Coca-Cola Store at Disney Springs

pbrsaau

I had no idea that this was coming to DS - missed the announcement somewhere along the line. Atlanta and Vegas are fun distractions.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Still wondering if this will have any impact on Club Cool at Epcot since its basically a smaller version of this?

The Vegas one offers the samples, but charges for them on a tray
197398_680072487340_3816285_n-2B-600x402-.jpg

So I expect it will be similar at Disney Springs. Epcot offers samples for free and the DS is mainly merchandise and a small amount of sampling which is charged for.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I safe bet would be that it is much smaller than Atlanta. But too early to tell.

Agreed, the one in Atlanta is easily 3-4 times the size of this building. This looks to be a two story building. I suspect the entire first floor will be all merchandise or possibly merchandise and sampling. The second floor will likely be a bottling demo, Coke advertising museum, and or sampling. Given the size of this building, I'd be really surprised to see a theater included. The exhibit in Atlanta regarding the secret formulation of Coke was one of the coolest exhibits there, but just seems this building would be too small to fit something similar.

Jon81uk

Agreed, the one in Atlanta is easily 3-4 times the size of this building. This looks to be a two story building. I suspect the entire first floor will be all merchandise or possibly merchandise and sampling. The second floor will likely be a bottling demo, Coke advertising museum, and or sampling. Given the size of this building, I'd be really surprised to see a theater included. The exhibit in Atlanta regarding the secret formulation of Coke was one of the coolest exhibits there, but just seems this building would be too small to fit something similar.

You have almost described the WoC in Vegas which is almost entirely merchandise, with a small bar/sampling area.

Mickey_777

One of life's simple pleasures for me is enjoying some Coca-Cola at home in my frosty green Coca-Cola glass. I've always been a fan of the look of the old-timey Coke stuff too which seems to be incorporated in the exterior. Totally in theme for DS. Good stuff.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Looking forward to the completion and seeing how it turns out. Love the WoC in ATL, the old time Coke memorabilia so much I have a couple old resorted 8oz bottle machines and a dozen or so wood crates.

P_Radden

I know all fountain Coke is supposed to taste the same, but one time a lady told me that McDonald's fountain Coke tastes the best. I didn't think much of it at the time, but that comment stuck in my head. From there on I always payed attention to the taste of any fountain Coke I got, whether from McDonald's or wherever... I can say now, I definitely agree with her, McDonald's does have the best fountain Coke.

BUT I was surprised at how good WDW fountain Coke is. To me it is nearly identical to McDonald's... Something about that fizzy fountain Coke that just washes down your food so well haha.

Sry if this is off topic, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Kamikaze

I know all fountain Coke is supposed to taste the same, but one time a lady told me that McDonald's fountain Coke tastes the best. I didn't think much of it at the time, but that comment stuck in my head. From there on I always payed attention to the taste of any fountain Coke I got, whether from McDonald's or wherever... I can say now, I definitely agree with her, McDonald's does have the best fountain Coke.

BUT I was surprised at how good WDW fountain Coke is. To me it is nearly identical to McDonald's... Something about that fizzy fountain Coke that just washes down your food so well haha.

Who told you its 'supposed to taste the same'? It isn't and it doesn't. It can vary greatly based on the amount of syrup vs water, the amount of carbonation, etc.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Syrup to carbonated water ratio is a standard 5:1 ratio, so the only real difference you'll find is how the water is processed before its carbonated, how much carbonation is added to the water, if the dispenser has a cooling plate for the water (keeps the CO2 in suspension), and if its dispensed cold. Hasnt changed that much in years, only the syrup containment changing from canisters to Bulk in Bags (BIB) has changed since I did it for Six Flags in High School.

Kamikaze

Syrup to carbonated water ratio is a standard 5:1 ratio, so the only real difference you'll find is how the water is processed before its carbonated, how much carbonation is added to the water, if the dispenser has a cooling plate for the water (keeps the CO2 in suspension), and if its dispensed cold.

However, nearly all fountains will allow you to change said ratio by simply turning a dial.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
However, nearly all fountains will allow you to change said ratio by simply turning a dial.

Let the operator change it, its fixed for the customer....even in the Freestyle machines. Increase the ratio increase profit, decrease ratio, decrease profit.

Grumpy1973

Always heard that Mcds had a "deal" with Coke that their machines would always taste better than others.. Likely not true but sure seems that way sometimes, I too missed this announcement and have been to the Atlanta location a few times and have been wanting to go back, really nostalgic place for me and excited to see a small version coming this close to home..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom