Cobra Kai spoiler thread

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Ok, we just finished the first 2 seasons of Cobra Kai. Holy cow it was really good. When I first heard they were doing the show I thought, how lame. Then I saw a trailer and thought, it doesn't look half bad. If you're a fan of the original, it is a worthy watch. Anyone else watched or watching now that it's on Netflix?

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Yeah it's good but not happy that NFLX is putting off S3 most likely until next year. I mean the season is finished and ready to go.
I kind of get it. But at the same time, all Netflix does is drop everything at once to binge, so why wait. Maybe they don't feel they will be able to get season 4 moving along fast enough because of covid. So this gives them a cushion so we aren't waiting 2yrs for the next season.

champdisney

It was real easy for me to get hooked on Cobra Kai. I’m a fan of The Karate Kid and I love how this show brilliantly pays homage to it without neglecting or disrespecting any of the OG characters. Every episode touches on an interesting topic concerning life as a whole, sometimes a situation arises or settles. It’s a perfectly balanced show.

Mr. Miyagi would be proud!

champdisney

It's funny how it seems like such an easy concept. But more often than not, it gets screwed up.
Its the result of bad leadership who hire folks that are not necessarily fans of the original source material, they bring them in with the notion that they’ll succeed. It’s the same filmmakers who make it look like making movies is easy and they understand everything... no need to correct them. They already know. And better too.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Just finished season 3, we really loved it. There was a few things that they could have done a bit better but overall it was really good. The only major issue I had was the ending. I get that maybe they didn’t want another season to end in a tournament so soon. But now we really didn't get closure to the season and have to wait who knows how long since they haven't started filming season 4 yet. I liked the Okinawa episode but it skirted the a bit too fan servicey. Of course the girl Daniel saved in the 2nd movie is the one to save his company. I just hope they get started this month with filming so it's ready this year.

The_Jobu

Not reading anything in this thread yet, still mid season 3, but I must say, I really love this show.

For two years friends were saying "you gotta watch Cobra Kai! It's so good!" and I would put it off, "how good can it be? TV lately... meh". I was so wrong. It was every bit as good as they said and more. I haven't enjoyed a show this much for over a decade, maybe more. Amazing.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Not reading anything in this thread yet, still mid season 3, but I must say, I really love this show.

For two years friends were saying "you gotta watch Cobra Kai! It's so good!" and I would put it off, "how good can it be? TV lately... meh". I was so wrong. It was every bit as good as they said and more. I haven't enjoyed a show this much for over a decade, maybe more. Amazing.
I remember the announcement for the show and that it was being made for youtube. The first thing I said was, oh man this is going to be a poop show of biblical proportions. Then the reviews started to come in and everyone seemed to love it. Youtube then made the first 2 episodes free and I was hooked after the first one. I can admit when I'm wrong, and boy did I miss the mark on this show. Lol

erasure fan1

Original Poster
I thought season 4 overall was really good. I could use a bit less of the we understand and respect each other, no wait, you haven't changed at all. They go back to that way too much. I liked Silver more than I thought I would. I thought the ending with Johnny and Robbie was nice. I just hope they don't do the Johnny goes to help Miguel and Robbie gets all mad...

I'm hoping since season 5 was done filming before this season released. We don't have a year to wait until it comes out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I thought season 4 overall was really good. I could use a bit less of the we understand and respect each other, no wait, you haven't changed at all. They go back to that way too much. I liked Silver more than I thought I would. I thought the ending with Johnny and Robbie was nice. I just hope they don't do the Johnny goes to help Miguel and Robbie gets all mad...

I'm hoping since season 5 was done filming before this season released. We don't have a year to wait until it comes out.
Season 5 is in the can. They’ll wait another year, but it’s done. I wish they’d speed the releases up though…my patience for short, slow release seasons is wearing thin…cough…disney 😎

this season was enjoyable…but I heard it compared to a little bit of an over the top wrestling kinda vibe and I agree to a certain extent.

Silver is actually a really good villian from a really bad movie. He’s a year younger than Ralph macchio…but would have to be a minimum 15 years older as a character

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm wondering if Mike Barnes will be the guy that Silver will call to help. That's the last guy I can think of that was against Daniel.
Undoubtedly…

but the big reveal is Miguel’s father…who they said he never knew about?

could it be mike Barnes? They lead us to believe a drug lord…but it could be a twist to just a jerk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom