is what was rumoured to come go MK for the 50th anniversary, I remember that HKDL was also rumoured to get it...

lazyboy97o

Does someone know the reasons why the update is not added to the parks in Hong Kong & Tokyo, which both also have PhilarMagic ?
If this update is what was rumoured to come go MK for the 50th anniversary, I remember that HKDL was also rumoured to get it...
Probably because neither park is willing to pay for it.

SpectroMan93

That's pretty awesome, but the fact that we haven't seen ANY of Tangled, Princess and the Frog, Moana, or Frozen is puzzling.

Puzzling, but also kind of refreshing. It’s an IP that we haven’t seen much of, at least not in the Orlando parks. Though I definitely wouldn’t mind Moana or Tangled either. We already have enough Frozen at the parks lol.

Stupido

i love this so much. Philhar will always have a special place in my heart from my days working in MK, and Coco is such a inspired choice to add to the show.

I wouldn't hate if this followed Star Tours, and more scenes were added so that the segments could be randomized. It works, Donald is just chasing the hat from scene to scene, so the order of the scenes don't really matter all that much.

The possibilities are literally endless, but I'd love to see them add:

"Zero to Hero" from Hercules
"Dig a little Deeper" or "My Belle Evangeline" from Princess and the Frog (whichever doesn't make it into Splash).
"Colors of the Wind" or "Just Around the Riverbend" from Pocahontas
the dancing in space scene from Wall-E
"How Far Will I Go" from Moana

Last edited:

brb1006

Yeah and some better projectors would be nice as well, it looked very blurry last time I was there.
Yeah when I seen at back in April 2016, the projectors were very blurry and thought something was wrong with my opera glasses. Because when I first seen at back in the Summer of 2004, everything worked properly.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I just hope it's the Grandma slapping Donald and saying No Music
tumblr_8374175a0510747491ba52f28951d767_c6da2b9e_540.gif

Last edited:

ppete1975

Frozen's been overexposed at this point. I'd rather had something from Disney's older films (1960s and 1970s era such as The Aristocats or The Jungle Book) over another Let It Go musical number. I still remember the "Frozen Summer Fun" event held at DHS between 2014 and 2015!
you make a great point... now would be a great time to put alot of the more forgotten films in here... fox and the hound, robin hood, sword in the stone... with disney+ this would be a cheap way to constantly have people see the show then want to watch the movie maybe for the first time.. DRIVING MERCHANDISE!!!! (i had to give disney a reason to do it)

TrainsOfDisney

Interesting choice. I love Coco... easily one of the best Pixar films but I wish they wouldn’t mix Pixar and classic Disney. To me, Philharmagic should be all Disney Feature Animation.

But it’s nice to see an update / addition to Philharmagic and again... coco is a great property so I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom