CM's Who Lost It

KBLovedDisney

She still works there! She had the same POC meltdown last month.
The worst I ever saw/heard was at Disneyland when I was about 10. It was late and my sister and I were getting on the Skyway ride. Remeber that ride? I dont know what the issue was but the CM who was loading the passengers lost it on the man in the party ahead of us. He yelled “f... off old man!” Happy feeling gone...
I was referring to the 5th of December being @jaklgreen anniversary:cautious:

Goofnut1980

I have never experienced a CM being rude to anyone. And let me tell you, in my trips I have seen the opposite. The guests can be down right disgraceful. I am a big advocate for the CM. I have a lot of friends that work for the Mouse and know the low wages and long hours they have to work. My husband knows just to sit back and zip it when I see a CM being verbally abused by a guest. I walk over to the guest and in a few short words get them to shut it, calm down, apologize and walk away. They can be mad and I don't really care. It is a respect thing for me. I have a way to make someone feel ashamed for acting out. The CM's appreciate it and it gives me great joy to help the CM and also make someone feel terrible for the way they are treating someone else. Working in the wedding industry, the one thing I do not tolerate is being rude to a server (or in this case someone lower on the totem pole).

Bartattack

I haven't experienced rude or angry CM at WDW, but boy did I encounter some at our Shanghai Disneyland trip last August. When I was standing in the queue for a fastpass for Tron, lot's of 'scammers' and regular people try to skip the lines. One person jumped over the rope and a CM saw this. He started yelling at the guest and then he grabbed the guest by the belt of his bag and pulled him out of the queue. The belt snapped. Then they went on yelling at eachother untill finally the guest went away. Pretty surreal stuff. I don't blame the CM's at Shanghai Disneyland... they have a hard time with a lot of the guests... a lot of them just don't listen to CM's and Security.

Littleclown

I have been to WDW at least twenty times and can remember a lot of visitors thinking they are entitled to all kinds of things instead of respecting the people around them. My most memorable was when standing in line to see Mickey in Animal Kingdom I had a patron throw a royal fit at a cast member wheeling a family to the front of the line. The cast member took his abuse ending it with " I am sorry you feel that way but the family was that of a MAKE A WISH child whose wish was to have his picture taken with Mickey. I actually heard the patron ask him what Make A Wish was.. This guy was then dressed down by the group of us for being totally insensitive to needs of this child for what took the family less the 2 minutes to be done and gone. I feel so badly for these brave people who CHOOSE to be cast members and are subjected to this kind of stupidity on a daily basis all because they paid money to be in the parks.

dizbang

Disneyland...Summer...94 degrees. A friend of mine was Grumpy. A guest handed her baby to Grumpy and the baby immediately threw up (protein spill :) ) down inside Grumpy's costume. He started to exit the stage and was told he had to wait until his shift was over. He didn't wait and his career the The Company was over.

John park hopper

Have never in all my trips seen a CM loose it though I have observed times when I can't imagine being in their place. Have seen some "guests" calling them rude is putting it mildly.

Goofyernmost

Been there 45 times and have seen yelling a couple of times, but, seriously, all you overly sensitive folks, what I witnessed was absolutely understandable and justifiable no matter where it took place. We want our CM's to be sweetly human but not human all at the same time. When dealing with jerks all day long any human is going to reach a boiling point or even nothing more them reactionary needs to prevent someone from getting hurt. CM's are human! Act like a civilized guest and no one will ever yell at you about anything.

spock8113

One of the most difficult jobs in the parks, being calm and helpful while being abused.
We were in the Haunted Mansion when the Haunted Room Doors closed. We were "2ft" from the wall inside "the line" yet the cast member literally shoved us to the "Dead Center of the Room".
We call it "Park Rage."
Aside from the very occasional lethargic and less-than-helpful cast member, 98% are very good.
You have to work hard to keep your minimum wage job while the board members get checks 10,000 times greater.
Talk about pay equality.

diamond

I've never seen a full melt down, but I remember a time when a CM really wanted to. We were at MK, and had just watched the first parade up at the wheelchair section in the front of the castle . We had seen wishes the evening before so decided to go back to Pop. However, the road was completely plugged with 15 year old girls sitting on Mainstreet USA waiting for the fireworks. I had had quite a lot of dealings with these girls, because there were about 500 of them at Pop. I have always found them respectful and helpful. I don't speak Spanish but I've found a smile and gentle manner go along way. Anyway, I asked the CM how to get through the crowd to get to the busses. I've seen times when they open the back way to exit when MK is extremely busy. He told me there was no other way to leave. He said he had been trying to control these girls since 9:00 am but they don't speak English. I expect some of them were pulling the "I don't speak English" card. Anyway, there was quite a crowd of people wishing to leave, and it could have been a dangerous situation. I was feeling a sort of panic, fearing the blocked road. The road was completely plugged with these girls. They were tired. They wanted to sit. They had found a good spot to see the fireworks and had no intention of moving. If I could have manuvered through, I could have gone through the shops but even that was impossible. The CM told me if I could squeeze through to try, but if not I'd have to wait until I could. He was thoroughly frustrated, and I'm sure very tired of the whole thing. So I gently asked the girls if I could squeeze through and they shuffled over enough to make room for me and my DDs wheelchair. As I made my way down Mainstreet the girls parted, and made room for us to get through. Perhaps they didn't want to be rammed with a wheelchair, but I would never intentionally do that. They all seemed like nice girls, having a great time in such a happy place. As we progressed, I'm sure a hundred people followed us through the crowd and were able to leave. I expect that the CMs then were able to keep this passageway open, but I didn't stick around to see.

In regards to post 33.
I have seen when Epcot was terribly busy, the CMs form a line and direct traffic keeping everyone to the right, to keep the pedestrian traffic flowing.

Goofyernmost

Who are you calling out? Have you read the thread? Nearly everyone has been understanding as to why it happens.
Sometimes I express my opinion. I don't think I was calling anybody out. It was just a response to half a story, with alarm in every word, when no details were known at the time. Sorry, sometimes I like to know what I am talking about before I panic and yell that the sky is falling.

floridagirl57

I never notice (or maybe I'm just too busy and didistracted) guests being rude to cast members but wow I witnessed an episode yesterday. It's the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend so the parks are incredibly crowded (plus a tropical storm looming in the tropics). We were in the standby line to ride Little Mermaid in MK, it was between 6 and 7 PM and the posted wait was 15 mins. We were at the fast pass merge area, right before we load, and this woman in the fast pass line started berating the cast member for making her wait. She was incredibly rude and abusive and claimed that since there was nobody behind her she shouldn't have to wait but the cast member was calmly trying to explain that she has to get her standby line through. I've never witnessed anything like it and I felt so horrible for the poor cast member dealing with such an irate, irrational and entitled guest.

21stamps

Especially the kind of money we pay to visit WDW.
This is the exact reason why WDW visitors have gotten worse over the years.

Anyway, yes, it happened to us at MVMCP on the Jingle Cruise. Microphone was t working well, someone in the back said “We can’t hear you”.. and CM automatically threw a little fit. Set the microphone down and had her back to us the entire ride. It was rude, unprofessional, and not warranted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom