Coca-Cola Zero

Invero

Original Poster
Has anyone tried Coca-Cola Zero yet? I've tried C2, but it tastes like crap. I'm a Coke addict... I NEED MY BIG RED! But I want to find something with less calories.

I've tried Diet Coke, but I don't really like it. (Just a little tid bit, Diet Coke is actually a completely different soft drink than real Coca-Cola. The failed "New Coke" of 1985 was actually a sugared version of Diet Coke.)

WDWScottieBoy

I know you love Coca-cola, but have you tried Pepsi One? I guess they just redid it and it's supposed to be very good.

Also, the new Diet Coke with Splenda is supposed to be good as well. I haven't tried either, but have been wanting to lately.

tigsmom

WDWScottieBoy said:
I know you love Coca-cola, but have you tried Pepsi One? I guess they just redid it and it's supposed to be very good.

Also, the new Diet Coke with Splenda is supposed to be good as well. I haven't tried either, but have been wanting to lately.

Don't bother! It doesn't taste like COKE & it doesn't taste like Diet COKE. :hurl:

SirNim

Scott just wants some Mezzo Mix! :lol:

Speaking of Pepsi One, I remember when it first came out, they were having promotions in malls and one of the gimmicks was a mini-golf putting green and if you got a hole-in-one (get it?) you won a free t-shirt. :) I don't know where my t-shirt went. But I had one! :)

Invero

Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:

Don't like Pepsi. Besides, they don't sell it at Disney.

On a side note, I just made a trip to Hess and bought a Coca-Cola Zero. Eh. Not as bad as C2, but it's still blah. And it leaves a nasty after taste.

*sigh* Back to big red it is!

barnum42

When I decided to ditch sugar in my drinks - both tea and soda I found that the diet sodas tasted awful. But now they are by far my prefeance. Maybe you can adjust to Diet Coke.

barnum42

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Diet Coke is bogging however I drink 2 litres of Pepsi max a day. I dont drink T or coffee, Just pepsi water and if Im feeling naughty some Irn Bru, my other national drink

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/ check the tv adds
Pepsi Max is too sweet. I'll bog down with Diet Coke. I have been know to supp the odd Diet Irn Bru. What do you make of the supermarket knock-off Iron Brew? Asda's is pretty close.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
barnum42 said:
What do you make of the supermarket knock-off Iron Brew? Asda's is pretty close.

In my best Peter Kay voice "Iron Brew, Iron Brew, its crap pop."

:D Sorry about that, had a debate with Mrs sak this weekend about the merits of stores own brand drinks. has to be the real thing for me.

And if the Dr is looking its purely the sugar free stuff now. :animwink:

no2apprentice

Have you tried caffeine free diet Coke? I don't care for diet Coke out of a bottle, but I can handle the caffeine free...it actually has a different taste to me.

And from my own experience...if you've been drinking regular soda for any length of time, you will more than likely not enjoy ANY diet soda until you've been drinking it for several months.

Other reviews...

Diet Coke with lime...a miss, it just doesn't taste right. Close, but not quite.
Diet Pepsi with lime...better. Almost refreshing.
Cherry Diet Coke...good.
Cherry Diet Pepsi...good.

The vanilla diets...haven't tried 'em.

Diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper...one of the most interesting diet drinks I've ever tasted. No one flavor stands out...they blend really well. I really didn't expect to enjoy it, and found it very good.

crazygirley

IMO, Pepsi One and Diet Coke with Splenda are very similar in taste... more specifically in after taste... the only thing is, one is more Coke-ish, the other more Pepsi-ish.

I always loved Pepsi One... but Diet Pepsi is my absolute favorite.

I didn't care for C2.

I've yet to try this Coke Zero, but plan on investigating immediately.

Woody13

barnum42 said:
When I decided to ditch sugar in my drinks - both tea and soda I found that the diet sodas tasted awful. But now they are by far my prefeance. Maybe you can adjust to Diet Coke.
Yes, you're right. It's an acquired taste that takes some time.

Invero

Original Poster
no2apprentice said:
Have you tried caffeine free diet Coke? I don't care for diet Coke out of a bottle, but I can handle the caffeine free...it actually has a different taste to me.

At home, I drink Caffeine Free Coca-Cola Classic. At work, since its not available, I drink the good stuff :) I don't mind decaffinated or sugar free beverages at all... so long as they taste like The Real Thing.

dxwwf3

barnum42 said:

Same here. I've always preferred Diet drinks though. Diet Mountain Dew, Diet Cherry Coke, Diet Dr. Enuf and Diet Herbal Dr. Enuf (Local drinks. I have no idea if they are well known in other parts of the country) are my favorites.

And I still don't think I can taste a difference between a regular Dr. Pepper and a Diet one.

WDWScottieBoy

SirNim said:
Scott just wants some Mezzo Mix! :lol:

You sure know me! *chugs another can of Mezzo Mix and stares at my stash going down slowly* :(

Diet Pepsi Vanilla is actually one of my favorite drinks. It's much more smoother than Vanilla Coke. I prefer the smoothness of Pepsi over Coke though, which I think has a crisp taste to it and it usually "burns" my mouth/throat when I drink it.

no2apprentice

Pumbas Nakasak said:
two nations separated by a common language ,and thats without my Jock accent :)
After what I've learned in the past few years about some of the unique terms our friends across the Atlantic use, I wonder just how common a language it is. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom