CMs and Grad Nite

tinkish

Wow! This is all shocking to me...that Disney would allow the park to be used for grad nites. Obviously, grad nites are parties....teen parties...and teen partiers can, and do get wild! It's to be expected. And I'm surprised that they would open up the park for that. I would have thought that higher standards applied to Disney parks. It's not a carnival, county fair, or a Six Flags park....it's Disney!

KumbaRider

Universal is just as bad, just as wild. My school went there, but I didn't go because I was at the Contemporary for a state competition, which was awesome of course. Both parks put up with it in an attempt to give seniors some fun, considering many have not had field trips since elementary school. It's really a shame that students disrespect both parks so much. I doubt that WDW or UO will stop hosting these events anytime soon however.

Dementia

Original Poster
I just can't help but wonder if recent events will perhaps force Disney/Universal to put some more stringent rules into place, or more consequences, or SOMETHING if they're going to continue to have the events.

You're right though, it really IS a shame this happens.

gabtic

Thanks for the grad night info, I for one will be sure to avoid Disney World during those times.

Disney does advertise a family friendly vacation. I world be very upset to experience those situations with my children at Disney. Certainly not a magical memory.

ptfire228

I went to the April 23rd Grad Nite and it was a crazy experience!

At the Cyara concert the crowd was so full that they couldn't start the concert until people backed up. Then once they started the concert the crowd started to push foward and security did not do anything about it until one girl fell and broke her arm. Then the barricades fell and people tried to climb on the stage. It was not fun.

Also some of the people there were so rude, they would push people out of the way, cut in line, and start fights.

luckyeye13 said:
Oh man, that makes me think of that Universal commercial that I would see all the time when I was in Florida. (Of course, that could be what you were referring to, but I'm a little slow. :lookaroun :eek: )

haha yes, that was what I was referring to

Tom

Beta Return
Michael72688 said:
Wow, this is the one time teens actually want to go to Disney and most of you are complaining. I'm looking foward to it next year. But I guess since they just ruin the park feel Disney should get rid of it. Let Universal pick up the slack and the take another thing from Disney. Most teens would rather go there anyways

Yes, exactly. They ruin the park. They ruin the magic for others. They indeed should get rid of it. You probably don't see anything wrong with the things that took place: drug deals, throwing trash in the rides, sticking gum on walls, getting in fights, screaming and running, and violating security - and that's exactly why this should be done away with. Take it to some lower class park like a 6 Flags or Universal!

If I went to WDW and was around that (and I'm only 24!), I would be irate. That would ruin my vacation, not only because of the screaming, annoying, rude kids, but because of the vandalism and lack of respect for the park or other people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom